Ridiculous food prices

anyone else noticing this? its been absolutely crazy how expensive things have gotten in the past month and its not slowing down

how can a 2 day freeze in california and arizona cause vegetables to go up 3 times as much?
mean.gif

gonna have to build myself a greenhouse, i cant deal with this. it needs to warm up quick so i can start planting.......coppin more seeds so i dont have to go to the market/store ever.

still cheaper/better than eating the SAD (standard american diet) way

Don't really think you realize how many crops got decimated in that freeze. Produce prices are actually take this week compared to the past couple.

Why the **** does feta cheese cost so much breh?
Arizona's being $1.39 at 7/11 now
mean.gif
you shouldnt be eating/drinking that garbage anyway

im talking about real food. johnny i havent seen them come down from when they spiked up over a month ago. hell my japanese sweet potatoes just went up from last week
indifferent.gif
only thing that hasnt gone up a lot is carrots. i only buy organic too, normally im able to get good deals on vegetables but even my market vendor has had to raise prices. broccoli and lettuce is insane
mean.gif

on a good note my 15 lbs of dates shipped to me
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Be glad yall dont live in Europe. Everything costs more. And I mean everything. Food, clothes, shoes, electronics, you name it. So suck it up.

Be glad yall dont live in Europe. Everything costs more. And I mean everything. Food, clothes, shoes, electronics, you name it. So suck it up.
I absolutely hate responses like this. Clearly nobody in the states gives a rats *** what you are paying for in Europe. 

Have you seen wendys junior bacon cheese burger are like $1.29 now.... but seems like the quality got better!!!

calm down bruh, he has a right to vent tooooooooooooooooooo
I don't think it's venting at all. Every time a thread is created about gas or food prices by someone in the U.S. talking about the U.S. someone always has to come in talking about what prices are in Europe. Ain't nobody got time for that nor do we care. I'm just saying the obvious my dude. 

Why do the mcdonalds inside walmarts charge $2.50 for them chicken sandwiches and double cheese burgers when theyre $1 at regular mcdonalds?

Went to get a loaded griller at taco bell for 1.00.....its now 1.29!!

Walked into my local Taco Bell in NYC and I asked for one. dude said $1.93 after Tax. I hit him witht he stoneface. not the price but the priniple

Farmers who own huge holdings and who grow commodity crops (corn, wheat, soy, sugar) are doing great because they get all of the subsidies, protection from imports, high global prices when they export and a government that buys their stuff when demand falls.

Small family farms are struggling though, most of them have to supplement their farm income with other sources of income, usually from tourism or investment income or wages earned doing something else.

Forget about growing wine or fruit trees if you are not very well capitalized, it takes years for trees or vines to become productive and you can lose your crops in any given year and you cannot change what you are doing.

Growing vegetables gives you more options and lets you change quickly but prices fluctuate rapidly with them and if market prices are less than the cost of growing vegetables, Uncle Sam will not be their to buy it all up unlike the fat and happily subsidized corn farmer who never takes a loss.

I'm an economist and I own a vineyard so I have become pretty involved in the agro economy.

Last edited:
Oh, yah?

Poland is in Europe, right? When I was there last year, food was cheap as hell.

They also only earn about $800 USD/month there.

Prices are relative to wages.

Beer in bottles was like 75 US cents. 
laugh.gif

Huge bags of pretzels for 50 cents.
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom