RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

That's the thing It's not like cats ain't been getting laced by Harry Fraud and coming up with bangers.... but while the songs got a couple of plays from the Dj's & in the clubs at the end of the day those beats just don't sound good in a mix with 5 trap beats played right before it.

That's what i was getting at earlier, NYC still has a lot of talent and fire artist, this isn't like when we first made the switch to the south and NYC rappers were just straight up copying the south or tryna do straight fake "golden era" tracks. There's a big pot of artist who have found a unique pocket & our still authentic to NYC.

the problem is that for a lot of them, it may not be the song thats gonna blast off on radio or in the clubs, because mainstream rap doesn't allow for much to heat up that doesn't sound like everything else. Like Cardi B is as authentic representation of NYC your gonna find, but she had to use the Kodak flow & a trap beat to get her sound out because that's what mainstream hiphop accepts.

French is another glaring example of a hood NYC *****.... his tapes and album cuts are littered with a more grimey sound reminiscent of NYC, but the radio & clubs don't gravitate towards that so you get an unforgettable or pop that.

Example these dudes (obviously not the ***** throwin forks up) are from my hood, **** the second rapper is literally Alpo's Son :lol: i don't think it gets more NYC than that... they both have music more NYC centric but again the songs that pick up obviously fit more with the current popular sounds

Last edited:
isnt that alpo son? i saw a video on BX of him getting @ someone for calling his pops a rat lol

that track not bad tho

I've had this discussion too many times on here & i'm not doing it again.... NYC is the only ones in this era who are told they can't use the current landscape of rap music. Not to mention when artist from NYC make "traditional" sounding NYC rap there told their stuck in the past.

Either way all this summer

Twelvy
Ferg
A$AP Mob
Dave East
Bronson
Cardi B
Don Q
A Boogie
Desiigner

All extremely representative of NYC and various different sounds from each project. NYC is in a great spt

Just offering my opinion. I listen to like half of those artists, mainly Dave East and Bronson...some Rocky/Ferg when I'm in the mood. Just saying that sounds like a drill song.

Where's Troy Ave too?

C81297C7-3CA3-4BF4-B192-EEC224E623BF-218-00000063443FC477.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom