Returning games policy at Best Buy help

I kinda had an impulse buy yesterday and got NCAA 11 because i wanted to tie myself over until madden comes out. I figured i'd play it and trade it in to Gamstop  for like 40 dollars or so.

I put it in played one qaurter and said this sucks i want Madden. Is there anyway i can return it for full price?
Best Buy employees please help.

I kinda had an impulse buy yesterday and got NCAA 11 because i wanted to tie myself over until madden comes out. I figured i'd play it and trade it in to Gamstop  for like 40 dollars or so.

I put it in played one qaurter and said this sucks i want Madden. Is there anyway i can return it for full price?
Best Buy employees please help.

nope. any software/cd/games etc if its opened...no all you can do is exchange it for the exact same thing.

nope. any software/cd/games etc if its opened...no all you can do is exchange it for the exact same thing.

No Chance bro. If you opened the cellophane wrapper, you can't return. You can exchange, but can't return.

What you MIGHT want to do, and I'm not condoning this in any way is:

Tell them to disc doesn't load in your PS3 or Xbox and then exchange for new one sealed. Take the new one sealed back with receipt, and ask if you can get a store credit. Or you can take it to Walmart/Target and exchange for it when it comes out.

Return fraud though...

No Chance bro. If you opened the cellophane wrapper, you can't return. You can exchange, but can't return.

Tell them to disc doesn't load in your PS3 or Xbox and then exchange for new one sealed. Take the new one sealed back with receipt, and ask if you can get a store credit. Or you can take it to Walmart/Target and exchange for it when it comes out.

Return fraud though...

Nope. I tried when I got my little brother the wrong COD and they only allow unopened games to be returned

Nope. I tried when I got my little brother the wrong COD and they only allow unopened games to be returned

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Tell them to disc doesn't load in your PS3 or Xbox and then exchange for new one sealed. Take the new one sealed back with receipt, and ask for store credit.

Tell them to disc doesn't load in your PS3 or Xbox and then exchange for new one sealed. Take the new one sealed back with receipt, and ask for store credit.

How much do you think Gamestop still give if i trade it in? Thinking of trading in Forza 3 also.
If i trade those two games in and im only 5-10 dollars short of Madden im fine with that.

Also, would it be worth more or less if i used the online code for the game. Or does it not matter.

How much do you think Gamestop still give if i trade it in? Thinking of trading in Forza 3 also.
If i trade those two games in and im only 5-10 dollars short of Madden im fine with that.

Also, would it be worth more or less if i used the online code for the game. Or does it not matter.

Originally Posted by Crumbs

this.

a few years ago, i copped madden and accidentally bumped my entertainment center... which made the xbox skip and scratch a ring into my disc. so i went to best buy and re-bought the game with the warranty. then exchanged the scratched game w/ the warranty for a new copy. took the new copy back in and got store credit.

Originally Posted by Crumbs

this.

a few years ago, i copped madden and accidentally bumped my entertainment center... which made the xbox skip and scratch a ring into my disc. so i went to best buy and re-bought the game with the warranty. then exchanged the scratched game w/ the warranty for a new copy. took the new copy back in and got store credit.

Return fraud though...

What do you mean i could exchange it to Walmart/Target?

Return fraud though...

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Return fraud though...

Walmart and Target will take stuff without a receipt a certain number of times a year. Target gives store credit. Walmart sometimes even gives cash. Funny story. I bought a cpu game, and still had receipt. It just sat on my game shelf for about a year. I took it back to Walmart with receipt and the dude says he can't return it bc it's been a year. So I walk out of Walmart, walk back in, and say I don't have a receipt. Dude laughs and hands me $99.99 in CASH.

But yeah, in a way, this is return fraud, so don't be running around doing this everyday. You will get caught.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Return fraud though...

Walmart and Target will take stuff without a receipt a certain number of times a year. Target gives store credit. Walmart sometimes even gives cash. Funny story. I bought a cpu game, and still had receipt. It just sat on my game shelf for about a year. I took it back to Walmart with receipt and the dude says he can't return it bc it's been a year. So I walk out of Walmart, walk back in, and say I don't have a receipt. Dude laughs and hands me $99.99 in CASH.

But yeah, in a way, this is return fraud, so don't be running around doing this everyday. You will get caught.

Back
Top Bottom