Relocation Question: ATL or Bay Area?

I got a decision to make as far as relocating to a new state, and have narrowed it down to 2 places, the A and the Bay. I like the culture of SF andsurrounding areas, but the cost of living is kinda steep.

I have a job I can transfer to in Alpharetta, GA, but Waka Flocka Flame makes the whole state of Georgia seem kinda unappealing.

The question for NTers who have been in both areas is which one would you pick?

Thanks for your assistance, and possible
indifferent.gif
in advance.

I'm lookin to move to ATL myself next yr. City is
pimp.gif
imo. Alphretta is a decent area from what I've heard, north of downtown I think. What I wouldsuggest is draw up a pro and cons chart for both cities/areas and a budget chart and make a decision based off them

If money is no option it is no contest, Bay Area is top 5 in the country to live IMO. I have lived alot of places, but this is by far the best.

ATL is just like any other major city, it has its pros and cons, but the women in Atlanta
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Downtown_Atlanta.JPG

Originally Posted by StuntHard

I have a job I can transfer to in Alpharetta, GA,
Go to Atlanta, having a steady job is something hundreds of thousands of people with they had right now

If money was not an option i would go out west honestly.

The ATL chicks is bad but aint nothing topping being out west and the bay area at that
pimp.gif

I'd go with the Bay Area. I grew up in Oakland but have a lot of family in Atlanta and I've been there a handful of times. Both are great places tolive, but the reality is there's no better place in America to live than the immediate SF Bay Area or immediate East Bay.

If you raise your kids in the Bay, you'll be doing them a huge favor.

I live in the A and living here is hella affordable unlike the Bay. Plus there are more women here

I've lived in a city outside of Atlanta (Woodstock)

and am living in a city right outside of SF (Pacifica).

There is no contest IMO...Bay Area.

took dathbgboy's advice and made a pro/con list

pros of the Bay:

beach
my kinda females (the brown-mixed-with-everything variety), diversity in general
forward thinking, progressive culture
perfect climate
top-notch public transportation
top notch dope
san diego and LA are nearby
IN-N-OUT BURGER IS THAT PURE PIFFERY
JAMBA JUICE IS THAT PURE PIFFERY

cons of the Bay:

cost of living
super high gas prices above national avg.
people say "hella" too much
i don't have a job transfer waiting for me there

pros of ATL:

i got a few homies living there already
i have a job waiting for me there already
the ratio of women to (straight) men makes it easy for me to smash quality
close to home
cost of living is affordable

cons of ATL:

waka flocka flame
i get tired of the south in general, sick of hearing shawty
less diversity than the bay
no beach
public transit is subpar, traffic is redic, nonstop road construction
cold winters, hot summers

that's all i got, i have spent more time in the bay than i have in atlanta, so i may be somewhat uninformed, but i will stand corrected if necessary.

Unless you're confident that you can find a job once you're in the Bay, I'd probably just go to ATL. Job security is priceless. Also if you moveout to the Bay, you're not gonna leave. If you move to Atlanta now and keep it pushin there for five or ten years then move to the Bay once you'resettled, you'll have had some different life experiences.

I was born in Brooklyn NY.

I mainly grew up in Cleveland.

I live in San Francisco now....

next to NY, San Francisco is the truth.

Move to Bay. Little things like high gas prices you get used to. I dont know how ATL is on diversity but the bay has it down. You'll find people from allover the world here. All different kinds of fine females. Its hella chill... best
pimp.gif

La and San Diego are like 6-9 hours away like you said. Completely different but its
pimp.gif
in its own way. Want to go snowboarding? 3-4 hours away. We haveeverything here.

Wouldnt want to live anywhere else.

Originally Posted by maxb7ty

Unless you're confident that you can find a job once you're in the Bay, I'd probably just go to ATL. Job security is priceless. Also if you move out to the Bay, you're not gonna leave. If you move to Atlanta now and keep it pushin there for five or ten years then move to the Bay once you're settled, you'll have had some different life experiences.

that's real, cause right now, i'm 24, not ballin', just took some significant L's in the game and lost alot of loot and damn near lost my life,and looking to get my life back on track the right way.

i used to live in Monterey Bay, and just being out there is like a permanent vacation, paying vacation money. i didn't want to leave, but i had to to getmy money back right.

i'd do better in the Bay if i had been to grad school with a few more credentials. in the situation i'm in, ATL seems like a more plausible option,even though i would rather be in the Bay area all day.

and it sounds like alot of you that say the Bay Area still live with your parents, or are in college with no real life bills at the moment.

life security is my top priority, and ATL has the Bay beat in the job category. it's hard as hell to find a decent paying job in the bay right now, andthats my main concern.

Back
Top Bottom