Remember when this Air Jordan ____ dropped? (Check page 1 weekly..)

Originally Posted by flappy188

i was in fourth grade, (im now 30) and it sat on shelfs for months and months and months, nobody liked them and they all ended up in outlets.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers how the original release of these nobody cared about. I was in high school at the time and every time we went to the mall they would just be sitting there at Footlocker. They sat on the shelves so long they turned yellow. But now they're one of the holy grails of shoes. I never understood it.

The grapes are up there for me, but I love most so i could never pick a favorite... And i went to detroit later in the day of the Space Jam release and was talking to one of the guys working at Finishline who told me about some guy getting shot nearby for his pair, crazy. Stuff like that happens a lot more out there then I would imagine.

opted to go to the last home Yankee Game the night before.. slept in late woke up at 930. ran to Bay Plaza and came out empty handed.. Jimmy Jazz sold like all 7 of their pairs to one guy.

I missed out on these on release date. As I remember it, I knew these were coming out...but I wasn't aware of how packed the malls were in the 757 so I ended up going too late in the morning and missed out.
frown.gif

....a few months later, I copped a ds pair off of kixclusive.com and still own them to this day. I haven't worn them since 2007 though...ironically.
laugh.gif
....I think I've only worn them twice...didn't care fo the quality though.....

these was a LS so they was limited i just called my brother up who runs a footaction in duval just told him to cop my pair and look out for my co worker......me and my co worker drove outta town to scoop them up

we thought we was on top of the world cause this release was crazy and we just easily copped limited Jordans like it was nothing

man i wish JB would go back to the '01-'05 era

I remember seeing MJ wearing these on a Wheaties box back in the day. The originals sat forever, I think cuz they weren't Bulls colors. Never bought the hype when the retros came out.

I remember that Wheaties box^^
pimp.gif
 Seeing that brings me back, You better eat your Wheaties
laugh.gif

V's are my all time fave, always dug em. When these released as an LS in 2006, I tried to cop off eastbay and they were gone in seconds. I tried calling and going through their site (which locked up) but never got close. I'd like to obtain an pair of these to go with the rest of my V collection. Don't think I would have worn these as a kid but I'd rock the s*** out of them now.

FYI, saw that UTA released the Black/Metallic as a limited time offer.

These and the DMP's caused major problems in the DMV.

I can remember cats coming from PA, NYC, and NC to try and get these.

Came up empty on RD, because my connect so they told me, but I forgot to get back to them.

But I grabbed a DS pair from a fellow Nter last year for damn near retail.....

yeah it was about 2 years ago...i remember it like it was yesterday. copped mine while i was still in college. aye!

Originally Posted by jc619er

Originally Posted by flappy188

i was in fourth grade, (im now 30) and it sat on shelfs for months and months and months, nobody liked them and they all ended up in outlets.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers how the original release of these nobody cared about. I was in high school at the time and every time we went to the mall they would just be sitting there at Footlocker. They sat on the shelves so long they turned yellow. But now they're one of the holy grails of shoes. I never understood it.
i remember the og release i think i was about 10 th grade i had bought the fire red's(3m tounge) a month or two before, it was the last pair they had but it was a half size too small but i loved them so i bought them. once i tried them on i decided to try to get a bigger size every store around was sold out of my size so i went to this store in indy called galyans (they eventuley sold out to d@#k's)they told me i could exchange for the new colorway and it was purple and white when they released (back then they weren't picky about receipts good thing because i didn't buy the fire reds from them in the first place) so on release day my gramp's took me to exchange them
tongue.gif
. as for the retros eastbay locked up local stores sold to freinds i had to pay over retail on ebay
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

I missed out on them at realesed date bought some online a year later for $180 than about a year ago a few months after the carmines came out i wanted a pair really bad so i traded my grapes which were DS and icey for some carmines in same condition after a few months I started to regret it so hunted down a pair the only downside is that theyre 10.5 i wear a 10 ....anyone interested in trading some DS pair of grapes sz 10 for my 10.5 hit me up!!!

the morning these released there were only a few spots here in indianapolis that received em, me and my bro called every single one of them, to no avail. smh

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I take it you're referring to the retro.

Me and my boys were in school and decided we'd go to Pittsburgh for the release at Sneaker Villa. We leave Morgantown around 3 and get to pittsburgh a little after 4. When we get there, we hassle the workers about size availability, exact time of release, and if there had been getting a lot of call volume for them or not. So after we leave their store we just chill around Pitt, going to different stores and what not. My boy gets his car out of the parking garage and parks it right in front of SV, so we can bounce immediately after we get our kicks (we'd been to pitt previously for the DMP release and knew how pitt dudes were).

About an hour before the release mad heads roll in the store and just chill there until the release. One such cat tells me he won't have any problems and if he does he knows what to do. He proceeds to brandish a gun he has in his pocket. I didn't know it was that serious, damn. Anywho, the time for the release finally rolls around, which was about 10pm, if I'm not mistaken. The employees had guaranteed me they had enough of my size 13 to go around, but when I get to the register, the biggest is a 12. Mind you, the few people in front of me all got smaller sizes, so I know some shadiness was going on. Ended up getting the 12 instead. My boy got his 12 as well, while my other boy was left out in the dry on his 14 (they didn't even get the size).

It was a good night. Well worth it.

eek.gif

That's crazy.. I would of let him stand in front of me in line, just in case..
laugh.gif

eek.gif
 what people do for kicks...

I remember a couple of people kickin in the glass doors and windows then all hell broke loose.

I never owned a pair grapes , not really into jordan v. I buy wat i like unlike a lotta hypebeast. I also wear mine but to each his own.

Lol....2006...I had planned the whole year out (kix-wise) to optimize this release for the best result.... and I %*$$%** woke up late. 8am when I suppose to be at Arden Fair Mall @ 2am. Called my bois and they already camped out....but came away with NO PAIRS...were told only 25 pairs for about 200+ people. Nike.com? yeah right. Eastbay? Reps were laughing at me before I could finish the word Grape (Grapes...=dial tone) I was so heated that I missed out on these shoes for retail when I planned so well. This is where NT marketplace shined on me for a DS pair for $175 in 11.5...this is when I decided to stop lurking for what had been since 2003 and really be a member of the best message board on the net for all things Nike and Jordan. Thank you NT.

Back
Top Bottom