Rio 2016

Is anyone going to Brazil for the Olympics this summer?

I'm planning out my trip now and it looks like most of the events are sold out through cosports.com (the authorized reseller for US buyers). Does anyone know any other legit third party reseller sites?

Would also love to hear anyone else's experience in Rio (tips, what to do, etc.)

Kinda late if youre planning this now. Good luck finding a place to stay.

We're good on finding a place to stay - still plenty of places available. Mainly looking for legit sites to buy event tickets and advice on what to do overall

Brazilian here. Too many people talking about the Zika virus here. Honestly, we couldn't care less about this. Don't even bother about the Olympics.
The political scenario is a vulcan about to erupt with all the high-profile politicians being accused of corruption, fraud, tax evasion, etc., etc. A president which is no more than a paperweight and is facing an impeachment in congress. A former president who was just nominated Chief of Staff just so he could avoid accusations of Tax Evasion (cabinet ministers can only be judged by the brazilian High Court). A senate majority whip who recently signed a deal and linked many cogressmen (including the senate and congress presidents) to corruption scandals in Brazil's state-run oil company (Petrobras). A construction company (Odebrecht) that this week leaked another list with pretty much the same names for having accepted illegal campaign donations. Major businessmen from construction companies and banks in jail. And the cherry on top are the immensely large pro and against government demonstrations with a general feeling of hatred in the population. Plus, economic growth and employment rates have been in an all-time low since the mid-90's; the middle-class is crawling back to the poverty line; taxes are gradually increasing and the government debt is going over the roof.

Tl;dr: Brazil is in the eye of a political storm, no way we're worrying about Zika or the Olympics.

Rio isn't the place to be this time of year. Just go to a bar in Washigton Heights and watch the games. It's the same experience with less political warfare

I was literally looking at places about 2 weeks ago. I think it's cool. > $700 for a round trip from LA and air b n b about 40 a night. I didn't really wanna see any events but I'm sure it's still gonna be poppin. I believe they are also waving the whole visa thing for those dates as well

Back
Top Bottom