RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Alc just dropped complete fire with Curren$y a month back tho. Let's not act like his sound is dated or isn't innovative because it isn't the popular mainstream sound right now.

I like Metro ****, but everything can't be that sound or it becomes trash real quick. I pray that future continues to diversify his producers.

This era of hiphop just seems to not want to have any diversity at all, it's almost as if it's not the hot thing at the moment dudes don't rock with it, and the second something else hot is out whatever dudes were championing before is considered completely obsolete.

There's a reason some producers rock for 2-3 years and others last decades and the difference is that they developed a style instead of doing what was "hot" at the moment.

This is why rap trash now

Zero respect for its legends

You can respect someone's contributions and still say that musically it sounds trash in 2016. At least in my opinion.

Never said I didn't respect Alc's contributions I'm just not tryna hear that **** man we in the future.

You about to go ball in some Chuck Taylor's just because Wilt Chamberlain did?

No you gonna respect what it was for that era and go pull out some KD's/LeBrons/Kobes/whatever.

Here dude go again. :lol:

First Premo, now ALC. Compared their beats to Chuck Taylor's. Terrible comparison. :lol:

Their beats are like the Jordan's from the 90's with the great quality and you can ball in them and they won't fall apart.

Alc's catalog is ridiculous

so many tracks i didnt even know he produced until years later

Styles P feat. Angie Stone "Black Magic"  came on shuffle the other day

pimp.gif

I understand if ALC beats aren't your cup of tea, but why would you want to put Future in a box like that?

That just hinders creativity

So I can't just not like the ****** beats?

Get off his ****. 
laugh.gif

Disclaimer though I haven't listened to any Alchemist beats in a minute.

Alc just dropped complete fire with Curren$y a month back tho. Let's not act like his sound is dated or isn't innovative because it isn't the popular mainstream sound right now.

I like Metro ****, but everything can't be that sound or it becomes trash real quick. I pray that future continues to diversify his producers.

This era of hiphop just seems to not want to have any diversity at all, it's almost as if it's not the hot thing at the moment dudes don't rock with it, and the second something else hot is out whatever dudes were championing before is considered completely obsolete.

There's a reason some producers rock for 2-3 years and others last decades and the difference is that they developed a style instead of doing what was "hot" at the moment.
I'm tired of Metro reusing those same Jumpman drums for 6 months too.

Which is why I said have Zay and Organized Noize produce with  Metro overseeing the sound of the entire project to keep it modern.

And the only producer to have a run and fall off like that in the 2010's is Lex. Because everyone took his style. He and T-Minus/40 the most influential producers over how rap sounds RN.

ALC always has, always will put out great beats.
pimp.gif
That last one is dusty but that MMG joint is hot.

Miss that era of MMG's music when it was more about lavish beats instead of regurgitated trap.

My L he do still got some hot **** though. 
laugh.gif
 Now I wanna peep the Currensy joint.

Last edited:
I also don't think A$AP Mob gets enough credit for making NYC rap.. when in all actuality they have made some of the better NYC material of the past few years, even when they use retro sounds

ALC always has, always will put out great beats. :pimp:

That last one is dusty but that MMG joint is hot.

Miss that era of MMG's music when it was more about lavish beats instead of regurgitated trap.

My L he do still got some hot **** though. :lol:  Now I wanna peep the Currensy joint.
Master piece theater
Yacht rock
Russian roulette
Covert coup
The good book
Israeli salad
Cutting room floor 3
Step brothers
Blood of the goat
Junkyard fight scene
Spudnik Webb

I also don't think A$AP Mob gets enough credit for making NYC rap.. when in all actuality they have made some of the better NYC material of the past few years, even when they use retro sounds

Agreed. People can say what they want about them "jacking styles" (which I actually don't think they do), but they've made a lot of really good music since they popped up. Rocky's debut tape and the ASAP Mob tape are some fantastic tapes

ASAP wont ever get credit & its ashamed really. Them dudes are STILL making pretty good music. Rocky had my 2nd favorite album last year. And im lowkey kinda shocked how no one commented on them Westside Gunn & Conway songs posted a page or 2 back. Them jawns were all fire & yall just ignored them then wonder why NY hip hop dead :smh:

I never considered ASAP as jacking styles. Them ***** are NY true and true. What they did was cleverly play on nostalgia...and use flows and sounds that were forgotten in hip hop....while still being largely original and introducing their own sound. Interpolation if you will.

I don't rock with Rocky's newer stuff...but dude was a breath of fresh air when he hit the scene. Some of the first words we heard from him was "I be that prett mother-******" HARLEM's what I'm reppin"

That's how it's done :pimp:

A$AP gets love. They got the vintage NY sound and slang. I dig it and Ferg's album and mixtape were hard as ****. Rocky getting real weird and fem, his last album was garbage. They do have that southern influence though. I still want an A$AP album.

Asap last album was fire.... Idk what yall talkin bout lol. And once again them dudes got looked over :lol:

Last edited:
I liked 5-6 songs off that album out of 18. That's a pile of **** to me. Bought it for $1.99 from Best Buy and still feel played.

Back
Top Bottom