RIP REGGIE E HOLLOWAY (HOUSTON/sneakerheads enter) A FELLOW NTer

damn RIP
frown.gif

I honestly can't believe dude is gone. That's Uptowns.net family right there. Been kicking it with him since 06/07.
smh.gif

Man, this was a good guy. I lurk in the high-end thread from time to time and he was always helping out people. RIP

Rest In Peace - I contacted Premium Goods and Jen said she'll get in touch with Brian from H-Town Sneaker Summit and set up a display of his collection @ the next summit, in remembrance.

Showing love & respect from Columbia, SC.

I sold my Black History Month AF1's to Reggie last Summer, cool dude...he called/texted me everyday to make sure I didn't steal his money, lol.

You will be missed.

R.I.P - Mr. Air Force One.

Here's a group I made on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/p...419788161&view=user#!/group.php?gid=397419788161

frown.gif

Damn I didn't know he was young, how old was he? I visit the AF1 thread a lot and always saw all his crazy AF1 collection.

RIP
frown.gif

I'm still tearing up after this, this is some bull for real and I can't help how i feel.

Reggie always gave me mad hope, seein him out at the events or camping out with the rest of us, despite his respirator issues. Dude loved the culture and got nothin but love locally. Mad dudes respected him and it wasn't just out of pity for being different.

I remember the first sneaker summit i went to, winter 2007 with my bestfriends at the time, both are out of my life now. We were outside kickin it before leaving and I saw reggie arrive, roasted him for a sec and chopped it up with him really quick...my female friend snapped a pic and this is it:
1zf0tx0.jpg

the funny thing is my friend on the right was putting his cigarette out because of reggie's respirator, mind you he's one of the most hard headed people out there and he put out a cig for a kid he didn't know.

The thing that is botherin me about this pic right now is the fact that 3/4 people involved in it aren't in my life anymore, which only leaves me.
-Reggie is the reason for the cigarette being put out, who just passed away;
-DJ was smoking the cig (and this was 2 days after he had just gotten arrested for armed robbery with an illegal weapon), he is out of my life because he went over the edge recently and was put into a mental inst. by his parents, long story short he's psychotic, but anyways this was a hard time in my life when it happened because i was worried for my dude and felt at fault for not picking up the phone the day he robbed them people;
-and the 3rd person, who took the pic, is Minnie who fell in love with some idiot way older than her that made her reject her entire past life to the point of not having a single friend anymore, or cellphone/contact with the outer world. She was DJ's baby momma too, and we all were 3 bestfriends in a band blah blah

The pic above really has me thinking about my past and how those you love can dissappear so fast. It's heart breaking for real..I mean, the pic is so basic, boring I know, but at the same time it's relevance to me is tremendous. We went to the summit right after my boy got caught for armed robbery so we could talk and get our minds off things...and just happened to freeze this ^^^^^ interaction between people in time. glad I didn't delete it. Sorry if I'm taking up space but I just need to reflect for a second.

Long story short, Reggie's death has helped me reflect on some things in my past..I hope to come at peace soon so the tears can stop flowing but I know his family is in a much worse position than I am. I hope they can make it out of this.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Man this is sad. Got kinda teary eyed lookin at his profile. He just posted a few days ago and today he's gone. Death.............. it's inevitable. It's scary man like.....One day I'm outa here too.
smh.gif
no joke. and this may be a sad way to honor someone but I'm busting out an unworn pair friday in his honor, and another DS pair this weekend.

time to break free , wear that rare stuff, and enjoy life.

RIP

Back
Top Bottom