Review Request: adidas TS Bounce Commander

Has anybody played in these, and if so, how well do they perform on the court? I'm thinking about picking up a pair of the KG's.

I'm a PG, and am well aware adidas designed these for Forwards/Centers, but I like how the shoe looks and don't think they're heavier than somepast shoes I've played in.

Thanks to anybody who can help out!

2n1upa8.jpg

Blazer, I actually love this shoe for guard play. I am heavier and not as quick as some (5'10", 200), so I really feel the Bounce in them. It doestake a couple of hard wearings to feel right and feel some return, but they really are a lighter shoe, especially for the technology in the heel and theoverlay strap. The materials re top-notch, like most adidas. Traction is vastly improved over shoes like the A3 Forum or Superstar Structure. Fit is very snugand almost no foot movement at all, and the strap actually does improve fit, along with that little rubber forefoot piece with the player number. I grabbed theWhite/Green KG pair at Ross last month for $27.99.

Thanks for the insight, duke; much appreciated. Two things I always look for in my kicks are a tight, sung fit& great traction.

Another quick request if you've got the time: I've been debating between playing in these, or the Nike Blue Chip II for the past week or so-- would youmind posting a brief comparison between the two shoes, and which you found to perform better in different areas, as well as which you preferred overall?Thanks.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Thanks for the insight, duke; much appreciated. Two things I always look for in my kicks are a tight, sung fit & great traction.

Another quick request if you've got the time: I've been debating between playing in these, or the Nike Blue Chip II for the past week or so-- would you mind posting a brief comparison between the two shoes, and which you found to perform better in different areas, as well as which you preferred overall? Thanks.
I've played in both and would recommend the Adidas TS bounce Commander over the blue chip II. Traction wise the Adidas was better, better cutsand sudden stops. For the tight and sung fit both of them did a pretty good job for me, if i had to pick it would be the Adidas. Overall, the biggestdifference for me was the cushioning, Adidas had much better cushioning system than the blue chip II.

hi there
i have bad experiences with this shoe
gave me blisters and my pinky toe is bleeding
i found this shoe size and fit sucks,i wish adidas create one more hole for the laces at the top of the shoe
and the tounge of the shoe is constantly moving,which is quite irritating
good thing about this shoe is the durability and heel cushioning,
just my personal view though,

cheers

Blazer, personally, I would say the Commander's. They are just more shoe, which can be a bad thing, but they just have a more supportive, stable feel, andthe cushioning, after a brief break in, feels like it is actually working. Traction is pretty close to even, as well as fit. the Blue Chip does feel closer toa Hyper-shoe (light, non-restrictive). the Bounce Commander is also not as high-cut as you would think.

Thanks for dropping in and sharing your opinions MLee & cid23, andthanks for the mini-H2H duke.

I'm going to go ahead and pick up a pair tonight, maybe post a review in a month or so.

Originally Posted by duke4005

Blazer, I actually love this shoe for guard play. I am heavier and not as quick as some (5'10", 200), so I really feel the Bounce in them. It does take a couple of hard wearings to feel right and feel some return, but they really are a lighter shoe, especially for the technology in the heel and the overlay strap. The materials re top-notch, like most adidas. Traction is vastly improved over shoes like the A3 Forum or Superstar Structure. Fit is very snug and almost no foot movement at all, and the strap actually does improve fit, along with that little rubber forefoot piece with the player number. I grabbed the White/Green KG pair at Ross last month for $27.99.
How do these support your ankles ?
Btw, what is your shoe size , i'm 5'11'' and I often go with 10.5 (ZK4 and some And1 shoe) , I have tried size 10 but my left foot is a littlebigger than the right , so I think i'm gonna have a 10.5 .
/Have you tried the Ts commander LT ?

They are not cut very high, but they are extremely stable around the heel and support it very well. I never had to worry about my ankles at all. lso fit greatand is sized right there is no slippage. I wear a 10.5 in these, all Kobe's, and all Lebrons as well as BB and 2K4.

On the LT Commander's, I haven't bought them YET, but I tried them on again last night, and they feel great just testing around in the store. They fitextremely well, very form-fitting, almost too nice (if you have overly wide feet you may be disappointed). Cushioning is supposedly just EVA in the heel, butthey felt very good and thick. And for being that adidas patent material, they are pretty flexible and light.

Originally Posted by duke4005

They are not cut very high, but they are extremely stable around the heel and support it very well. I never had to worry about my ankles at all. lso fit great and is sized right there is no slippage. I wear a 10.5 in these, all Kobe's, and all Lebrons as well as BB and 2K4.

On the LT Commander's, I haven't bought them YET, but I tried them on again last night, and they feel great just testing around in the store. They fit extremely well, very form-fitting, almost too nice (if you have overly wide feet you may be disappointed). Cushioning is supposedly just EVA in the heel, but they felt very good and thick. And for being that adidas patent material, they are pretty flexible and light.
Thx very much , I'm wondering between Zoom Soldier III and these , Eastbay are sale 20% off for team shoe . I read all comment about the ZSIII and like it very much but I play PF/C so may be the TS commander Bounce/LT are better . I also wear 10.5
/have u tried the ZS iii , the sizing makes me confused
Size 10.5 for the LT , too ?

Back
Top Bottom