Reseller hate thread

I'm getting pissed with resellers lately. Especially with their cockiness and hoards of yaya's and driver's. What can we do as a community to move against this plague. Ali stood up against them but suddenly dissapeared. I posted this here because only true NTPI and collectors go here while the one on the FB page are meh.

My 2Cents:

I usuallyread through NTPI after a major realease to find out how it went and all, andlately I’ve been reading a lot about resellers. Reselling is a business, not apopular one to us of course as collectors, aficionados, sneaker heads orwhatever you wanna call yourself, because they interfere with us getting thatfix we need  in sneakers, but again reselling is a business. A businessthat follows the law of supply and demand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_supply_and_demand).I’d think anyone of us would grab the opportunity to make a shinny penny if theopportunity presents itself right? So why hate on people that had the same ideaas we do but had the resources to do so? I mean, given the chance (money andconnections), I’d probably do the same, maybe not sell at their price, butstill resell them for a decent profit. I seen some reseller at ebay or sulit I think,where he resells stuff displayed on outlet stores, I don’t hear anyone hatingon that reseller, do they get a pass just ‘coz they resell stuff we don’t want?That’s bull-%!$…

I don’tlike reseller as much as the next guy but think about this, if it wasn’t forresellers, would you see Jordan 5 quai54’s, LeBron 8 maimi nights or Jordan 7YoTRs being sold here? Yeah, I didn’t think so too. It’s hella expensive, I agreebut still they expand your selection by bringing in heat that most of us can’t get byourselves.

Now,what we mostly hate (or dislike) about resellers: cutting in line, special privilegesand hoarding of sneakers. Dito sa ‘Pinas, wala na tayong magagawa about the “palakasansystem

Originally Posted by PsychoPac

My 2 Cents:

I usually read through NTPI after a major realease to find out how it went and all, and lately I’ve been reading a lot about resellers. Reselling is a business, not a popular one to us of course as collectors, aficionados, sneaker heads or whatever you wanna call yourself, because they interfere with us getting that fix we need  in sneakers, but again reselling is a business. A business that follows the law of supply and demand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_supply_and_demand). I’d think anyone of us would grab the opportunity to make a shinny penny if the opportunity presents itself right? So why hate on people that had the same idea as we do but had the resources to do so? I mean, given the chance (money and connections), I’d probably do the same, maybe not sell at their price, but still resell them for a decent profit. I seen some reseller at ebay or sulit I think, where he resells stuff displayed on outlet stores, I don’t hear anyone hating on that reseller, do they get a pass just ‘coz they resell stuff we don’t want? That’s bull-%!$…

I don’t like reseller as much as the next guy but think about this, if it wasn’t for resellers, would you see Jordan 5 quai54’s, LeBron 8 maimi nights or Jordan 7 YoTRs being sold here? Yeah, I didn’t think so too. It’s hella expensive, I agree but still they expand your selection by bringing in heat that most of us can’t get by ourselves.

Now, what we mostly hate (or dislike) about resellers: cutting in line, special privileges and hoarding of sneakers. Dito sa ‘Pinas, wala na tayong magagawa about the “palakasan system

Originally Posted by LAtotheZ

My 2 Cents:

I usually read through NTPI after a major realease to find out how it went and all, and lately I’ve been reading a lot about resellers. Reselling is a business, not a popular one to us of course as collectors, aficionados, sneaker heads or whatever you wanna call yourself, because they interfere with us getting that fix we need  in sneakers, but again reselling is a business. A business that follows the law of supply and demand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_supply_and_demand). I’d think anyone of us would grab the opportunity to make a shinny penny if the opportunity presents itself right? So why hate on people that had the same idea as we do but had the resources to do so? I mean, given the chance (money and connections), I’d probably do the same, maybe not sell at their price, but still resell them for a decent profit. I seen some reseller at ebay or sulit I think, where he resells stuff displayed on outlet stores, I don’t hear anyone hating on that reseller, do they get a pass just ‘coz they resell stuff we don’t want? That’s bull-%!$…

I don’t like reseller as much as the next guy but think about this, if it wasn’t for resellers, would you see Jordan 5 quai54’s, LeBron 8 maimi nights or Jordan 7 YoTRs being sold here? Yeah, I didn’t think so too. It’s hella expensive, I agree but still they expand your selection by bringing in heat that most of us can’t get by ourselves.

Now, what we mostly hate (or dislike) about resellers: cutting in line, special privileges and hoarding of sneakers. Dito sa ‘Pinas, wala na tayong magagawa about the “palakasan system

Just to add, who are these hypebeasts or sneakerheads trying to impress? Other men?
laugh.gif

@Karbonized
well said man...and nice comparisons, naging bisyo ko din yung tatlo na yan growing up, hahaha!

