RIP Nipsey Hussle

The fact that some of you still trying to argue positives of being gang affiliated in 2019 just blows my mind.

Hows the bangin lifestyle worked out for Chris Brown, Tekashi, Suge, Game, Jeezy, Fab, Weezy, Pac and just about any other entertainer claiming any gang affiliation at all. From shootouts, fights, extortion, constant death threats nobody is immune to the negativity that comes from set claiming. Hell even NBA players like Zach Randolph, Demarr Derozn, Jaavaris Crittenton all have experienced loss and tragedy due to gang affiliation.

Someone please school me on all the great things that come from set claiming.

The fact that some of you still trying to argue positives of being gang affiliated in 2019 just blows my mind.

Hows the bangin lifestyle worked out for Chris Brown, Tekashi, Suge, Game, Jeezy, Fab, Weezy, Pac and just about any other entertainer claiming any gang affiliation at all. From shootouts, fights, extortion, constant death threats nobody is immune to the negativity that comes from set claiming. Hell even NBA players like Zach Randolph, Demarr Derozn, Jaavaris Crittenton all have experienced loss and tragedy due to gang affiliation.

Nobody said it's this super positive thing that has no negatives. Many people join for protection. Stop thinking everybody is joining gangs just to do it.

The argument is that a lot of gangbanging is virtually inevitable depending on your environment, not that there are positives to it.

Reading Tookie's memoir it's not difficult to understand the circumstances that allow gangbanging to flourish

And I'm from NY where honestly it's always felt like a choice, not standard procedure. I mean we tended to look at the kids who were in gangs differently (and don't get me wrong, there were gangs aplenty)

Nothing great comes from it just Prison and Death

Nobody said it's this super positive thing that has no negatives. Many people join for protection. Stop thinking everybody is joining gangs just to do it.
That is the most angering/saddening part as nobodies joined for protection from police for years. Ya gotta join to be safe from or around your own people smh.

That is the most angering/saddening part as nobodies joined for protection from police for years. Ya gotta join to be safe from or around your own people smh.
It's just a reality of the hood. Strength in numbers.

The argument is that a lot of gangbanging is virtually inevitable depending on your environment, not that there are positives to it.

Reading Tookie's memoir it's not difficult to understand the circumstances that allow gangbanging to flourish

And I'm from NY where honestly it's always felt like a choice, not standard procedure. I mean we tended to look at the kids who were in gangs differently (and don't get me wrong, there were gangs aplenty)[/QUOTE

Tookie died almost 15 years ago and grew up in the 70’s. So why are kids still not seeing that nothing positive comes from that lifestyle?

How are we here in 2019 outraged by this senseless killing, but still somehow accepting of the lifestyle that contributed?

Tookie died almost 15 years ago and grew up in the 70’s. So why are kids still not seeing that nothing positive comes from that lifestyle?

How are we here in 2019 outraged by this senseless killing, but still somehow accepting of the lifestyle that contributed?
Life doesn't work with this kind of logic.

Lies

d946b843cee199249be7bb3e2f47c829.jpg

only built 4 Cuban Linx which is probably da best Wu-Tang album ever outside of their debut is a depiction of romanticization of a criminal and greedy and capitalistic with immortal intentions organization love letter.

It's just a reality of the hood. Strength in numbers.
That's the sadness part that's it's just a reality of the hood. The anger part is there really is strength in numbers but in fighting keeps us separated. I grew up in an east coast hood and while we didn't have crips and bloods when I was growing up there were street gangs and that neighborhood turf beef was a thing.

Last edited:
Americans in general not just the black community have always looked up to the outlaws, many live vicariously through them. Whether it's the golden age of Piracy with Pirates like Blackbeard, Calico Jack Rackham and Anne Bonny, Mary Read. To Prohibition era gangster era of Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, Meyer Lansky to more recent era of Colombian and Mexican Cartel heads and Narcotraffickers

White Supremacy anyone? I find it interesting how all of this jibber jabber about personal responsibility is being touched upon, yet why gangs are allowed to flourish has everything to do with this system of oppression. Mexican gangs have got to know now that they are Black, due to Donald Trump. You’d be in the back of the bus too! Welcome to America folks! Land of the free, and the home of the brave...if you are white. Do you think that he wants to close those borders up north?!

Last edited:
He's calling everyone emotional but got the most asterisks on his posts lol

:lol: This is funny considering I was one of the few ****** in here co-signing your sentiments. These asterisks are the word ***** which I use a lot...of that makes me emotional...I’ll buy it. But sure...piggy back off the same ***** who keeps coming back to NT with a new screen name, a different gimmick, a whole different alleged life story. Now he got ****** in game with some fake eqyptian bull**** that only works on ppl that don’t know his history here.

This thread should be a memorial to the great Nipsey Hussle. I went on a YouTube binge the other day and realized I missed all the fire he had out the past few months. I was digging his trend of making part 2’s and 3’s for his songs. I don’t know how his homie Buddy feel knowing that there won’t be a Status Symbol 4.

We can talk about the bigger problem somewhere else where we can turn it into action and create change out of it. We can continue Nip’s work by helping out the community. Arguing about it over here ain’t gonna change much. NT is the vessel where there’s educated folks and street folks who are like minded, we can do something about it

White Supremacy anyone? I find it interesting how all of this jibber jabber about personal responsibility is being touched upon, yet why gang are allowed to flourish has everything to do with this system of oppression. Mexican gangs have got to know now that they are Black, due to Donald Trump. You’d be in the back of the bus too! Welcome to America folks! Land of the free, and the home of the brave...if you are white. Do you think that he wants to close those borders up north?!

Are you in the right thread? We are talking about a man who had the odds against him and elevated past the negativity to become successful. Nipsey was the American dream.

Also why the hell would you think that gangs are flourishing?

And this **** realer than life when you raised so ****ed up you start feeling this right
When you seen so much death you start dealing with Christ
If you ever make it out you give em different different advice
Put my truth in this music hope I'm givin' em light
Just another flawed human trying to get this **** right
Love a strong passion but resist it with pride
Too much honor in my heart to let that mickey **** fly
750li count another hunnid thou while I ride
Stonewashed Faraga like peanut butter on ride
Real **** a ***** touchin' the sky everyday I wake up I refine
You see me drinking alkene
By any means I gave you a design
I even titled it I put it on my part of the shine
Keep **** going every morning I try
Long as it's late model foreign I'm fine
Lot of pain don't expect me to cry
Lot of fails still expect me to try
I'm from the gang they expect me to die

:lol: This is funny considering I was one of the few *****s in here co-signing your sentiments. These asterisks are the word ***** which I use a lot...of that makes me emotional...I’ll buy it. But sure...piggy back off the same ***** who keeps coming back to NT with a new screen name, a different gimmick, a whole different alleged life story. Now he got *****s in game with some fake eqyptian bull**** that only works on ppl that don’t know his history here.

It just looks a type of way when the only posts you make here are posts cussing dudes out for being soft and emotional lol

But it's all love

And BTW yeah I'm not believing Tookie founded the Crips to defend against police. It was defense for sure, but against previous gangs.

Screenshot_20190403-183011_Amazon Kindle.jpg

Screenshot_20190403-184105_Amazon Kindle.jpg

He also speaks on how he and every other youth in the area developed the misguided mindset that other young blacks were the enemy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom