Remastered Program So Far. What next?

I know the focus will be on the leather, but imma need the high mudguard and thick padding. I’d also prefer sturdy leather. They need to be tanks like the OGs

Posted this in the 11s thread, but I’ll post it here too. Another NTer also spoke on this. Here’s some clarity on Gentry and his unexpected return to JB.

Now, Gentry in an overseeing role. He’s not designing, but he does guide releases. Also, the current team isn’t a big fan of him. This is due to the fact that he is still mostly the same guy as he was when he left in late 2010/early 2011. However, he still has bosses, so he won’t get to do whatever he wants. Idk about the future of the NRG team either, most of them left last year. Many like Frank Cooker cite a non progressive career environment as the reason. JB’s whole upper management was shifted around and fired last year for a variety of things including harassment scandals. That’s why he was brought back on in the first place. He does not approve of most of the remastered program, and he didn’t like the quantity of OG 1s or 1s period dropping, but he hasn’t the final say. Things are still likely to change with him back, even though some things may remain the same.

Before anyone asks, I was told this from someone who does in fact work for and with JB. This person was on a the remaster pitch team, and helped us get so many dope 1s. They told me that JB team has been has been shambles for a while.

Posted this in the 11s thread, but I’ll post it here too. Another NTer also spoke on this. Here’s some clarity on Gentry and his unexpected return to JB.

Now, Gentry in an overseeing role. He’s not designing, but he does guide releases. Also, the current team isn’t a big fan of him. This is due to the fact that he is still mostly the same guy as he was when he left in late 2010/early 2011. However, he still has bosses, so he won’t get to do whatever he wants. Idk about the future of the NRG team either, most of them left last year. Many like Frank Cooker cite a non progressive career environment as the reason. JB’s whole upper management was shifted around and fired last year for a variety of things including harassment scandals. That’s why he was brought back on in the first place. He does not approve of most of the remastered program, and he didn’t like the quantity of OG 1s or 1s period dropping, but he hasn’t the final say. Things are still likely to change with him back, even though some things may remain the same.

Before anyone asks, I was told this from someone who does in fact work for and with JB. This person was on a the remaster pitch team, and helped us get so many dope 1s. They told me that JB team has been has been shambles for a while.
sounds like i need to take a 4 hr road trip soon to drop off an application lol

I'm coming for you, G$

or just what they need

If you ever get that gig and see anything like this come across your table. Fired that person on sight
upload_2019-2-23_15-8-22.jpeg

You’ll be terrible candidate for the gig.

Exactly.

It’s like finding a pair Louis Vuitton sneakers at Ross or Marshall’s.
I’m not, and what I said is true. Every brand has their hot sellers and hype, then their product for the mall and department store dwellers. That’s what a lot of the mid/high(not high OG) 1s and the other models like the one you posted are for. Their price is much lower than the standard retro, and they get marked down below $100. These are for casual shoppers who want a cheap shoe with a Jumpman. These types of shoes account for a decent portion of Jordans revenue. Jordan Brand isn’t just a retro, and signature model brand, and hasnt been since they expanded their product in the late 90s. Nike has been doing this for years, adidas too. Ralph Lauren, and many other brands too.

tonytobacco and rainking: So today we have the concept art for the Air Jordan 3 Fire Red retro. We got a few Pantones for the red and the grey that almost close match the 88 from the dna lab, we got some nice tumbled genuine and synthetic leather swatches, and new sketches for a new 3 mold to be sent to factories. All we need is your approval so we can get a trial sample made.

Gentry: Get the F*** out.

tonytobacco and rainking: So today we have the concept art for the Air Jordan 3 Fire Red retro. We got a few Pantones for the red and the grey that almost close match the 88 from the dna lab, we got some nice tumbled genuine and synthetic leather swatches, and new sketches for a new 3 mold to be sent to factories. All we need is your approval so we can get a trial sample made.

:lol:

:lol:
We’re replacing him, not reporting to him. We refused their first official offer that was going to keep Gentry in the building.

Gotta give the folks who were doing the remaster from 2015-2018 credit. They dropped over 50 retros dedicated to OG releases, OG samples/PEs in such a short time. Most had nice materials, branding and colors close to the OG spanning from 1-20.

Gentry retrod only 59 from the 99-2010 stretch and included models 1-15. Most were with bad materials, jumpman branding, only 2 of the 11 OG 1 colorways had proper branding, and a lot had completely different takes on their OGs. Many first and second time retros were drastically different like the White Red 12, Metallic 1s, UNC 1, Grey Toe 13, and the 2 of the 3 Infrared 6 retros of his.

All of this is probably why we have no idea of whats releasing this year

And this all comes back to my post about Mike not taking this seriously enough. The top brand should have the top people, tf is going on over there?

Purdy please

Attachments

• F13F67E9-9895-4E51-8AEF-951CE5E25886.png
    F13F67E9-9895-4E51-8AEF-951CE5E25886.png
    673.9 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom