RIP to "da hood" ? educated young adults moving back to the inter city

I hate it.  The hospital in my dad's neighborhood is bringing in lots of residents.  They used to leave but now they're staying.  Landlords using every dirty trick in the book or waiting for people to slip up to get their black and hispanic tenants out in favor of these new white and asian people.

The culture of the neighborhood was firmly west indian and now its shifting.  J'ouvert not even the same any more.  labor day get shut down in one day, parties don't go all night like it used to.

saddening.

cities have always been better than suburbs, if you have plenty of money anyways.
This unless you want that big backyard and things like that. It's not as plentiful in the city as in the burbs but outside of that city life all day if you got the $$$

All it means is more opportunities if you're an entrepreneur or business savvy... :smokin

Suburbs >>

This will tear the culture right out of the cities though.

No racial, but if a bunch of white people move in and they start kicking all the minorities out, all the the "culture" and "urbanism" that they find so appealing and interesting will leave as well.

There needs to be a sense of balance, but that will never happen.

Gentrification is all a cycle man and yuppies are apart of it. It's not the end of da hood it'll just relocate for the time being, word to Chitown.

Gentrification is all a cycle man and yuppies are apart of it. It's not the end of da hood it'll just relocate for the time being, word to Chitown.
Exactly. Compton is technically a suburb. When the hood comes through it creates a metropolis.

Last edited:
been seeing more and more hippies in my neighborhood, Oak Cliff, i dont like it...

but them white hippie chicks, oh mayne :smile:

Last edited:
its merely other places trying to duplicate da success of NYC...

yeah, because there's no way they could have looked at any of the 100's of city's in the world that have successfully completed an urban regeneration plan.

They simply want to be NYC.

That's it.

its merely other places trying to duplicate da success of NYC...
yeah, because there's no way they could have looked at any of the 100's of city's in the world that have successfully completed an urban regeneration plan.

They simply want to be NYC.

That's it.
duh, NYC is da greatest city in da united states...period.

if it meant getting all the hood boogers out of my neighborhood , i'd personally help em move in ....

and show up at every house warming party ......

they move to the suburbs. been happening like cray in dc 

it still blows my mind seeing how fast the development happened in the Noma portion of the district. when i lived in the city for school there wasnt much there, now its like 5 straight blocks of big *** office buildings and luxury apartments, with rents going for $2500+ 
sick.gif

Last edited:
The funny thing about gentrification is the hood cats stay robbing the yuppies until the cops go extermination mode and start profiling any and every minority

Back
Top Bottom