Remembering Manute Bol VOL. A true hero to his people

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2010/06/manute-bol-ill-kidney-failure-sudan-basketball-warrior/http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2010/06/manute-bol-ill-kidney-failure-sudan-basketball-warrior/

Seemed like the kind of guy the NBA should be full of.  Used his wealth and fame to help others
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Brought the term "my bad" to the state of California...

The "my bad" item, written by British professor of linguistics Geoffrey K. Pullum (the co-author of The Cambridge Grammar of the English Language) quotes one source who recalls first hearing "my bad" in the Bay Area in 1988, after Bol had joined the Golden State Warriors. And indeed, if you run an archives search on "basketball" and "my bad," the first three usages are all linked to Bol.

St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Jan. 10, 1989: When he throws a bad pass, he'll say, ''My bad'' instead of ''My fault,'' and now all the other players say the same thing.

USA Today, Jan. 27, 1989: After making a bad pass, instead of saying ''my fault,'' Manute Bol says, ''my bad.'' Now all the other Warriors say it too.
Sporting News, May 15, 1989: Bol says "my bad" when he means "my fault."

Link

but seriously, RIP to a great man....

Brought the term "my bad" to the state of California...

The "my bad" item, written by British professor of linguistics Geoffrey K. Pullum (the co-author of The Cambridge Grammar of the English Language) quotes one source who recalls first hearing "my bad" in the Bay Area in 1988, after Bol had joined the Golden State Warriors. And indeed, if you run an archives search on "basketball" and "my bad," the first three usages are all linked to Bol.

St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Jan. 10, 1989: When he throws a bad pass, he'll say, ''My bad'' instead of ''My fault,'' and now all the other players say the same thing.

USA Today, Jan. 27, 1989: After making a bad pass, instead of saying ''my fault,'' Manute Bol says, ''my bad.'' Now all the other Warriors say it too.
Sporting News, May 15, 1989: Bol says "my bad" when he means "my fault."

Link

but seriously, RIP to a great man....

Back
Top Bottom