Ricky Rubio for Dummies...(Scouting Report)

Looking back on this thread, man was I wrong.

I expected bigger and better things from Rubio. As did many others.

But if you never learn how to spread the floor with your ability to shoot, your production will be hurt tremendously. #MagicJohnsonTweet

I still mess with dude though, but I am wondering if he is starting PG material

Damn homie is still so young, but I was never big on this dude from the get go... a little product of the foreign hype. 

His injuries have been a huge buzz kill.

But even with them and his busted jumper If one were to list the league's 30 starting PGs I would be interested to hear peoples' opinions on how many are ahead of him as a total player right now. I would say most would end up having him in the top 1/3, or close to it. That's basically right about where we expected his ceiling to be at this stage in his career.

IMO You can't really question whether he's "starting PG material" in the league - especially if you actually watch his games.

The man has to start leading his team to the playoffs though. Now.

Last edited:
IDK. IMO right now there are a couple of PGs that could do what he does as far as assisting and controlling the offense/flow of the game. While still having either a wet jumper or can get to the basket at will, which greatly diminished his value. He's probably better off on a team like Toronto. I haven't seen the Wolves at all this season so I don't know if Wiggins finally has a mid range jumper. But someone IMO with Rubio's game moreso needs a consistent free throw line jumper and/or a floater kind of like Tony Parker's arsenal.

Id place:

Paul

Lowry

Irving

Curry

Parker

Thomas

Wall 

Dame

Westbrook

All over Rubio....Some would and could argue Rondo, Conley, Dragic, Rose, and Teague....But I'd honestly prefer Rubio overall. If he gets that 3 popping, watch out.

Id place:

Paul
Lowry
Irving
Curry
Parker
Thomas
Wall 
Dame
Westbrook

All over Rubio....Some would and could argue Rondo, Conley, Dragic, Rose, and Teague....But I'd honestly prefer Rubio overall. If he gets that 3 popping, watch out.
Everyone on that top list is correct except for Parker..bro is super washed.

Back
Top Bottom