Relocation from Dallas, TX to the Bay Area

I posted this in the regional section and didn't get a reply.

What’s up NT fam, I thinking about relocating to the Bay Area, little background on me. I lived in Dallas, Tx my whole life a have a 8 month old baby boy and a great wife. I am the business office manager for a cancer center in Dallas I started searching Monster.com and other employment websites around two month ago last week I found a job in Los Gatos, CA as a office manager for a cancer center there. I would like to get some feedback from people that are there now what’s the life style,  what kind of things should I worry about moving out to the west coast? I don’t have family or any friends there so we will be starting from scratch, if I do get the job we would like to have a place to stay before moving I have to give 30 days’ notice to my employer before I could leave ( I want them to pay my PTO and other benefits) so that gives me time to search for something I don’t want to move to a crime ridden area or a very bad neighborhood. What cities around Los Gatos are affordable? I looked los Gatos and saw that house are priced in the millions so that is out as an option. Also to anyone that has relocated from one state to another what challenges did you face that you didn’t expect.

everything in the bay is gonna be expensive (housing wise)

los gatos is real close to san jose so you might want to look around there.

other than that, welcome
pimp.gif

From what I hear, the cost of living in Texas is WAAAAAAAY cheaper than the cost of living out here in the Bay. But it is pretty much one of the top metropolitan area's in the States...

With that said, I'd imagine it to be a very different life style for you and your new family. Everything here is thrived off of it's diversity in culture, with each city by the bay being very different from it's neighbors (SF, Oakland, San Jose, Sausalito, Half Moon Bay, Palo Alto, Santa Cruz). The great thing about it, is there is something for everyone here.

If you are looking into buying a house, there are cities outside of the Los Gatos area as well that may be a bit cheaper depending on the Area. I'm sure you don't want to move into a hood, but some parts of San Jose are nice and can be affordable. Some parts of Fremont are nice and not too far away from Los Gatos and can be affordable. Milpitas, Mountain View, and Cupertino are also within the area. I'm not saying that they'll be a whole lot cheaper, but these are pretty nice area's that are not to far from Los Gatos and hopefully you can find something within your price range.

Good Luck!
4806650742_db0811a4f7_b.jpg

sausalito-view.jpg
san_francisco_marin_view.jpg

pimp.gif

its gonna be way more expensive (cost of living) than texas, but dont go to niners games wearing a cowboys jersey, los gatos is a pricey area, u most likely will have to commute but cali is pretty much chill, as long as ur not livin in the hood. look into the places that beatjunkie5 mentioned above.

congrats on the move and welcome to CA.

Living on the south (TX, MS, LA, GA, and every other state in the south is garbage...with the exception of Florida)
sick.gif

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

Living on the south (TX [unless it's Houston or surrounding Houston areas], MS, LA, GA, and every other state in the south is garbage...with the exception of Florida)
sick.gif
Fixed

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Living on the south (TX [unless it's Houston or surrounding Houston areas], MS, LA, GA, and every other state in the south is garbage...with the exception of Florida)
sick.gif
Fixed

Dfw > Houston

Originally Posted by nicky barnes

sick.gif
Fixed

Dfw > Houston

tumblr_lm74bsa9Al1qfnz1r.gif

Thanks for the replys guys, I'm not sure if buying a house right away is my best option I would like to rent an apartment or a house before and looking for the best place to rise my son. I will start looking in the areas you suggested BeatJunkie5.

Originally Posted by nicky barnes

sick.gif
Fixed

Dfw > Houston

Jl57L.gif

hella expensive. Not just rent either, everything costs more here, even orange juice

Back
Top Bottom