Remembering 9/11 ----- 22 Years Later

I posted here when this thread came out and still a day that will stand out in my life especially since it was my 2nd year living in NYC. I remember getting voice messages from people who I hadnt spoken to in years and found my cell# thru other friends.

Helped out a few weeks after but my one friend got to go in Ground Zero and she said the stench was so bad and just seeing the destruction that was caused.

2a83d36e.png

e59cff9129ba048f3057af05ca16d229.700x356x25.gif

Blueprint and Ghetto Fabolous dropped on September 11th.

I remember the principal coming into my 9th grade class like "Yall gotta go home ASAP"

I went straight to FYI to pick up the Blueprint but has to settle for Fab because them joints we sold out. Luckily we had a CD bootlegger in my 9th grade class that got me the Blueprint that Thursday.

Crazy its been 17 yeats, happened my senior year of hs and tbh i dont really remember what life was like before.

RIP to all that passed, and prayers to the loved ones and survivors.

I don't really know how to feel about 9/11. I know it was a dark day for many families and individuals, myself included. However, it just doesn't really register. I don't feel sad, I don't feel angry. I don't really feel anything.

Crazy its been 17 yeats, happened my senior year of hs and tbh i dont really remember what life was like before.

I was a senior too. I was in communications class making a flash animation of two ninjas fighting. Someone came in and said that a plane crashed into the World Trade Center. Thought they were talking about the one in the seaport in Boston. I didn't even really know what the twin towers were at the time, aside from Home Alone 2. Wasn't until that evening that I really grasped the seriousness of the situation when I saw how adults were reacting. Memories are all still pretty vivid.

Definitely a defining moment for our generation.

I remember waking up to get ready for school and the TV was blaring in the living. I knew something was wrong when I saw both of my parents at home watching the news.

Still went to school that day and was just confused as to what happened and how big of an impact it was to our country.

I’m not American but I remember all the teachers at school were talking bout something huge has happened. Being 11 years old and not American, Most of us didn’t know the magnitude of the events.

Visited the museum and nyc for the first time in 2016. I spent like 4 hours in the museum and was shook. Now that I live in this country these days mean so much more. Rip to the heroes that risked their lives. One thing I learned about Americans is the fighting spirit and love for their country. You’re not gona bring them down with terror

I’m not American but I remember all the teachers at school were talking bout something huge has happened. Being 11 years old and not American, Most of us didn’t know the magnitude of the events.

Visited the museum and nyc for the first time in 2016. I spent like 4 hours in the museum and was shook. Now that I live in this country these days mean so much more. Rip to the heroes that risked their lives. One thing I learned about Americans is the fighting spirit and love for their country. You’re not gona bring them down with terror
Very well stated

I still remember it was like yesterday. I remember during recess (think I was in 5th grade) me and my friends would try to look for airplanes in the air but it was empty.

RIP to everyone who lost their lives.

Blueprint and Ghetto Fabolous dropped on September 11th.

I remember the principal coming into my 9th grade class like "Yall gotta go home ASAP"

I went straight to FYI to pick up the Blueprint but has to settle for Fab because them joints we sold out. Luckily we had a CD bootlegger in my 9th grade class that got me the Blueprint that Thursday.

That was a good summer/fall. Blueprint, Kiss Tha Game Goodbye, Stillmatic, Ghetto Fabolous, J.O.S.E, Word of Mouf, The Realness.

I was in math class when the first plane hit then went to study hall after. The study hall monitor was watching the news when I arrived, she was clearly shaken. I asked “are you scared, Mrs. Street?” Her response was “we are in for a long war”.

Me and the rest of the fam were fortunate to have seen the towers when we all first came here to the States. I was probably in second grade. My bros and I always wanted to see it after watching Home Alone 2 many times back home. It was an experience for us since we've never seen skyscrapers that high and tall.

Then when I was in 6th grade, I remember doing my homework and a sudden breaking news segment came up. Just seeing planes strike it made me think I was watching a movie, but it was ALL REAL. It was crazy!

RIP to the souls we lost on that fateful day |l

I was listening to sports radio during lunch and theynrecomended watching united 93. Gonna check it out when I get home

Back
Top Bottom