Review Request:Tmac 6

^ You mind doing a full review? That way we can get this archived later. I would but I don't have the shoe. Storm Ryder, you're T-Mac V review was good, feel free to contribute. Anyone who doesn't mind doing a full review, please contribute.
4L8O15S16T23!42​

^^Thanks Wings

Haven't had a chance to grab them yet, i'm actually waiting for the second colorway. But as soon as I do get em, i'll have a review for everyone!

the white/gum colorway is sick, as is the white/red/black.

too bad they don't have any navy based colorways, i LOVE the look of the tmac6. and i can actualyl feel a difference in the formotion just by putting them on (whether or not that' s a good difference is yet to be determined. they just feel different)
"The only way to stop Steve Nash is to hope he goes home today and doesn't find a way to come to the game tomorrow." - Jalen RoseNANO FOR CANADA!

Ill do a quick review.

I just got the black/red away offa eBay for 70 b/c it had been worn several times. I don't know if it has a break in time, but i would suppose no anyways because the shoes are extremely comfortable. To be honest, I did not notice that the shoes were on my feet as i played a couple hours of pickup games, and I did occasionally find myself slipping a little, the only real problem i forsaw with future wears. I know it's a 130 dollar shoe, but the sole designs do not provide sticky squeaky grip like herringbone. Ventilation was great and the formotion really could be felt because I felt myself well supported when making cuts and jab steps. I know its a mental thing but i swear my jump shot release got faster and I felt confident when i penetrated. maybe t-mac's magic is rubbing off on me, but the shoe is a very good pickup for me. I have full confidence that this shoe is well worth the 130 one would have to pay. I will try and give an update as I play more in these.

Traction is average, but not something I would expect for such a high price. I previously played in lebron 20.5.5's so im a bit spoiled, i guess. You gotta try it on an dsee for yourself!

what size does the mens version start from, cause on Eastbay it starts from sz 7.5 and on Adidas Shop Online its starts from sz 6.5

Quote:
how could you forget the formotion..

if im not mistaken, he asked about CUSHIONING tech. and from what i hear, formotion is NOT cushioning tech.

anyone go a half size down, i normally wear an 11 but had a lot of heel slip so went with a 10.5 and feels great. Got the black/red with the f&f for 74 taxed, the footlocker had them on sale for 99.99 with the additional 30% ....well worth 74, can't wait to ball in them, feel like they have good arch support.

got my white black red for 91 on f and f shoulda been 81 SMH. but anyway.
when i balled in then. i could feel the formotion support on the innerside. the ventilation is superb(deres a couple of wholes like a addiads logo inside the shoe that ventilates thru the outsole). the comfort was great. i mean it really felt good.i admit they do run a little big. i wear a size 9 in jordans and nikes but i think i shoulda went half size down on these. but i wore double socks and that solved the probelm. ok now on to the traction. wen u rub ur hand down it, the traction feels as it isnt great, but wen u play in em, it becomes very good. i believe it is because the grip on the formotion pods and the spacing of it from the rest of the sole. btw i played with these outside on a clean enough court. so out of 10 i would get these a 9. the ankle support isnt the best but it feels good on ur ankles, similiar to XIV'S. so a 8.5 on that. traction i would give it a 8. style i would give it a 9.5, i fell in love with these when they first leaked pics. this shoe is a great adidas basketball shoe for the person who seeks ventillation and sleek and support wen driving to the lane.
TEAM KING KOOPA

LaDainianTomlinson06-07NFL MVP

^^since u got it, how does the cushioning compare to full length zoom air, any similarties between adiprene+ and full length zoom air

^ well it feeels a little bit near tha same but im not sure on the names of the adidas technology, but the midsoles crumble similar to zoom air and squishy. when you put these on they feel like soft and not stiff more of firm so it could be like zoom but it doesnt form into your foot.
TEAM KING KOOPA

is it the reliability of the TMAC VI's traction that is bad and incomparable to the 20.5.5 (i'd also like to put in LBJIV and Melo III, since Prof K. had them pretty high up on his list), or is it that the TMAC VI's traction plain out is not as good as some of the kix listed above

well the traction isnt bad but isnt great. its no where near the melo iii' the lb iv traction, but the traction feels better on the court. wen u rub ur hand thru it, it feels sorta slippery but when you play, you can feel the spacing of the formotion pods and the rest of the sole really help make for better traction. the traction on the pods are great. so the traction really isnt that bad.
TEAM KING KOOPA

so let's say if i used them outdoors, would it last as long or would it scrape out real fast (traction wise), and not playing in them 24-7

had anyone had any problems with the shoe cause blisters at first on the inside side of the foot...... i sometimes have this issue with addidas shoes...

thanks

I bought these a week ago with the 40% off, got them for 84.44 total. Blk/wht/red, and played in them Tuesday and Thursday. I am 5'10", 210 lb, cutter/slasher/pull up three's, 32 yoa. My current rotation is Answer IX, VC5, AZK1, Air Force Max (retro), New Balance 888. Here we go:

Fit and comfort- fit is normal. I wear a 10.5 in all of the above, and a 10.5 fit perfect. Comfort is unmatched. The inner is simple, no bootie, but lined with a silky smooth material through the mid-forefoot and a sort of cat-tongue lining in the heel. No movement or slippage of any kind. The ankle padding is molded and formed to fit under the ankle bone and mold to the heel area. There is almost no slippage even when the shoe is untied. Forefoot is medium width, a little more narrow than the A3 Decade, but not as narrow as the AZK1 or 2K4. 9.5/10

Cushioning- this is tricky. The forefoot cushioning is extremely good. Low to the ground, responsive, although not as good as VC5 or AZK, and feels very good. The heel cushioning is basically EVA and the sockliner. No adiprene. This feels dead when simply walking around. But when you run or play in them, the Formotion pods in the rear respond much like Shox. They compress and rebound in the midsole area. The forefoot also gains some responsiveness from the pods breaking in. This only takes about thirty minutes. But, I have toagree with Prof. K (Cyjack!!!): the shoe felt normal. Like an extension of your foot, but I wanted to be blown away by Formotion. It does the job, but nothing you really notice, which may be better. 8/10

Traction- like all adidas, this is the only semi-problem. As soon as adidas gigures out to quit making the edges of herringbone flat and point them (like Nike does), then the traction will be through the roof. As it is, it is only so-so on dusty courts, but on clean courts it is good. And since I play on a clean court, I say 8.5/10.

Overall, I would say this shoe is great for pg-sf, and some light pf, but not for bigger players. I rank it below my VC5 (perfect for me in every phase), and on par with my AZK. Great shoe, great looks, and materials and craftsmanship is leaps above Nike on every level.

Back
Top Bottom