Receiving negative feedback on eBay for a properly listed item; any experiences, what to do?

Hi, this buyer is reporting claims that were already evident in my item description. My description stated the shoes were already falling apart, and were crumbling already, where the negative feedback that was left directly reflects what I listed in my auction.

his feedback comment

"The whole back of the shoe was completly falling off ! Bad seller"

Also he is claiming that I'm a bad seller, when I PROPERLY listed the item accurately and to it's 100% correct description of the shoes, as well as the other 440+ positive feedbacks that I have garnered over the 5+years that I've been an eBay seller.

Lastly, he sent a message stating that if he did not receive a refund for his item, that "consequences" will be had, I have copied and pasted the message below

"i just go the shoes, the whole back of the %##+$#* shoe is coming off. if i do not get my money back to my paypal, there will be consequences. so please refund my money"

this is the only negative feedback that I've been hit with, so any links or advice would be useful to me, I've included the link to the OG IX's that I was selling below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

I kinda had a similar situation happen to me as well

You can get the buyer to change thier feedback but that probably wont happen

I just made a comment on there feedback explaining my side so i didnt come off looking like a bad seller, because I wasnt

V - as long as you have proof of delivery you are good to go. paypal wont take the money from you as long as you can provide that confirmation number. the only thing id be worried about is if he lives in the town over lol. but if you stated in the auction that the back is falling apart then hes got no argument, he shoulda read the whole thing. and dont worry about the feedback it happens. 1 bad feedback wont ruin your rep, just reply to it on your feedback page and explain what happened.

another thing you could do is tell him to send the shoes back and refund him.
edit: also, i know theres a way to remove the negative fb but im not sure how. it should be in the ebay help page.

There's not a lot you can do unfortunately - but there's not much he can do either. He's already done the worst thing he can - if you stated that in the auction and he files a paypal claim then he shouldn't win - it would seem obvious.

Unfortunately you'll have that negative for a while - but at least in the new system it will drop off the percentage after 12 months I think.

He can claim "significantly not as described, get the shoes, and the money" and youre left with nothin'.

i say give out his info and we go to work on this scumbag.

either that or you can go the approach of filing a false claim with the USPS, getting attorneys involved, and lawyers. send that letter to his house and hit him with some of his own medicine

damn wally, you are cold blooded lol

this guy is a new member too, with like 4 feedback and he already has a neg....(surprise!)

i still have all my info, and i guess i'll just battle paypal with this matter, I told him in our messages that if he had went a different route, and not INSTANTLY hit me with that neg, that things coulda worked out better, but i've already brushed this matter with ebay off my shoulders

now if paypal gets involved....time for some niketalk action!

Im going thru something kinda similar. I mailed a package to London. I gave dude a customs number, cause he didnt want to pay for tracking. It was sent first class mail. He still hasnt gotten it yet (17 days and counting). He filed a item not received. I told him I shipped and the custom number says accepted. Now I have a paypal claim open. If I escalate it will I win? They got a hold on my acct already.

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

Im going thru something kinda similar. I mailed a package to London. I gave dude a customs number, cause he didnt want to pay for tracking. It was sent first class mail. He still hasnt gotten it yet (17 days and counting). He filed a item not received. I told him I shipped and the custom number says accepted. Now I have a paypal claim open. If I escalate it will I win? They got a hold on my acct already.

You'll lose. If you read the Paypal rules you have to ship with tracking - there's no other way for them to prove if they got there or not.

He'll win the claim and there's nothing you can do.

I don't give people the option - if they want international shipping they will pay a ton so that is signature all the way. That is listed in the auction if I list international at all - the hassle often isn't worth it.

A customs number basically IS tracking though, atleast with PRIORITY INTERNATIONAL.

you enter that number at usps.com, a cp47365us type number, and tracking info will show up just as it does with USPS in state DC.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

You'll lose. If you read the Paypal rules you have to ship with tracking - there's no other way for them to prove if they got there or not.

He'll win the claim and there's nothing you can do.

I don't give people the option - if they want international shipping they will pay a ton so that is signature all the way. That is listed in the auction if I list international at all - the hassle often isn't worth it.
this/  i hate when international people have won my auctions in the past  when my listings clearly state i don't ship outside of the usa.

then when i've tried to work with them in the past they want to haggle about shipping costs

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

A customs number basically IS tracking though, atleast with PRIORITY INTERNATIONAL.

you enter that number at usps.com, a cp47365us type number, and tracking info will show up just as it does with USPS in state DC.
But, the number only proves that the item got to customs - it doesn't show signature on delivery - and that's what Paypal need to prove that the item actually got there.

There's nothing you can do about this. I made a post a while back , about this. Listed some shoes that said New with No Box. The buyer left negative feedback saying he didn't get a box.

a customs number is not tracking, you can only get tracking for international if you get priority or express.

1st off
CONDITION: NDS
eyes.gif
How is a cracked pair anywhere close to being near deadstock?  This term is thrown around WAY too loosely now.

2nd I would be pissed if I was him as well by comparing to those pictures and what he claims he received.  It could be on your part for poor shipping for a cracked pair.  Not securing it correctly.  He can file a claim with PayPal directing that the item isn't as described.  I'm 99% sure it wouldn't effect you though.  I was on both ends of something similar, and Pay Pal refunded me directly after the shoes were shipped to them.  It didn't effect the other party. 

looking at OPs auction, its an easy excuse, but the cracking wording is a bit mixed up in the text of that description. The photos somewhat show it. I would be more clear in the future, if thats at all possible.

I swear some sellers just have one or two very small photos, and a three sentence description not describing much. when you get it its really a toss up as it can be better or worse than described.

The sellers that are as vague and 'stupid' as possible are the same ones that dont seem to get any chargebacks against them. but the ones that have good photos and descriptions, its like a liabilty to be that open about whats being sold.

i dont get that trend at all.

Funny thing is now I just received an e-mail from a buyer saying the same thing as me. I know for a fact I didn't hide anything and he's trying to use it as a cop out because he wanted a refund from the get-go. (There was a whole mess with the shipping, he gave me an old address than demanded for me to give him a refund asap once they were shipped back to me, but instead they forwarded the shoes to his new address and is trying to claim that they're in horrible condition.)

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

He can claim "significantly not as described, get the shoes, and the money" and youre left with nothin'.

i say give out his info and we go to work on this scumbag.

either that or you can go the approach of filing a false claim with the USPS, getting attorneys involved, and lawyers. send that letter to his house and hit him with some of his own medicine

yea man i agree with him.

get back the shoes, return the money. Paypal will probably say for this to happen and once the shoes are returned he would receive the money.

As for the negative, dont sweat it man, in 12 mths it goes away.

Back
Top Bottom