Recommend me some books, foos!

Originally Posted by solefob

the kite runner.

Amazing book
pimp.gif
For asian-american authors, check out maxine hongkingston's tripmaster monkey

Anything Wilbur Smith, hes an amazing author, and African which I suppose may be a great part of why I enjoy his writing

Enders Game, 1984 (for hidden messages as much as the obvious plot) Siddhartha is good too

anyone know any books that keep you interested i seem to get bored with all these autobiography books..

Murkn3m: May i recommend you:

"Pimp" by iceberg slim
"Soul on ice" Eldridge Cleaver
"Monster" Monster Cody Scott -If you cant make it through this with out loosing interest I have no clue what will.

Swoosh, after checking Amazon for Monster there were like 3 different titles. Which one is the book you said about?

To add to the (auto)biographies:
Room Full of Mirrors (Jimi Hendrix) - Charles Cross
A Long Way Gone - Ishmael Beah

ALWG is by far the best book I've ever read. It's a memoir of a kid who grew up through the Sierra Leone civil war. Dude went through everything youcan think of. The way Beah told his story is great. And it really gets you feeling like you're right next to him throughout his story. You NEED to readthis sometime in your life.

Originally Posted by 18key

Swoosh, after checking Amazon for Monster there were like 3 different titles. Which one is the book you said about?

To add to the (auto)biographies:
Room Full of Mirrors (Jimi Hendrix) - Charles Cross
A Long Way Gone - Ishmael Beah

ALWG is by far the best book I've ever read. It's a memoir of a kid who grew up through the Sierra Leone civil war. Dude went through everything you can think of. The way Beah told his story is great. And it really gets you feeling like you're right next to him throughout his story. You NEED to read this sometime in your life.

http://photobucket.com
Here is an interview. gives you a good taste of the book.

--Just finished a book called CHASING THE DEAD. Horror story. Highly recommended. I can see it becoming a movie.

Originally Posted by TheRoyalAirness27

catcher.jpg

He said a book, this is a paperweight. -The Alchemist -Gumbo: A Celebration of African American Writing. (some really good short stories). -The hatchet.-Monster. -Thieves Paradise( Eric Jerome Dicky)

Back
Top Bottom