RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

All those guys aren't just "imitating" 90's rap tho, they are making a sound of music that is needed. Every ***** can't be in the booth making records guided towards teens, they help provide a balance for cats who wanna hear thatrap ( And i'm not a huge fan of none of those *****s) but that's an integral part of NY culture & someone gotta continue that.
Yeah, how many singy _'s do people want? Gotta have some balance.

YG and School Boy don't get played on the east? That's false, I'm on the East coast. Dave East ain't making much noise outside of NY yet and **** with him, hope he does but he hasn't.

And you can't say minus Kendrick when you're talking about popularity. Kendrick is reaching legendary status. So whether it's popularity or quality Cali has NY beat.

(Long Read)

If you’re from the “East Coast”, remember HipHop geography doesn’t consider DC/VA/MD east coast. But if you do consider that east coast, then the east coast is really winning in terms of music. I’ll claim VA all day if that’s the case for “east coast” music.

But if you’re going to name Kendrick, then why are you putting it like Jay Z is doing nothing with his life? 4:44 “TO ME” is a better album then D.A.M.E. A Jay feature holds more weight then a Kendrick or Drake feature, and he’s about to go on a huge tour this summer that will sellout in every major city. Jay trumps anyone from any region of the United States.

Other NY rappers like Fab & Jada dropped a fire joint album together. Remy Ma is the best female lyrical rapper that’s rapping right now. When Nicki comes back you know she’ll be on point. Flat Bush Zombies are gonna release their album next week. A$AP Ferg had a good album a couple of months ago, the A$AP Mobb is moving units still and are scene everywhere including a few high fashion magazines.

Cassanova, 2 Milly, Bobby Smurda, Young MA, Desiigner, and Phresher to name a few all had billboard top 10 hits if not billboard #1 hits within the past 3-4 years. So the east coast (NY) is definitely doing it’s thing right now. You have legends (Jay Z), hall of famers (Fab & Jada), and up and comers (Joey Badass & A Boogie) are all holding it down for city.

If you say others wise you’re just hating on New York as a whole.

(Long Read) If you’re from the “East Coast”, remember HipHop geography doesn’t consider DC/VA/MD east coast. But if you do consider that east coast, then the east coast is really winning in terms of music. I’ll claim VA all day if that’s the case for “east coast” music. But if you’re going to name Kendrick, then why are you putting it like Jay Z is doing nothing with his life? 4:44 “TO ME” is a better album then D.A.M.E. A Jay feature holds more weight then a Kendrick or Drake feature, and he’s about to go on a huge tour this summer that will sellout in every major city. Jay trumps anyone from any region of the United States. Other NY rappers like Fab & Jada dropped a fire joint album together. Remy Ma is the best female lyrical rapper that’s rapping right now. When Nicki comes back you know she’ll be on point. Flat Bush Zombies are gonna release their album next week. A$AP Ferg had a good album a couple of months ago, the A$AP Mobb is moving units still and are scene everywhere including a few high fashion magazines. Cassanova, 2 Milly, Bobby Smurda, Young MA, Desiigner, and Phresher to name a few all had billboard top 10 hits if not billboard #1 hits within the past 3-4 years. So the east coast (NY) is definitely doing it’s thing right now. You have legends (Jay Z), hall of famers (Fab & Jada), and up and comers (Joey Badass & A Boogie) are all holding it down for city. If you say others wise you’re just hating on New York as a whole.

Dawg Jay is from a whole different era than everybody else were talking about. :lol:

DC and Maryland ain't really considered anything as far as Hip Hop cuz there is no DC and MD Hip Hop sound but DC and MD is the East coast. Virginia is the South, Virginia culture is nothing like DC and MD. Within Maryland itself people have different accents and different local music.

Cali is better than the South now too, I guess Ima southern too. :lol:

Last edited:
Cas got a couple songs I rock with but yeah he is kinda trash

That Set Trippin song is terrible to me

All those guys aren't just "imitating" 90's rap tho, they are making a sound of music that is needed. Every ***** can't be in the booth making records guided towards teens, they help provide a balance for cats who wanna hear thatrap ( And i'm not a huge fan of none of those *****s) but that's an integral part of NY culture & someone gotta continue that.
Thank you.

