Reebok Kamikaze I Retro

I would only wear a colorway like this for basketball / Gym use.

Thing is I've also seen people wear these with regular outfits.

Got a pair of the white/black/green , on deep discount , from an online retailer yesterday.

I could swear, the midsole paint and the upper are both starting to discolor a little.

Is this common, or did the retailer store them improperly?

They were cheap, so i suppose i shouldn't complain too much...but wondering what caused it.

I can only see it happen if they were a display pair or the warehouse was too humid or hot, all of my 10 pairs of Kamikaze l are in a perfect condition. 

I can only see it happen if they were a display pair or the warehouse was too humid or hot, all of my 10 pairs of Kamikaze l are in a perfect condition. 
There's a small patch of dirt at the top of one of the collars too.

I think there's definitely something 'up' with them, so for other people's reference, they came from Sneakersnstuff.

The colorful print you guys dislike looks to be canvas...that means you'll be able to dye it black and almost create a wht/black colorway! 
Way better in white/black, makes me almost want to get the 90's colorway and dye them like that. 

Rebecca Lobo (center) She had her own sig with Reebok
Yep, you know whats up! 
smile.gif

LOBO TO ENDORSE REEBOK PRODUCTS IN MULTIYEAR DEAL
http://articles.courant.com/1995-04...bok-international-female-high-school-athletes
[h1]  [/h1]

Are we ever going to see, some other OG colorways of the amazing Reebok Kamikaze 1 model? like the one seen in this pic, that's next to the OG colorway that Shawn Kemp wore!

It still boggles my mind, how these companies decide to skip the OG colorways, but have the audacity to make a bunch of new colorways. These moronic moves will always have me scratching my head and asking why?

We will never see another one my friend, I am happy that was able to double and triple of all colorways a few years back. The Kamikaze l is my all time favorite shoe, ever! I never thought I would live to see a retro, so I was mega excited when they decided to retro them. Yeah, they skipped on a lot of colorways and on all low versions, but oh well, at least I got most of them. Because I am sure we will never see it again. 

Last edited:
@trentbg  I'm also happy for you, but you also have to remember that there's other Reebok fans out there like myself, who also deserve to have a chance to obtain these OG colorways cause we also grew up rocking the brand. If the company still exist, I still have hope, that something could happen, maybe not right now, but maybe in the future. You never know, with these companies cause like you said you never thought of ever seeing the Kamikaze 1 in retro form. So who knows, there's still a possibility of seeing some other OG colorways.

Looking back at this retro, it was quite disappointing. They didn't retro the Sonics colourway correctly (lack of green toe cap) and the overall build quality of the shoe was very cheap. I had purchased 2 pairs but I never wore them and ended up selling them as I'm downsizing my sneaker 'collection'. Kamikaze I is a shoe I vividly remember but the retro just lacked in substance and was not worth keeping.

c flyness c flyness Reebok waited too long to retro their 90s catalog and sadly most of these shoes are forgotten. Those of us who do remember them are in our 30s and we're wiser with our money.

I understand that Reebok management is taking a crap-shoot with their retros as there is no telling what type of success they'll have, so they make 'em really cheap. The problem with this is that you end up alienating your die hard (and older) customer base and you have a mediocre retro that doesn't resonate with the new generation. The retros end up in a sneaker purgatory and management ends up not retroing anything else.

@vood99  I agree with what your saying, you always make a lot of sense from the business aspect. I know you have a lot of knowledge in that field. I'm just talking from a fan perspective that's all. A sneaker fan, who just wants to see all these kicks get the retro treatment cause in my opinion it was the best era of kicks, nothing compares to it. I know things are really messed up nowadays and actually having all this maybe become a reality in a near future, like seeing these OG colorways or models come out seems just like a dream that will never happen, but I still have some hope for a positive change that maybe one day it will actually happen.  

If they would of retro their stuff in the early 2000s. I think Reebok wouldn't be struggling like this. The same goes for FILA, these two companies should of started in those times and I know the outcome would of been different. I remember going to the stores and all I would see was just Nike and Adidas. I didn't see Reebok or FILA, so I was stuck with rocking the Classic Nike Air Force 1, Nike SB Dunk & the Adidas Pro Model. I was able to buy me this nice FILA button up shirt, but that was the only FILA thing that miraculously was in that store at the mall. I think I did see the FILA Cage also at the mall. I was gonna get them, but the sizing was weird at the time. I tried a 10.5 it fit really tight, then I tried a size 11 it felt loose. So I ended up not getting them this was in 2005. Then after that, I really didn't see no FILA kicks in any stores no more. 

^^^
Agreed 1000% with you my bro. I've said repeatedly that Reebok, FILA, etc. waited far too long to retro some of their 80s & 90s catalog. Should've done it around '08-'09 and not '12, when Nike/JB started oversaturating the market and things essentially peaked.

With Kamikaze I though, since they've already spent the money on retooling the factory. I don't see why they can't give us a higher quality retro in moderate quantities. Actually use some full grain leather and Nubuck vs. trash plastic leather and that synthetic Durabuck.

^^^
Agreed 1000% with you my bro. I've said repeatedly that Reebok, FILA, etc. waited far too long to retro some of their 80s & 90s catalog. Should've done it around '08-'09 and not '12, when Nike/JB started oversaturating the market and things essentially peaked.

With Kamikaze I though, since they've already spent the money on retooling the factory. I don't see why they can't give us a higher quality retro in moderate quantities. Actually use some full grain leather and Nubuck vs. trash plastic leather and that synthetic Durabuck.
I kind of left out that the only Reebok kicks that you would see in the early 2000s was those Reebok 50 Cent and Jay Z kicks lol, but it would never compare to the stuff from the 80s and 90s. That's why I forgot about their kicks, they just looked it too bland. Those classic bold and in your face type of designs was and will always be dope to me. So if I was Reebok at that time, when they had 50 Cent and Jay Z. I would of also giving the green light, on a lot of models from the 80s and 90s and just keep on going with that same business pattern and I really believe if that would of happened. I really doubt Reebok would be in this predicament that they are in right now.

Back
Top Bottom