Red Bull Arena in NJ grand opening Vol. SICK!

Also I believe Kansas City is getting a new stadium and Houston is pretty close to finalizing their deal. With Portland and Vancouver coming into the league next year that'll be 18 teams in MLS. Not bad.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Also I believe Kansas City is getting a new stadium and Houston is pretty close to finalizing their deal. With Portland and Vancouver coming into the league next year that'll be 18 teams in MLS. Not bad.

Wow, and here I thought the MLS was on the verge of tanking. 

FC Dallas has Pizza Hut Park, its not bad, just not as good as some of the other posted.

pizzahutparkfieldsaeriaqxwmy.jpg

Originally Posted by socluis90

wizards-stadium.jpg

Yeah, Portland is working on converting PGE Park, which houses AAA Baseball, Soccer and College Football, into a soccer specific venue. It has a horrid setup for Soccer currently and is going to be converted mainly over the summer. The plans for it sound nice and I would post some of the concept pictures but they are pretty horrible representations.

07franchise.2.650.jpg

dscn4269.jpg

As you can see, it currently has a horrible setup with stands on on the west and north ends with nothing happening in the wasted outfield area. They are supposedly going to make it like a European stadium and have stands on all four sides, but we will see how it turns out.

MLS is definitely expanding now and picking up good soccer markets. I am not the biggest fan but people here in the NW (Portland, Seattle and Vancouver) absolutely love that stuff.

damn from the outside it looks like a mediocre stadium..but inside looks good. that vid was dope.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Wow, didn't know NY/NJ loved their soccer that much! It's a really nice Stadium.

When you think about it, this area has the most diverse set of people, perhaps in the nation.
A LOT of foreigners that love soccer will get out there to watch a live game.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Wow, didn't know NY/NJ loved their soccer that much! It's a really nice Stadium.

When you think about it, this area has the most diverse set of people, perhaps in the nation.
A LOT of foreigners that love soccer will get out there to watch a live game.

would you say thats the perfect location?

What do y'all think about the format of MLS? Perhaps they should consider having all 18 teams in the future in 1 division and each team playing 34-matches total.

Anyways I think that the league has done a good job of marketing themselves and expanding into good markets. My only beef is the quality of the play...it's still not very good at all.

They most definitely built it in the perfect location. A large number of the fanbase lives in that area (Harrison, East Newark, Ironbound Newark, Kearny). It'll definitely be rockin every game

Back
Top Bottom