Also, it bothers me that the same ****** will praise Kendrick but **** on bronson as if Kendrick is doing something profound.

Ya biggest artist on the west coast sounds no different in bar structure than someone like pun...before ppl pour dust on my post, welcome to nyc 20 years ago with that Kendrick ****.

We've been the gold standard since the mid 70s with this rap **** we invented. Fym.

And griselda records catalog has got to be the most consistent in the last decade or whatever.
****** sleep but that's on you. The bars and production are there if you're not into this bicurious, Pokemon go, purple dread, opiate loving, sagging too small *** joggers generation.

NY is the move right now.
Bars. Check. Conway, benny, eto, nems, east, etc.
You like boom bap. Check. Griselda records.
Drill? BK runs it right now. Better bars and flow than Chicago. Yeah I said it. Sheff G, etc.
**** aimed at the females, cardi has that and kyah baby could be up next. Plus Nicki.
Trap/sing song ****? French, a boogie have that.
Trap boom bap mix? Dave east and don q.
Weirdo ****? Sos mula and that other ***** and 69.
Plus fab and jada and jay still drop music.

Our **** is for everyone. The west coast has a certain sound that can be an acquired taste. Everybody isn't trying to hear a while nipsey tape in the east but no one here can say that the world, including your region in this country wasn't or isn't ******* with ny hip hop. Period.

Turn on flavor in your ear remix or all I need or phantasy remix qith odb or honey remix or the Kim and Mary joint in a crowd anywhere in the West or the south and watch the reaction.

All I know is NY ****** all on the countdown right now, so...

That west coast **** doesn't reach as far as some of you want.

And fwiw I'm not even a fan of some of the **** dropping but it is what it is. Cardi and 69 are hot. Jay just had a run. It's not even summer yet. You know some reggaeton influenced **** is coming out of NY that's going to top the charts. Watch.

You can say that about any region. More than half of the music you listen don't reach here either. Only ******* who care about music know the name Conway and Benny :lol:

Wasn't talking about them when I was talking about music that reaches outside of the tristate.

I meant **** like cardi, a boogie, 69, french, Nicki Minaj, jay. We know it's not a tristate thing because look at billboard. Look at the Grammys.

Kendrick gets airplay in all regions. So does French and cardi and Nicki and jay...

French had a huge single. Cardi has had huge singles. Obviously Nicki had. We aren't including them or something now when we talk about NY having a buzz regardless of region?

Dawg Jay is from a whole different era than everybody else were talking about. :lol:

DC and Maryland ain't really considered anything as far as Hip Hop cuz there is no DC and MD Hip Hop sound but DC and MD is the East coast. Virginia is the South, Virginia culture is nothing like DC and MD. Within Maryland itself people have different accents and different local music.

Cali is better than the South now too, I guess Ima southern too. :lol:

Doesn't make sense to me

DC and MD culture is nothing like Jersey or Philly, so are DC and MD the south?

People in DC sound countrier than the city parts of Virginia.

The hip hop definition of east and west was always ridiculous to me.

There is no south coast. Dc is in the south and it's ok for the south to embrace it's diversity.

The south has country areas but then there's atl, clt, new Orleans, Houston, dc, etc. Just like the north has NYC, Boston, Philly, jersey city, etc but also small towns nobody cares or knows about.

As someone that's lived on both coasts, the east coast, regardless of region, all have similarities that the west doesn't have. And obviously vice versa. The entire eastern seaboard is the east coast.

Put it this way, has socal contributed to hop hop? Would that be considered south west? No it's just west.

Doesn't make sense to me

DC and MD culture is nothing like Jersey or Philly, so are DC and MD the south?

People in DC sound countrier than the city parts of Virginia.
The city of Virginia is filled with people from DC though. DC ain't like NY and it's not southern culture. It has its own culture. Just like places in the Midwest. They got their own accents, slang and ways.

School Boy Q has prob sold more records than all these lame new NY dudes.

Back
Top Bottom