*Review Request- Nike Air Max 2009 vs Lunarglides*

If the lunarglides feel anything like the lunartrainers, i would lean towards the lunars because the cushioning is crazy and i hear they hold up pretty well. Iwant both though.

I've got both shoes, and to me it's not even a question. Air Max 2009.

Perhaps it was the order in which I wore them, but I ran in the AM 2009+ for a couple of weeks, and then slipped on the LunarGlide. Now it's not to say theLunarGlide is UNCOMFORTABLE, but for me it wasn't even close. Keep in mind, I'm a huge fan of all things Air Max, but i haven't RUN in an Air Maxshoe in years. Now these have become my shoes that I run in for 2-3 miles just about every day.

If im not mistaken the Lunarglides have Lunar Foam, so they will eventually bottom out.

Air Max 2009 will be better off for you in the long run.

i spent like an hour today comparing the 09s and the glides...i left NTSF with the glides. cant wait to run in them this evening. i'll probably buy the 09sin a few weeks but for my purposes the glides felt more responsive. but both shoes felt great!

btw, thanks Joey!!

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

If im not mistaken the Lunarglides have Lunar Foam, so they will eventually bottom out.

Air Max 2009 will be better off for you in the long run.

I have been hearing that the opinions of the lunar in the running shoes are alot more durable unlike like the hyperdunks, i definitely feel the difference.

Yeah...actually I overheard em at ntsf explaining that Nike used something more comfortable and durable instead of the lunar foam but the last minuteproduction change wasn't reflected in the name. Personally, I don't care what they call it. I love em

the lunarglides dont use lunar foam. its called the lunarglide because it uses the lunar system of a cushioning wedge within a foam carrier. the wedge is madeout of cushlon and the carrier is phylon.

the thing thats supposed to make the lunarglides special is that its supposed to be a shoe that gives you the exact amount of stability you need. the wedge isangled so that if you need stability then you use it, but dont if the stability is not needed.

with that being said, i like the air max 2009s better. they remedied the problem of the 360s in the past by covering the air unit on the bottom to help avoidpuncturing it. the shoe has a cageless air max 360 unit with a layer of cushlon on top so they give a much softer feel than the 360s as well.

if you need some stability, the lunarglides might be better. if you dont, then i feel like the air max 2009s are the more comfortable, softer cushioned shoe.

Back
Top Bottom