Recommend Some Good Whiskey...

Originally Posted by VeryAnalytical85

Laphroaig (10 
pimp.gif
, always wanted to try 18 and above 
frown.gif
)
Yessir. My favorite.

That blue label is the truth. I want to cop a bottle of blue and save it for a dedicate or two...

Friend said he had some high quality whiskey that had been aged for like 80 years... said he would give his left nut to have a fifth of it.

Like a majority of the replies so far, Jamison and Maker's Mark are my reasonably priced Go-To's. I do find Jamison a bit more refined though

Jameson is really good. Especially if you're having a whiskey sour

431px-Johnnie_Walker_Black_Label.jpg

Johnnie Walker Black is really good too. Just add a couple ice cubes and you're good. Reasonably price as well.

I'm not crazy about Irish or Scotch, but I love bourbon.  For OP and all the folks talking about Makers, I'd recommend trying new things within that price range ($25-$35).  I think Makers is everywhere, and it's good, but not the best I've had in that price range.   

At the moment, my favorite in that range is Elijah Craig 12 year.  I'm far from a pro, but I think it's got a great taste overall and a nice cinnamon-y spice.  

Elijah-Craig-12yo.jpg

Still, I keep trying new stuff.  Most recently, I bought Kentucky Vintage - sounds very generic, but is pretty good. Maybe a bit too sweet for some, but very smooth at the price point.

kentucky-vintage.jpg

I have no earthly clue how crown royal hasn't been mentioned.

So many drinks taste the same to me tho.

just recently started drinking Jameson.. now it's my preferred drink by default when going out.

this thread is highly appreciated. will be giving these other brands a try.

markers mark and jack daniels is disgusting

go with any macallan's and highland park 18 is pretty good too

I've tried (ri)1 by jim bean recently and it's not too bad for it's price

I have Blue, but don't drink it regularly. I go through maybe a bottle a year.

Macallan 18 is real nice but not cheap. Macallan 12 isn't too bad and is more than good enough for a regular everyday drink.

Anyone go to Whiskey Fest? I wasn't able to go this year, but plan to next year.

Brought a bottle to dinner, didnt want to be cheap, but didn't want to break the bank either...

...went with J. Walker Red Label - smooth.

And even smoother mixed with warm apple cider...

Back
Top Bottom