Real Talk: Will we ever see another artist go diamond? VOL any genre

Going gold is the new platinum, going platinum is the new diamond, going diamond is unrealistic/improbable/non attainable....etc

I know artist still make their money one way or another, but real talk, is going diamond a thing of the past?

Since we're on the topic, who was the last artist to go diamond?

imo i really don't see it happening, it was a rarity when music was selling well anyways

Originally Posted by JWM

imo i really don't see it happening, it was a rarity when music was selling well anyways

Nelly went diamond...
smh.gif

Ofcourse. We're due for this or the next generation's Elvis/MJ/Beattles/Bob Marley/etc. Can't rule out the chance for the next huge pop hit andI'm talking Backstreet Boys/N'Sync huge.

Not that it should happen but if Ol Man Jigga were to die before BP3 dropped I'm sure it'd get there

If anybody even has a CHANCE to go diamond, it's either Taylor Swift, or a Disney star.

I don't get down with neither of the subjects, but I do have enough competence to know that they have a HUGE loyal fanbase.

Last album to go diamond was....

Usher-Confessions

[h2]Diamond sales[/h2]
  • Pink Floyd - The Wall
    • 28 November 1979
    • 23 million ([emoji]9830[/emoji][sup]2[/sup] + [▲[sup]3[/sup]])
  • AC/DC - Back in Black
    • 21 July 1980
    • 22 million ([emoji]9830[/emoji][sup]2[/sup] [+ ▲[sup]2[/sup]])
  • Boston - Boston
    • 25 August 1976
    • 17 million ([emoji]9830[/emoji] [+ ▲[sup]7[/sup]])
  • Metallica - Metallica
    • 2 August 1991
    • 14 million ([emoji]9830[/emoji] [+ ▲[sup]4[/sup]])
  • Pearl Jam - Ten
    • 20 August 1991
    • 13 million ([emoji]9830[/emoji] [+ ▲³])
  • Kenny G - Breathless
    • 20 October 1992
    • 12 million ([emoji]9830[/emoji] [+ ▲[sup]2[/sup]])
  • Boyz II Men - II
    • 23 August 1994
  • Jewel - Pieces of You
    • 13 February 1995
  • Shania Twain - Up!
    • 19 November 2002
    • 11 million ([emoji]9830[/emoji] [+ ▲])
  • Creed - Human Clay
    • 28 September 1999
    • 11 million ([emoji]9830[/emoji] [+ ▲])
  • The Beatles - 1
    • 13 November 2000
    • 10 million ([emoji]9830[/emoji])
  • Van Halen - 1984
    • 4 January 1984
  • 'N Sync - *NSYNC
    • 24 March 1998

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Damn, no wonder you don't really see the eagles doin much anymore, they are caked up.

Same goes for Whitney Houston..... The Lion King soundtrack
eek.gif
, the movie was hot, but DAMN
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheeQuickness

If anybody even has a CHANCE to go diamond, it's either Taylor Swift, or a Disney star.

I don't get down with neither of the subjects, but I do have enough competence to know that they have a HUGE loyal fanbase.
Taylor Swift is the first one that came to mind and I remember Daughtry's sales being ridiculous ........ Adam Lambert from AI could dosomething special if he has a great band behind him, but just from him being on idol i don't see that happening ...... hmm the only other act out there isthe Jonas brothers but they suck

Edit ...... I'd also put The Mars Volta out there, they do have that stadium/huge rock band feel to them but i don't see them doing a commercial albummaybe octahedron is a hint of them heading in that direction but it has gotten very little press and might be in the category of too little too late
Also if 3000 puts out a classic album I could see it doing those numbers over a couple of years

Its really not that impossible an artist has to come along ith a hole different sound, buzz, movement it probably wont be a hip hopper unless Kast come withsome outlandish stuff or maybe dare I say Drake

Originally Posted by cartune

Its really not that impossible an artist has to come along ith a hole different sound, buzz, movement it probably wont be a hip hopper unless Kast come with some outlandish stuff or maybe dare I say Drake
I don't see Drake getting people outside of the hip-hop/r&b scene to buy his albums. At best he'll do Wayne numbers, if that.

what about 50's grodt & the massacre? I thought they went diamond? Eminem too? I didn't see them mentioned in the list above.

Originally Posted by zube42

Its really not that impossible an artist has to come along ith a hole different sound, buzz, movement it probably wont be a hip hopper unless Kast come with some outlandish stuff or maybe dare I say Drake
I don't see Drake getting people outside of the hip-hop/r&b scene to buy his albums. At best he'll do Wayne numbers, if that.
If they promote him right he has the perfect background he appeals to the chicks, backpackers, teenieboppers, Jewish community, Canandians,followers of that show he was on. Then he has that whole Obama factor he can play on being half white if he has 2 or 3 BIG Kanye type stadium status singles hecould do numbers worldwide.

Originally Posted by gentry187

what about 50's grodt & the massacre? I thought they went diamond? Eminem too? I didn't see them mentioned in the list above.

Must just be U.S. sales.... Get rich or die tryin - 7,862,261 in the U.S and 12 million copies worldwide. The Massacre- over 6 million copies sold in the U.S.and 11 million worldwide

If they promote him right he has the perfect background he appeals to the chicks, backpackers, teenieboppers, Jewish community, Canandians, followers of that show he was on. Then he has that whole Obama factor he can play on being half white if he has 2 or 3 BIG Kanye type stadium status singles he could do numbers worldwide.

if none of Kanye's albums even sniffed diamond I don't see Drake doing that, which is shocking with how big college dropout was ..... outside of smallcircles there's really no buzz or hunger for his album ....... he might need those singles just to go plat.

If they promote him right he has the perfect background he appeals to the chicks, backpackers, teenieboppers, Jewish community, Canandians, followers of that show he was on. Then he has that whole Obama factor he can play on being half white if he has 2 or 3 BIG Kanye type stadium status singles he could do numbers worldwide.

Agreed

great combination for a fanbase, which he clearly has....and talent that owns up to the buzz, this dude could do serious damage...
have we had any other "rap" artist from another country come through and set up shop like this?!?

**no im not a Drake Stan, seems like u gotta make that known around here**...
laugh.gif

Drake aint going Diamond
laugh.gif
. Hell go Plat for sure.

Going platinum is one thing, Diamond is another thing
laugh.gif

Plenty of guys will go diamond.

Population increase + more access to the internet +better economy = a lot more electronic sales.

Artists/bands who build huge careers can go diamond off of their best/most popular CD and/or a greatest hits CD.

Back
Top Bottom