restaurants worth checking out?

sup everyone!

wondering what are some places I should check out and is worth going to eat on a little date kinda thing?

preferably somewhere around the 714 area but I'm willing to make a little drive if the place is that good haha. oh yeah, might as well add some suggestions for anything to do besides movies and the usual stuff?

thanks for any and all help.

Originally Posted by m23airj0rdan23j

preferably somewhere around the 714 area
Orange Hill Restaurant in Orange (Great view)
On Chapman Avenue(East) off the 55fwy.

I'm not a big fan of Cheesecake Factory, but you have that option at the Brea Mall or at Gardenwalk in Anaheim.

Gardenwalk has a few other options there too.  PFchangs, Roys Hawaiian Fusion.

Hope this helps.

orange hill is straight, food is whatevers though especially for the price.

you're definitely just paying for the view.

yeah ive seen it a couple times my friend went there once and told me dinner for 2 came out to almost 100.00 :X im straight haha trying to find something a lil cheaper then that. thanks for the suggestions been to cheesecake one too may times though :/

its not really 714 but my favorite LA restaurant is Pizzeria Mozza. Not that I'm a baller or anything close, but if $100 for a dinner of 2 is out of reach, then you're probably not gonna be happy. Even for pizza, I typically spend $120+ for me and the wife. If you trying to impress a chick who has fine taste though, this spot will do it. Reservations are tough to get though, probably gonna wanna book ATLEAST 2-3 weeks in advance (or more) if you want a normal dinner time res.

As far as 714 is concerned.

The wife hates it but I really like Duke's in HB (Hawaiian). The scenery and the beach atmosphere is also nice.

Not really a date spot, but my drunk grub place is the Taqueria on Springdale and Westminster in Westminster.

If you're in Santa Monica or Downtown real late at night, there's Pacific Dining Car. It's fine dining open 24hrs. It's a little bit pricey for the quality, but they do give large portions.

shabu shabu bar off of sevententh is pretty cool. not the best shabu shabu out there but the environment is cool to take your date on and they got some hot waitresses.

Wingnuts in Costa Mesa
Boiling Crab
Red Claw
Lucilles BBQ in Irvine or Long Beach
Roscoes Chicken and waffles in Long Beach
Parker's Light House in Long Beach
Mastro's near South Coast Plaza
Ruth's Chris near disneyland

keep in mind all of these are in 714 area or within 15 min drive of the oc area

Originally Posted by m23airj0rdan23j

sup everyone!

wondering what are some places I should check out and is worth going to eat on a little date kinda thing?

preferably somewhere around the 714 area but I'm willing to make a little drive if the place is that good haha. oh yeah, might as well add some suggestions for anything to do besides movies and the usual stuff?

thanks for any and all help.
Just take her to the block over in the OC lot's of things to do there.

any other suggestions? i'll be in LA in october for a few days and will be lookin for good places that arent too pricey but are good and worth whatever they do charge. I'll be stayin off of N. vermont between sunset and santa monica blvd. Any suggestions is good.
Also my aunt and I were talking and some of the things we wanna do when we're in town are only like 2-3 miles away, is it worth it to rent a car(maybe for one day) or is it okay to walk. Any suggestions is good. Thanks NT

^

maybe some NTers who are more familiar with that part of town can help me out but isnt Vermont and Sunset pretty close to Los Feliz or Silver Lake area?

I don't really make it out there very often, but I believe there are a buncha shops, bars, restaurants in the area and it is a fairly walkable neighborhood (depending on how close you start from). Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but usually I am only out there if I have a birthday or something at a bar or restaurant, and more often than not I end up s-faced drunk and my wife has to drive my drunk *!@ home and I have little to no recollection of what was in the area.

Lol it's cool , thanks for the input though. Yes it is fairly close to Los feliz. I looked it up on google maps and did directions to the Greek from the hotel and to universal studios from the hotel.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

if youre in los feliz, get drunk and go eat at fred 62. mac and cheese balls are whats hot.
+1  I had no idea what this place was but the wife wanted to go grab lunch here so we drove out from Santa Monica.  Good diner food.  Extra points cause I saw Uncle Phil eating there when we rolled up (not sure what his real name is)

I'm not too familiar with restaurants in the OC, but there is one that my wife and I like to check out every now and again. Its the Tommy Bahama Grill in Newport Beach. Its got a very laid back, tropical vibe. The food -- and drinks -- are pretty good, but its not cheap.

I also recommend Sushi on Fire in Huntington Beach. Not too fancy, but you get a lot of good, quality food for the $$. Plus, the beach is right down the street, which is nice.

cool, all the places suggested sound very nice. I just cant wait to get down there and start checkin stuff ou lol

Back
Top Bottom