Recommend me a car.. 4k is the budget

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Late 90's/ early 2000's honda civic or accord

This x one hundred thousand trillion. Only 2 cars I've had are 97 civic and 03 accord. Not a bad thing to say about either of them, seriously. Do yourself a favor.

I used to drive a 02 Civic. Never again. Thing drove so terrible, freshly laid pavement feeling like dirt roads and %*+@.

Really leaning towards the a 2001-2004 civic, 98+ accord...

anybody here whip or have info on VW Golf GTI's??

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

Also recommend taking any used car you're gonna buy to a mechanic for a prepurchase inspection. It's a pain to do but saved me from buying a lemon with serious transmission problems. Worth the peace of mind and will also give you leverage when negotiating the price

This guy speaks the truth, but dont just rely on a mechanic, make sure to get the "CARFAX". I took my lemon to a mechanic and the car was still a piece of crap, couple thousand down the drain.
Id say just find a decent honda accord, corolla, or like a dodge ram1500

Performance over luxury. Remember that and you'll get a great first car.

The EM2 2001-2005 Honda Civic is the slowest honda ever made plus most of them are riced out because that's when RICE was at its highest peak and the d17 is a POS engine might be reliable but extremely slow. The Honda Civic EK IMO looks nicer and the engine is a little better d16y8 and more stuff can be done to it and can be easily swapped to another B series engine. The Honda Civic Ek is one of the most stolen and vandalized vehicles many of my friends have had them stolen from the front of there Driveway. Honestly I wouldn't get any rebuilt tittle or has had been in a any sort of collision. You can get a free vehicle history report on getvin.com or make a listing on ebay of the vehicle and then remove the listing. Reliability wise I recommend Toyota i finded these cars to be amazing i love Toyota my mother owns a 99 Camry V6 with 220,000 miles and that car is perfect Auto transmission is intact and and drives extremely smooth and runs great and when you step on the gas it responds. I own a 2006 Acura TSX (my first car which i bought cash for 10k) and the only reason i settled for the Acura is because the IS250 i wanted was too much money and i did not want to finance.

get one of these OP
thank me later
track11.jpg

the family mechanic bout to hook me up with an accord today, with "high mileage" but.. hes a trustworthy guy i think its tuned up and ready to go... and only 3 g's.. will update later with pics

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I used to drive a 02 Civic. Never again. Thing drove so terrible, freshly laid pavement feeling like dirt roads and %*+@.

Sounds like it had suspension issues, if it was a Jeep id say that was normal.

My recommendation OP? Save up more money. 6k will give you more room to get something decent.

I agree with accord. I have an 03 v6 accord coupe and have never had any problems with it. Bought it with 135,000 and currently has 191,000. Good on gas and has everything I need (leather, sunroof, etc.). I want to upgrade, but don't think I could get much bc of the high miles, so I may drive it til it dies. I just took it in to get serviced a month ago and the guy looked under it and said the car is in great shape and he would drive it to California (from NY) no problem. It's a smooth running car...no complaints

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Not to thread jack but just wondering how reliable is a nissan maxima 02-03 with 115k on it ?
Can't tell a book by it's cover, you got investigate. If its a one owner, properly maintained car, it may be a gem. If its a 10 owner beater, with 3 accidents, its going to be a POS. Take a test drive, a 5 minute test drive will tell you 1,000 things about a car.

To the OP, you gotta find a gem, don't stick your mind on one car. Just keep your eyes open for anything. People are going to tell you different things. I bought a 1988 Camaro IROC-Z (350) for $2,000, with 128,000 miles. It was owned by some old dude and nobody in my area wanted it. I was worried a bit about the miles, but he had a maintenance book so thick it must of been 10lbs. Turned out to be one of the best $$$ I've ever spent. Wasn't a chick magnetic, but man that was one fun car to drive. I went all the way to 180,000 before it finally started the signs of fatigue and I had to sell it.

I know it's not the prettiest car ever, but check out late 80s/early 90s 5.0 Mustangs. You can probably find one locally with under 80k miles in good shape for >$4k. If you prefer to go JDM, you already listed what I would recommend. The 240sx is a great platform with endless options and aftermarket parts and resources. Check out early Integras and Preludes as well. That said, you can't go wrong with an Accord, Civic, or Corolla (AE86
smokin.gif
) either.

Back
Top Bottom