Retro 9 Jumpman ???

Dont know if this was ever brought up on here but i remember looking back at the retro 9 that dropped last year or the yr before cause time flys but the jumpman on the Powder Blues went the opposite way from the Citrus and Black /red/ and charcoal...did anybody else pick up on that??

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DevilsSi1481

except you didnt show us the left shoe on the powder blue!

Showing the left shoe doesnt matter on the powder blues the jumpman goes forward and on the citrus and blk red charcoal they face backwards ..these pics were the only 1's i could really find that showed it i remember picking all 3 up from the shelves at the sneaker store and noticing the jumpman issue. If anyone has all 3 feel free to post pics of them

Originally Posted by brooklyn2philly

Originally Posted by DevilsSi1481

except you didnt show us the left shoe on the powder blue!

Showing the left shoe doesnt matter on the powder blues the jumpman goes forward and on the citrus and blk red charcoal they face backwards ..these pics were the only 1's i could really find that showed it i remember picking all 3 up from the shelves at the sneaker store and noticing the jumpman issue. If anyone has all 3 feel free to post pics of them
showing the left shoe actually would matter because clearly what JB did on the citrus's and charcoal's is put the jumpman the "normal" way on both shoes which is facing to the right. on the left shoe of the powder blue's, if it was facing towards the front of the shoe (and it is) then it would be "backwards" which is facing to the left. 
but yes I did notice that it was different on the powder blue's. They're the only pair of IXs I picked up last year but I never noticed in pictures that the other two pairs didn't do the same with the jumpman. 

the powder blue Jordan 9's jumpman in the left shoe is facing opposite side..

The Jumpman facing left is actually the CORRECT way. On all the previous retros and OG's the Jumpman always faced left. For some reason JB decided to change it up and make them all facing right with the exception of the Powder Blues.

Looking on EBAY you can find the Jumpman logo going both directions.  My guess is that some of the B Grades had the logo going the wrong way.  Your photos of the Black/Red and the Citrus could have been the early release or B Grade Photos while the Powders were the actual release.  I have seen pictures of the logo upside down on some of the shoes.

Originally Posted by ijapino

The Jumpman facing left is actually the CORRECT way. On all the previous retros and OG's the Jumpman always faced left. For some reason JB decided to change it up and make them all facing right with the exception of the Powder Blues.
Yeah, it's very annoying. Same goes with the XI retros since the DMP.
JB is messing up their Jordan retros very often nowadays.

the VII cardinals are rather a good exception.

The XI low I.E.s also look better this time than in 2003.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by ijapino

Yeah, it's very annoying. Same goes with the XI retros since the DMP.
JB is messing up their Jordan retros very often nowadays.

the VII cardinals are rather a good exception.

The XI low I.E.s also look better this time than in 2003.

Yeah powder 9's were the last pair of 9's made the right way. The rest had the jumpman flipped and for some reason it also looks smaller. But as far as the XI low being better than the 03's- No.

I seriously can not believe this was never caught by anyone before. I mean the chance of someone noticing something that small of a change, defiantly warrants a new thread.

Originally Posted by matothett

Looking on EBAY you can find the Jumpman logo going both directions.
....so what you're saying is.....Michael goes....both ways?
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom