Recommend a digital tablet (whatever it's called where the mouse is like a pen)

Something like this:

intuos3.jpg

I recently went to some of the local electronics stores (Best Buy, Frye's, Apple, etc.) and while the selection of these tablets was decent, they allseemed pretty much the same, aside from price. I imagine that the higher-priced ones are probably better in some functional aspect, but I have no idea how(somewere the same models with same specs just in different colors--and $50 price difference). I know there are lots of people on here that do graphic designprofessionally and leisurely, so I figured this would be one of the better places to find a recommendation.

For the beasts:
Successful recommendations will lead to me posting an additional picture of my gf--as requested many pages back in the Ralph Lauren post.

I gotta bamboo i bought for like 120. kinda small but it does the job.[ll]

The mouse is fairly useless.

there is a difference in the accuracy of the pen (stylus) and the pad, also the size of the actual pad ranges.

they are called digitizing tablets.

Is a bigger pad considered better? I imagine a smaller one would be alright if you just unclick and reclick the pen? Or is the fact that you can't use thesame amount of pressure consistently an issue?

Also, does the harder you press the stylus down create a thicker line?

I saw one that mentioned something about having air-brush effect with stylus--anybody have experience with that?

Any pros/cons of different aspects/products would be appreciated, too.

Pricegrabber has reviews from consumers and they know more than me here is the link just read some of the reviews.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Is a bigger pad considered better? I imagine a smaller one would be alright if you just unclick and reclick the pen? Or is the fact that you can't use the same amount of pressure consistently an issue?

Also, does the harder you press the stylus down create a thicker line?

I saw one that mentioned something about having air-brush effect with stylus--anybody have experience with that?

Any pros/cons of different aspects/products would be appreciated, too.

Dont have the pressure issue to often. It does get thicker if you press it harder. Surprisingly I thought I would need one but I rarely use it. I suck atdrawing...

Alright, that Wacom Intous line (the 3 and the 4) seem to be pretty good--good looking on that video. Definitely the pricier option, but I guess you get whatyou pay for--I'm assuming these things will function fine with a Mac, too?

System Requirements
Note: Also requires color display, powered USB port, CD/DVD drive, and broadband Internet connection to download bundled software.

ahem*pics

Thanks for the quick replies--since this was a relatively simple search, I'll give a moderate reward. May need more help in the future and I know"pics" is the magic word around here.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Thanks for the quick replies--since this was a relatively simple search, I'll give a moderate reward. May need more help in the future and I know "pics" is the magic word around here.
smh.gif
we got cheated NT.

Back
Top Bottom