Rest in Peace: Angels pitcher, Nick Adenhart [1986-2009], killed in car crash

don't forget that 3 others died. (Or was it two and one is in the hospital?)

Terrible way to wake up this morning.

Rip Adenhart
frown.gif

Rest in peace, man.
tired.gif
frown.gif

EAGLE 0N:
yungmatt:
ERASCISM:

And the driver of the mini-van lived?

smh.gif
Sadly, it seems like thats ALWAYS the outcome

That's always the case
smh.gif

Happened to a friend of mine
tired.gif

ALWAYS, man. Like, I can't even sit here and think about the last time I heard a drunk driving story where the drunk died and everyone elseinvolved in the accident lived.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Happened to a friend of mine, too, and EVERY drunk story I come across, I remember his situation. His car was hit by a drunk driver that went onto the oppositeside of the interstate and hit them head on. My friend was in the car with his wife and their 6-MONTH-OLD daughter. The drunk survived (like they always do),and my friend and his daughter survived with very minor injuries. The wife?
frown.gif
Dead on impact. The drunk driver's car went right into the passenger seat of my friend's car. She was sitting in the passenger seat.
frown.gif

That was back in 2003, and the drunk guy is walking the streets now, a free man, having served his time. He initially got like 3 years or 5 years or somebullcrap, but it was reduced and reduced and reduced again (3 times), and he ended up serving 18 months behind bars.
mad.gif
Upon his release, he was on some kind of probation or something, and he has somenumber of community service hours to serve.
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

By now, he is off probation, completed his community service hours, and served his sentence behind bars. My friend's wife? Oddly enough, she's stilldead.
frown.gif

*now the part where I usually upset some folks when talking about this topic* And THAT is why we need stricter drunk driving laws. My friend's wife... thatlittle girl's mother... is GONE from their lives, and the person responsible gets some hours of community service, a year and a half behind bars, andprobation? Everyone who knows of that situation (including all of you reading this) will see stuff like that and inevitably think 'Hmph, that's not allthat bad. So if I kill someone while driving in a drunken stupor, it's not like my life will be completely over. Good to know,' and you'll havenothing other than your own moral code to stop you from getting behind the wheel. OR, friends of drunk drivers will think 'Enh, if he kills someone,he'll get some light sentence and we'll see him again a year and a half from now.'

Apparently, the thought of killing someone else is not enough to stop people from taking the wheel; the thought of a friend killing someone else is not enoughto MAKE SURE they don't drive drunk... EVER.

Back
Top Bottom