Retro 7 Cardinal 06 vs 11

Gold lace tips on ‘06, silver on ‘11

Shape on ‘11 differs from the ‘02-‘06 AJ7 mold. Leather more supple on the ‘06 pair.

The 06 has better tumbled leather. But the 2011 has a closer og look. I have both. My opinion, get the 2011. The 23 tab on the 2011 closer to the original. On the 06, the colors are reversed.

Damn... just read up on polyurethane degradation. That sucks. So all my old sneakers are ticking time bombs. Is there any type of benchmark where they crumble, the article i read said 10 years

"06 no debate whatsoever. I hooped, hiked, and wore those to the ground. I refuse to buy any other pair of Cardinals.

Damn... just read up on polyurethane degradation. That sucks. So all my old sneakers are ticking time bombs. Is there any type of benchmark where they crumble, the article i read said 10 years

Sounds about right. Could be a lil longer or shorter

Phylon/EVA and rubber hold up well, so Jordans 10 and up are good to go, as well as 1s. A lot of old trainers were EVA. Huaraches and such.

7s were PU encased in EVA so the interior crumbles. That's what happened to my OGs, they look fine but when the sole separated, the air bag fell out cause the inside had rotted away.

Someone mentioned that the non foam parts of the 16 and 17s crumble as well.

Either way, buying a 13 year old shoe isn't a wise choice if you plan to wear em.

Back
Top Bottom