RIP Biz Markie

Just got home from karaoke in ktown with my uncle / cousin n some of my uncles friends (***** music stu ifykyk) . Found out about his passing earlier today , ended up spitting a beatbox at the end of the night before my uncle dipped with his friends n their ladies . Not sure if anyone else knew , but it was sparked by Biz . Was 2 mics in our room , everyone was singing and **** all night (was one girl working there who had legit xhops but I didn’t get her info- I’m sure she’ll be there bext time) - but right at the end I busted out a beatbox and my cousin spit a flow over my beatbox . They were all leaving and maybe 1 or 2 people were still lingering as they were all shuffling out to go to another party that is 100% still going right now . My cuzzo doesn’t do that **** , rap n all that but he felt the vibe n hit some lines here n there .

man - it was magic to me . Highlight of the night for me . Made everything today (yesterday?) worth it

Biz brought an spirited comedic presence and authentic original personalit to this culture of hip hop . They always talk about comedy and tragedy . The two types or w/e in the western world . He wasn’t full of himself and he knew who he was - fully
Embraced it , and you could tell/relate through his WORKS OF ART . Great artist - rapper , beatboxeijg extraordinaire and just a musical machine . Always seemed like a lowkey legend to me growing up . Wish I got to meet him . I Will some day , right ??

its 4:26 in LA , just got home earlier and in the side room to not wake my wife while watching his vids . Gonna try to catch some sleep and finish the godfather (for the millionth time) with my grandfather and then catch all the vids (that some of yall posted) and more that I’ve dug up around the Interweb .

bumpin his work all week , and gonna figure out the chords to “just a friend” and spit his words while playing em on oiano . Powerful man with powerful music . Just a friend . . . What a jolly way to explore a sad truth - for anyone who’s encountered the darker sides of romance .

Was told by an elder that some big named singer was supposed to sing the hook and flaked on his studi session , so he just sang the chorus himself since he was over waiting on her . his crooning tone made it into a true hit . He has loads of hits . Every beatboxer/emcee should study+know his work

RIP to a true hip hop boom bap legend man . So much garbage circulating right now , it makes me sick lol and I don’t care to touch on it outside of this sentence . Sucks that he left - but I know he’s up thee withthe greats and my cousin/ friends who are up there welcoming him home .

bit tipsy - ain’t editing **** tho , so take a number in line and wait to sue me - to all the karens onNT

I know he’s spitting a beatbox with the rest of the Gods are flowing over it .

RIP biz markie , we gonna keep hip hop light , lively and REAL just like you and your peers who created this world/culture/WORLD did . I feel Crazy posting this **** on the other interweb lol
GN and RIP for the third fken time man .
——-
Pls take the time to listen to at least one song , just a friend is his “hit” but there’s a plethora of others man - real talk , he was a real one . So relatable and real it’s crazy

RIP BIZ MARKIE

Back
Top Bottom