Review Request: Answer 3 Retro

Sorry for being so late, I just found this. I don't have the Retro, but the OG is a good shoe. Fit is a little large, so go 1/2 size down, and fit isgreat, very little movement at all. The ankle lining is leather, so it slips very little, and feels like old-school shoes with the smoothness. No inner bootie,but no rough areas for blistering. The top laces go through the tongue in a fold-over flap and make it a little difficult to lace, but they pull up nice andtight. The cushioning is greatness-DMX I-Pak, which if you have never felt was a real revolution (come on Reebok, go back to it). you can feel a small lumpunder your heel when you step, and as you roll up on your toes in a running motion, you can feel the air move under the ball of your foot. I know there weresome durability issues with leaks, but mine are 8 years old and still perfect. Traction is decent, not great, due to the material used. Reebok used this ontheir running line, it was a white, light-weight foam, but I cannot remember the name. It wore out quick on blacktop, exposing the DMX, but was fine on indoorand lasted well. Weight was no issue, as this was a light shoe then and still holds its own. The court feel is a little lacking because of the height of theDMX housing, so stability suffers some, but not bad enough to roll your ankles walking down the street. Good shoe. About a 8-8.5/10 in my book.

but I cannot remember the name
3D Ultralite

that stuff sucks for cushioning. i had it one one of my Shawn Kemp reeboks years ago.

and given how reebok treats Iversons Retro's, the answer 3 retros probably feel NOTHING like the OG'S. in a negative way of course.

Back
Top Bottom