~~~| Rick Ross - The Summers Mine [Jeezy Diss!] |~~~

I'm sorry, but I'm failing to understand how it doesn't matter if an artist is real, or what they did before they got on.  It matters a great deal.
Music (more specifically Hip Hop) is supposed to be about forming a connection with people, period.  Hip Hop used to be the voice for the voiceless.  And a true artist spends their time crafting songs to make people feel a certain way...to strike a chord emotionally, whether it be happy, sad, etc.  And if that connection that you made with your fans is based on some nonsense that you made up, then how in the hell is that acceptable?  It's really a total slap to the face of any person who considers themselves to be a fan of that artist.  

The counter argument is always... "Oh, so you want them to go be a real gangsta and shoot up some N's to prove they are real?" 
indifferent.gif

Only an idiot would actually feel that way.  What that artist SHOULD do to prove they are real, is talk about what is real to them and not make up stories.  How bout from jump, you talk about what's real.  Better yet...how about you get ON in the game by talking about what's real.  Oh yea... but that's the problem.  90% of these artists today wouldn't have a day job if they had to make music that was dope, catchy, entertaining, and about something real and not fabricated...because that would require actually having talent.  The only reason why some of these fraudulent N's can even make it in the game today is because our generation only appreciates stats, figures, and dollars. Apparently, it's now OK to make music that isn't genuine, as long as you are selling or if you get hit records on the radio, because that justifies it all.  

I just don't get that way of thinking.  And I don't want to  
grin.gif

Entertainment is fiction. Music is entertainment. Reality sprinkled in is acceptable but isn't required to be enjoyable.

I don't expect Scorsese to be a mob boss because he made those movies. And if you don't think making music is similar to making a movie to get an emotional response your crazy.

Bleu Davinci was "real" but he wasn't making good music in my opinion.

Entertainment is fiction. Music is entertainment. Reality sprinkled in is acceptable but isn't required to be enjoyable.

I don't expect Scorsese to be a mob boss because he made those movies. And if you don't think making music is similar to making a movie to get an emotional response your crazy.

Bleu Davinci was "real" but he wasn't making good music in my opinion.

Dude is a FAKE! But that basically sums up my thoughts on dude

I agree.

I'm sorry, but I'm failing to understand how it doesn't matter if an artist is real, or what they did before they got on.  It matters a great deal.
Music (more specifically Hip Hop) is supposed to be about forming a connection with people, period.  Hip Hop used to be the voice for the voiceless.  And a true artist spends their time crafting songs to make people feel a certain way...to strike a chord emotionally, whether it be happy, sad, etc.  And if that connection that you made with your fans is based on some nonsense that you made up, then how in the hell is that acceptable?  It's really a total slap to the face of any person who considers themselves to be a fan of that artist.  

The counter argument is always... "Oh, so you want them to go be a real gangsta and shoot up some N's to prove they are real?" 
indifferent.gif

Only an idiot would actually feel that way.  What that artist SHOULD do to prove they are real, is talk about what is real to them and not make up stories.  How bout from jump, you talk about what's real.  Better yet...how about you get ON in the game by talking about what's real.  Oh yea... but that's the problem.  90% of these artists today wouldn't have a day job if they had to make music that was dope, catchy, entertaining, and about something real and not fabricated...because that would require actually having talent.  The only reason why some of these fraudulent N's can even make it in the game today is because our generation only appreciates stats, figures, and dollars. Apparently, it's now OK to make music that isn't genuine, as long as you are selling or if you get hit records on the radio, because that justifies it all.  

grin.gif

Talk to 'em!!

Dude is a FAKE! But that basically sums up my thoughts on dude

I agree.

indifferent.gif

grin.gif

Talk to 'em!!

dude in pic looks like a fake hahahahahahahahaha.. um another thing is honor dude its like a war lost.the word loser hahahahahahaha whos on your side.yourself again..

dude in pic looks like a fake hahahahahahahahaha.. um another thing is honor dude its like a war lost.the word loser hahahahahahaha whos on your side.yourself again..

Back
Top Bottom