Reflection Eternal vol. Revolutions Per Minute

Listened to the album this morning and it is average to me.  The production was actually a bit of a let down and I could have done without a few clearly forced tracks. 

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Listened to the album this morning and it is average to me.  The production was actually a bit of a let down and I could have done without a few clearly forced tracks. 

Word. I hate to agree because I was looking forward to something similar to Train of Thought. Dont get me wrong its NOT BAD, but none of the hi-tek beats jumped out at me or gave me goosebumps the way so many did on Train of Thought.

I'ts been on repeat all day, so its a cool album to vibe to.

Get Loose
smokin.gif

Strangers
smokin.gif
(the horns!)

^Yeah honestly the best beats were tracks I already heard "Just Begun" and Strangers also two of the best songs on the album. Ballad of the Black Gold is a damn good song too. Album could have been much stronger minust about five tracks I give it a 3.25/5 rating.

one of... if not the worst talib kweli albums.  im a huge talib fan but this album sucks.  maybe 2 or 3 tracks worth listening to again.  

Man I ain't listen to it yet but i'm disappointed I'm hearing all these mixed reviews...

Thanks for the heads up on this.Based on the reviews in here this album will not be copped.

Originally Posted by Damu

so disappointed
frown.gif
i had high expectations and it fell short
smh.gif

So true. I really thought it would be better than this effort from these two....

Album is ok. Some solid tracks that have that same feel as the old album but then some really out of the blue type stuff like the one with Estelle. It was going to be hard to beat their freshmen album. I think when Reflection Eternal came out, it had a nice soulful feel to it. Not sure the direction of this album and I am seeing Hi-Teks limited beat creativity. His loops can feel really annoying after a while.

I gotta get this album!! been tryin to get some things str8, might go cop it tomorrow, all the tracks I've heard so far are dope, except midnight hour... it was eh

Back
Top Bottom