Recommend an awesome novel.

balloonoboy

Banned
I've read tons but I know there is so much more good literature out there and I'm chomping at the bit to discover such great works.

So please, NT, recommend a novel that is worth it's weight in gold.

I've read tons but I know there is so much more good literature out there and I'm chomping at the bit to discover such great works.

So please, NT, recommend a novel that is worth it's weight in gold.

If you're looking for something relatively small, I'd go for any of  Mario Benedetti's long stories.

If you're into historical novels, "The Bible of Clay" by Julia Navarro is very entertaining.

If you're into dark novel, get your hands on the "Millenium" trilogy by Stieg Larsson or Camilla Lackberg's "The Ice Princess".

If you're into American realism in the 60's and 70's, go for Hunter S. Thompson's "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas".

If you have a lot of time in your hands, go for David Foster Wallace's "Infinite Jest".

If you're looking for something relatively small, I'd go for any of  Mario Benedetti's long stories.

If you're into historical novels, "The Bible of Clay" by Julia Navarro is very entertaining.

If you're into dark novel, get your hands on the "Millenium" trilogy by Stieg Larsson or Camilla Lackberg's "The Ice Princess".

If you're into American realism in the 60's and 70's, go for Hunter S. Thompson's "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas".

If you have a lot of time in your hands, go for David Foster Wallace's "Infinite Jest".

Over 1,000 pages of awesome. Great sequels as well.

shogun_pic.jpg

I just read this book by Roger Smith called Mixed Blood. The characters are very cool; plot involves gangs, murder, and karma. Quick read. 

I just read this book by Roger Smith called Mixed Blood. The characters are very cool; plot involves gangs, murder, and karma. Quick read. 

Originally Posted by NIMFH

I came in here to say this, but then I thought better of it. If you're coming to NT for book suggestions, you probably won't like it. You'll probably prefer some Chuck Pahluniak or Bret Easton Ellis.

I'd recommend basically any Vonnegut book, for something both rewarding and much easier to get into.

Originally Posted by NIMFH

I came in here to say this, but then I thought better of it. If you're coming to NT for book suggestions, you probably won't like it. You'll probably prefer some Chuck Pahluniak or Bret Easton Ellis.

I'd recommend basically any Vonnegut book, for something both rewarding and much easier to get into.

Back
Top Bottom