Remeber when...

Originally Posted by oakcliff2345

^^ prove right there the hype gets to people and mess up the game for real collectors

you still posting? Bottom line, the shoe game changed. Thank the Concords and the OG Air Yeezys. 

Originally Posted by sanchez23

Originally Posted by jayem

Those days are gone, that's why you make connect(s).

When I say connect(s), I mean a legit one that won't charge you an arm/a leg.

I'ved had connects that we're legit for a couple years, then they started to bite into the hype! All of a sudden they became collectors, or began to sell the shoes at rape prices....
The truth.

City sports Dave......I'm looking at you man. You lost ALL of my business. You paid for that new merc with my jordan money alone

Hahaha good one bro, only broke people wear the fake pairs
roll.gif

what the hell is this. People BEEN lining for retro j's since the early 2000's the earliest I can remember.

The thing I dont understand is why Nike doesn't just do 1 or 2 planned restocks for their most hyped shoes. By doing this they would make more money, hurt the resellers profit margins b/c there's a lot more pairs available, & reduce violence & crazy campouts. You can't tell me that they can't do a great job at predicting what shoes will sell out instantly especially kicks like Foams & XIs whixh always sell out. The demand will still be there. Is there something i'm missing??

i dont think more people are getting into kicks

i think people have always been into jordans and always wanted them growing up

and most young adults from 18 and up can buy them on there own

we are just in the future now

it is what it is

If you really want a shoe bro, you do the same thing we did when all this hype started building. For me it was around the time the CG XIs dropped in limited quantities in our city...

You start rapping with your local shoe slanger. Don't go in the day before and be one of those dudes... Start making regular appearances. Buy some tees, cop a pair of shoes if you like something. BUY AN INSOLE AND SOME SHOE CLEANER.

When the time comes, dude or chick will remember you... And more often than not take care of you, if you ask nicely about what you need to do to make sure you secure your pair on release day.

Heed these words or don't, doesn't matter to me b/c I'm good.

Basically when you save up $ (retail) for new releases make sure you save up an additional $50-$100. Im starting to convince myself retail doesnt mean 175-180 no more but it means $220-$300. Im not camping for any shoe.

It doesnt make any sense why they wouldn't produce more pairs? If its going to sell out anyway...now they made more money PLUS everyone has a pair now. It'd be a win/win....

you need to just get over it, if you don't want to deal with the bs then just get some cp3's or something

Better yet, why not just have an open "preorder". JB announces they're retroing such and such. They take open orders until a certain date and you pay on the spot. They manufacture them and ship them out.

Boom, they don't have to worry about them not selling (lol, like it matters) and resellers have to find a new way to make a buck!

yall need to get over this crying about how it used to be. just be glad you were around before the hype got started...

remember when you were first going into the game. you were all excited about the releases. Stop hating on newcomers who aren't adults they just want to get some shoes and let them be. Yeah there will be alot more people in line but that means more people want to start collecting. Idk why everyone blames teenagers for all these crazy releases its ridiculous and no im not a teenager.

As a OG sneakerhead myself it doesnt bother me because I have been in the game so long I dont have to wait in line. But ya it does suck for the older OG heads with families only to have so new hypebeast gobble everything up trying to make a profit. Perfect example I see on Craigslist Jordan XII playoffs for $375. And I know its a new hypebeast because a new collector isnt going to word it saying more pics available upon request,come on man they are DS everybody knows what they look like aint nobody need additional pics or for that matter no OG head is going to ask $375 for Playoff 12s

Back
Top Bottom