@manilaboyxix
which reminds me of my homeboy asking me, if i would attend soleslam this dec. and what would i wear, i told him, "yung chucks ko na black or cool grey na sandals." and then he asked bakit, since i have a decent selection naman, i said, "kasi comftable, besides, If I decide to go there, it's to look for good deals on sneakers (that i doubt i'd see) and NOT to impress anyone. If that was what i wanted to do, magsusuot nalang ako ng cycling shorts sabay palaman ng rolled up socks sa harap, pag di pa sila naimpress dun ewan ko lang...
pimp.gif
"
roll.gif

My 2Cents:

"bakitang Titan kaya nilang tablahin ang resellers pag ginusto nila, it’s because oftheir management, so obviously, management ng Parks, Stadiums, and Forums ang myproblema,  hindi resellers dahilpumapayag sila sa ganyang systema."

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

This. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

Just to add, who are these hypebeasts or sneakerheads trying to impress? Other men?
laugh.gif

Hahaha! 
laugh.gif
 Jordans are a good conversation piece if you want to hit on other men.

Well said Karbonized and I agree that resellers would be just fine for us collectors if they got their stocks in other places(US,Europe, China etc.) than get their stocks here in the PI. Oh and this one killed me! "Just to add, who are these hypebeasts or sneakerheads trying to impress? Other men? 
laugh.gif
"!!!! Hahaha! 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
!!! Killed it bro!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

where is Ali N. Martinez..? all of a sudden di na cya nag post sa NT forum sa fb.. im just curious as to bakit bigla cya nawala.

@Jeddahblaster Deins siya nakakatulong sa economy since hindi naman nagbabayad ng tax mga resellers.

@Karbonized: Hindi nalalaos J's since 90's pa yan.

@rubynator yes hindi malalaos yan mga sapatos natin, kaya nga binibilli pa rin natin eh. Yun Iba binibilli kasi nun bata pa sila meron sila nun. Yun iba naman wala pa sila pambili kaya nun niretro ayun lahat ng js nun wala sila nun bata pa eh pinakyaw na. Meron naman iba nakikiuso lang. Pag nagsimula na mapulbos yun beloved collections natin, that's the time people will realize na it's just a waste of money Lang tong bisyo na ito. Same with other hobbies. Times were different during the 90s or even the late 80s, people buy js and Nike to wear. Ngayon Lang naman nauso yan pagigigng sneaker heads eh, isusuot lang yun mga limited pairs natin sa mga big releases for what? Syempre bragging rights kanino? Eh I'd si kapwa natin lalaki. Sarap ba ng feeling na lahat ng daanan mo nakatungo sayo, dahil naka aj 4 laser ka, dmp 11s, naka zoom rookie ka or 99 4s. My 2 cents Lang bro.

@rubynator yes hindi malalaos yan mga sapatos natin, kaya nga binibilli pa rin natin eh. Yun Iba binibilli kasi nun bata pa sila meron sila nun. Yun iba naman wala pa sila pambili kaya nun niretro ayun lahat ng js nun wala sila nun bata pa eh pinakyaw na. Meron naman iba nakikiuso lang. Pag nagsimula na mapulbos yun beloved collections natin, that's the time people will realize na it's just a waste of money Lang tong bisyo na ito. Same with other hobbies. Times were different during the 90s or even the late 80s, people buy js and Nike to wear. Ngayon Lang naman nauso yan pagigigng sneaker heads eh, isusuot lang yun mga limited pairs natin sa mga big releases for what? Syempre bragging rights kanino? Eh I'd si kapwa natin lalaki. Sarap ba ng feeling na lahat ng daanan mo nakatungo sayo, dahil naka aj 4 laser ka, dmp 11s, naka zoom rookie ka or 99 4s. My 2 cents Lang bro. Huwag ka din magalit sa mga yaya or drivers di naman kasalanan nun nagpapapila na mas marami sila pera kaysa sa atin eh.

Originally Posted by lugzzy

where is Ali N. Martinez..? all of a sudden di na cya nag post sa NT forum sa fb.. im just curious as to bakit bigla cya nawala.
Yeah, nagtaka rin ako if why bigla na siyang di nagpopost unlike before.

Originally Posted by superswag

^out of curiosity who is he and why is everyone watching his every move?

if I'm not mistaken, he's the fam that first voiced out his frustrations against the resellers... I really don't frequent the FB page that often, but I think he got a ton of heat from all the resellers on the FB page... and like all our fam here stated, he stopped postin' all of a sudden... never met or interacted with him... but he seems like a nice dude imo... 

I think we're referring mostly to local resellers who hoard local releases and sell them at outrageous prices. Agree with Psych's post. Just don't patronize them. We probably know who they are by now anyway. For pips that have mullah, for the love of God, don't pay double or triple especially for local releases that are GR. If you're willing to spend that much, I'd rather go for those that bought their stuff abroad or buy online. You'll have to wait but I think you're doing sneakerheads a favor. I can understand fellow NTers that hook us up with stuff from other countries, especially those that don't reach our shores and of course they'll mark up the price a bit. Local shoe hoarders that mark up at least half of the shoe's retail price and even more....now that's crazy.

I'll never understand local shoe hoarders. I read this from a fellow NTer before, wala naman yumayaman sa pagiging reseller. I'd like to think that's true. They go thru all the trouble, is it worth it? I dunno.

Concords are coming up and so are resellers. Buy responsibly, buy sensibly.

Back
Top Bottom