Ricky Rubio = Sebastian Telfair 2.0

Over hyped, peaked early, limited shooting range are their similarities..

I actually think Rubio is going to be a very poor man's Rajon Rondo if he comes to the NBA. He has more intangibles than Telfair.

Well he's gotta play in the NBA first to do that
grin.gif

Telfair WAS good though. Just rushed into the league too soon.

How do we know? It's pointless until we see it in an NBA system. Very few people thought Jennings would come from overseas and do what he did.

Rubio is 19 years old. We want to "figure out" how these guys are far too early. And yes we hype them far too early too.

Rubio's bigger than him and is a better defender in terms of creating turnovers.  I could see it definitly, and to be honest, I have no clue how Rubio will be a player.  I feel most people think he'll suck though just cause he's a  Euro though.  IDK, I'm rooting for the kid to succeed when he comes to Minnesota the NBA.

How do we know? It's pointless until we see it in an NBA system. Very few people thought Jennings would come from overseas and do what he did.

Rubio is 19 years old. We want to "figure out" how these guys are far too early. And yes we hype them far too early too.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

He was hyped way too early. But its expected because he had a 51 point 24 reb, 12 assists and 7 steal game in the fiba under 16 tourney a few yrs back...

I've seen him play a few times and he's shown zero signs of being able to score in the league.

He's shot 2 air balls from nba range in the 1st half today..

watching him now vs the lakers, and theres very little to be impressed with so far.

it seems obvious to me hes gonna be a scrub

When was Telfair good as a pro? Actually good. Not "he's HS PG to the NBA so you have to give some leeway" good.

He was hyped way too early. But its expected because he had a 51 point 24 reb, 12 assists and 7 steal game in the fiba under 16 tourney a few yrs back...

I've seen him play a few times and he's shown zero signs of being able to score in the league.

I don't think anyone has really cared though if he can be a 20 PPG player in the league. Rubio is simply a prospect who had shown an entertaining game at a very early age in a sport where PGs do not grow on trees. He has been overhyped just like everyone, yes. But I think anyone who knows ball knows he is still a teenager and is not even close to his prime. None of us have a clue what this dude is going to be doing at 27 years old or what system he will be in or what teammates he is going to have. I see your point tho dont get me wrong....no problems saying he's overhyped (as usual we have plenty of blogger idiots making players out to be Magic Johnson to help sell headlines) and might not make it that successfully. I've just always said let's wait and see.

he probably never make it to the league. like so many spanish players he's gonna stay in country, why leave fc barcelona, if you keep winning, making money. juan carlos navarro went back to spain, rudy fernandez wants to. and rubio had the chance to go to minnesota, be in the nba play against the best players in the league, but said no.

the moment he declined, that said enough for me, bout him being a +%%%+!*. he's just scared that people are gonna figure out that he's all hype

Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

he probably never make it to the league. like so many spanish players he's gonna stay in country, why leave fc barcelona, if you keep winning, making money. juan carlos navarro went back to spain, rudy fernandez wants to. and rubio had the chance to go to minnesota, be in the nba play against the best players in the league, but said no.

the moment he declined, that said enough for me, bout him being a +%%%+!*. he's just scared that people are gonna figure out that he's all hype
Or maybe he doesn't want to leave a beautiful country like Spain to play in Minnesota.

Or maybe he doesn't want to leave a beautiful country like Spain to play in Minnesota.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

maybe.. but then you already know he's not that much of a competitor/player. to be content with playing in barcelona. sure, it must be sweet to have the best team in europe, but i'd want to play against the best in the world

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

awaits for JPZ
laugh.gif

and im still on the bandwagon as well
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom