RIP Norm Van Lier and Johnny Red Kerr. Both die on same day Bulls fans.

frown.gif
Wow. What a horrible day for bulls fans. Two of the most importantpeople to the organization Norm Van lier and Red both died today! I'm very saddened by this. Both of these guys did so much for the bulls and cared aboutthe team more than anything. Both were emotional and had a passion for the game and bulls. Red and Norm were awesome in their analysis and enthusiasm and mademy time watching the Bulls a lot more fun. Norm was an all star player and great analyst and Red was a player coach and announcer. classic Norm! http://www.youtube.com/wa...N0Mk&feature=related
48 minutes of intensity with attitude! RIP

Yea, was about to make a post about it since I'm a basketball buff and all, played for the team he announced for. Also, Red was probably one of few whowatched all of Mj's games as a Bull, yup means from his first game against Washington as a rookie to his last against Utah, and he was like what ChickHearn was to the Lakers franchise to put into perspective, R.I.P.

And as Bulls fan, you knew what Van Lier brought, the intensity on D and agression he played with, and how his career was mostly centered as a Bull, againR.I.P. to both

This is just as bad when Chick Hearn passed away back in the summer of 2002 right after the last Lakers last championship .

RIP sad day to be a Bulls fan. i can still remember Red dropping the "ring it up" after every three. Kerr just got his statue too, RIP

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

are those the Bulls announcers?? how did they both die on the same day?
eek.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif
Norm did the pre and post game shows for the Bulls. He also played for them in the early to mid 70's. He was a 3 time All-Star, and multipleAll Defensive team member. No one in this city had more passion for Bulls basketball than Stormin Normin. Norm was going through some health problems, butnothing major. His passing is shocking.

Johnny "red" Kerr was a former coach and announcer for the Bulls. Red was the color analyst during the glory years in the 90's. People forget howgood of a ball player he was. Had it not been for Wilt, Red might've been the best center in the league during his time. Johnny battled with prostatecancer until he passed away. He stopped accouncing Bulls' games before the season.

Sad, sad day. Two of the biggest Chicago, and Bulls fans have moved on to a better place.

aww damn man..this is crazy..i loved these guys and like most chicagoans grew up on them..what a day
frown.gif

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

are those the Bulls announcers?? how did they both die on the same day?
eek.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif
Norm did the pre and post game shows for the Bulls. He also played for them in the early to mid 70's. He was a 3 time All-Star, and multiple All Defensive team member. No one in this city had more passion for Bulls basketball than Stormin Normin. Norm was going through some health problems, but nothing major. His passing is shocking.

Johnny "red" Kerr was a former coach and announcer for the Bulls. Red was the color analyst during the glory years in the 90's. People forget how good of a ball player he was. Had it not been for Wilt, Red might've been the best center in the league during his time. Johnny battled with prostate cancer until he passed away. He stopped accouncing Bulls' games before the season.

Sad, sad day. Two of the biggest Chicago, and Bulls fans have moved on to a better place.
aww man..
frown.gif
thanks for explaining. keep your head upBulls fans.. us Laker fans went through this when Chick died. You can't ever replace legendary voices
tired.gif

As a lifelong Chicagoan, I grew up watching these two. They both had so much passion for Bulls basketball...I'm just in complete shock right now that notonly both are gone, but on the same day. Completely shocked and saddened.

Man,I am trying to not get emotional
frown.gif
...that whole era was such a bigpart of my childhood,it feels like someone in my family has passed.Especially with Mr.Kerr,watching WGN/Channel 9,the voice,seeing Mike clap his Powder in hisface everygame,lol.Norm being as passionate about this team as if he was still playing for them...it is def. a big loss.I am extremely lucky to be born andraised in Chicago!

I wasn't aware that Mr Kerr had passed also, I saw an NBA channel scroll across the bottom of the screen about Mr. Van Lier, but it didn't say anythingabout Mr Kerr. Both will be missed, like others have said on here, Mr. Kerr made 5 oclok at my California home enjoyable on a nightly basis during the NBAseason. I can still hear him now.... "GOOOOOOOODDDDDDD!!!"

R.I.P. guys!!

really sad. i feel for you bulls fans and as a fan of the NBA general, i feel the loss too. RIP

Back
Top Bottom