Remembering the Sega Dreamcast and its loss to PS2 vol. released 10 years ago (9/9/99)

Originally Posted by ninjahood

sega could've won....but they got shook and pulled da plug too early....they HAD a winning system.
I'm still trying to figure out why they did that.

As far as I understand, the games were so easy to pirate.. played a key role in that decision.

Loved my Sega Dreamcast. Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 was that work
pimp.gif

But PS2 is my favorite system EVER! Change the game to me.

wow 10 years already, and ps2's are still selling. crazy, 10 years? man still can't get over that. mvc2 is the best game for dc

Originally Posted by xblaze23

As far as I understand, the games were so easy to pirate.. played a key role in that decision.
YUP
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but now that i think back on it
tired.gif

I had powerstone, soul calibur, DvC2, resident evil all on bootleg.

Moms bought me that sega sports package when i opened it and saw the nba2k nfl2k AND the black sega sports console/controller I
eek.gif
, then
devil.gif
, and probably played 8 hours straight.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

sega could've won....but they got shook and pulled da plug too early....they HAD a winning system.

Exactly, it was doing great in the US but it was doing poorly in Japan which was really hurting Sega.

Great system. I loved Sonic 1 and 2, NFL 2K, Crazy Taxi, Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue, that whack +#$ WWE game Royal Rumble. So many classic titles. Even SegaSaturn was hott. Mines died a while ago.

I remember I took back 3 Dreamcasts to Sears

I ended up getting the sports pack from Costco

what a system ... for those that had and played it WHEN IT RELEASED (im not talking about after PS2 touched down) understand how ahead of its time itreally was . as others have mentioned the memory card was ill . i remember i was walking around w my memory card in school taking care of Sonic like atamagotchi and
69d35c6be00e5fc4932f9fefb06bc341133e760.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
games iloved :

Virtua Tennis
Crazy Tazi
Soul Calibur
NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC
MvC2
Sonic
HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2 W/ THE GUN
Shenmue
Power Stone

Soul Calibur!!! Mannn, i think i single handedly put dreamcast out of business, i had every game burned... it was so easy, word to Uptopia boot disc's

my baby gonna turn 10 yrs old. the dreamcast was released in north america on 9/9/99, 10 yrs ago. still my favorite system ever, too bad it didnt competewith sony ps. actually dusted off the old dc the other day, brought back a lot of memories. the system was so ahead of its time. the memory card alone was
eek.gif

504x_custom_1250167344741_SegaDreamcast.jpg

2k series
shenmue
phantasy star online (who else bought the keyboard?)
laugh.gif

jet grind radio
sonic adventures
crazy taxi
marvel v. capcom
ufc (i will destroy anyone in ths gm
laugh.gif
)
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom