Review for LeBron 7, 8, and 9s?

i don't have the 9s, but i do have the 7s and 8s.

7s: good traction and good cushion. I had to go a half size down because the shoes have a poor heel design in order to keep my heel from slipping. the cushioning is excellent and the flywire produced a good fit other than in the heel. However, after 3 weeks of playing in mine, the eyelets on one of my shoes split all the way down. all in all, it was a great shoe but two major design flaws (heel fit & eyelet design) kept it from being a go to shoe.

8s: I have the v1. They are a little heavy, but you don't notice it on your feet. the heel fit still isn't a lockdown fit, but significantly better than on the 7s. I wish the padding on the top of the tongue where the lion head is was thinner to better help lockdown the ankle. the cushioning is a little different than on the 7s, most people like the 8s better in this aspect but i actually preferred the 7s. the traction works nicely on these, but i'm not very happy with how quickly the sole on these has worn. if you don't mind a little bulk, these are good shoes that I have only very minor gripes about. if you want something lighter, the v2 might be a better option for you.

another thing to look out for that applies to all of the newer 360 shoes is the lack of a support cage. because you don't anything creating a solid edge to the airbag, if you step on the edge of the shoe it will compress completely giving you a very tipsy, unstable feeling. i didn't knock the shoes for this because its the way all of the new 360 shoes are designed, but its definitely something you should be aware of when considering buying or using these shoes. the platforms are extremely stable until you get to the edge, then it can get pretty scary when you hit that point depending on what you are doing when you do so.

All the things he mentioned above are taken care of with the LeBron 9s, they are air max and zoom split. They are very similar to the LeBron 8 V2.5 or playoffs with an upgrade on ankle support. The LeBron 9s are very light on and off the feet, the new cushioning around the ankle makes it feel like there is support there without restricting mobility and the front half is now zoom air instead of the old 360 air max, so the support cage he spook of has been taken care of, no instability he spoke of when cutting or stopping. LeBron 7 have very little ankle support compared to the new models of the 8 Vs,V2, and V2.5, only one model to date with the 9s. Try them out and see what you think, Nike takes back shoes for any reason, worn or not if you buy directly from them. For ballin', personally I use Foamposite Ones or Pros.

8 V2 was not good for me, I wore it once after the xmas break. new court, squeaky clean, my shoes were slipping. Maybe it will get better when you break it in. It feels too high off the ground and you notice it when running suicides.

It is really breathable and has good ankle support. The upper creases really easily if you care.

Keep in mind I'm 5'8 and hooped in the zoom kobe 6 since release date.

How is the sizing in VII & VIII, especailly the 8.2 version. I tried them on the other day and after a while my ankle & mallelous started to hurt.

8V2's have great cushioning, but if you're a guard or smaller player you'll definitely feel disconnected from the court. The cushioning does make it feel like a platform, and doesn't feel as stable as other shoes. Traction is good, and fit is better than the 9's. The upper is cheap for me. I had to exchange one pair because a hole formed around medial side where the ball of the feet are from creasing and this was after one game.

9's feel much better than the 8's and the traction is slightly better. There is more of a lockdown fit in the heel. There is a higher arch on the 9's but it isn't as bad as the 8V3's. That's all I can really say thus far since I only played for about five hours in the 9s.

Both the 8V2 and 9's run a half size small.

i bought the ix's for basketball, had to buy a half size too big. even then they were too tight in the toes and turned my toenails black and they (my big toenails) eventually fell off. this happened after only a couple of wears. retail spot wouldn't take them back and told me to send them to nike. i sent them to nike and told them what happened, they sent them back and said they couldn't help me. now i have an all black pair of lebrons that i can't wear for ball and will probably never wear again. Thanks a lot nike! needless to say I'm a little bitter about this one.

Originally Posted by LBCOL

i bought the ix's for basketball, had to buy a half size too big. even then they were too tight in the toes and turned my toenails black and they (my big toenails) eventually fell off. this happened after only a couple of wears. retail spot wouldn't take them back and told me to send them to nike. i sent them to nike and told them what happened, they sent them back and said they couldn't help me. now i have an all black pair of lebrons that i can't wear for ball and will probably never wear again. Thanks a lot nike! needless to say I'm a little bitter about this one.
You must have some weird @% shape feet or toe nail.
sick.gif
or your toe nail was already infected and rot by something else

There's no way a shoes this caliber (if you buy the right size) would cause your toe nail to fall off . It had to be extremely uncomfortable for the big nail to be pressurize that bad and turn black then fall off.
sick.gif

My feet is wide and i never have a shoes that cause my toe nail to fall off . At least not Nike

Originally Posted by LBCOL

lol what?

You obviously bought your wrong size. You should've sized up one full size instead of half a size if they were still too tight. These shoes are plastic, they won't stretch like leather or suede.

Back
Top Bottom