Road trip or fly

never been on a long road trip but thinking of saving money and driving vs flying
The drive is 8 hours or spend 2500 on plane tickets for 8 people
People say the trip is long and not much to look at. But was thinking about powering through it to save 2-3k, tickets and then renting a car.
Thoughts?

Where are you going?
8 people..2 Cars?

Sometimes road trips can be fun. Even memorable.

Sometimes

5 kids!?! :wow:

Gotta cough up that dough and fly.

I don't mind road trips but not with kids.

8 hours? I was thinking more like 12+. 8 is nothing .

Drive at night problem solved.

Yeah, but if it's with kids. I'd pay the money and buy a plane ticket to save time and the headache.

never been on a long road trip but thinking of saving money and driving vs flying
The drive is 8 hours or spend 2500 on plane tickets for 8 people
People say the trip is long and not much to look at. But was thinking about powering through it to save 2-3k, tickets and then renting a car.
Thoughts?
If u are considering driving..u have to compare a bunch of factors..is it 8 hours to get there? Then it is 16 hours..forgive me I only been to TX once sorry if it is 8 total..also..what will the gas cost u..maybe $150-200??

IDK about u guys but if I could save 2k I might just drive..give the kids iPhones/iPads/3ds to keep them occupied

I kno ppl that drive their family from NY to Orlando every summer..they save a fortune

Man, yall need to limit the amount of liquids you give the kids, give them a tablet and head phones, and get on the road.

save that 2-3k

Plan on starting the trip early morning
3 or 4 am so they can sleep half way or more
It's the drive back that I am dreading after the trip when tired

Give me 1k and I'll drive you both ways how ever many stops you want to make .

6-8 hour drive is nothing for a road trip. Anything above 10 hours enters the fly zone.

Family road trips can be fun....8 hours is nothing if you leave at 6 am you arrive at 2pm your saving thousands, it's a no brainer to drive and use the money saved for your vacation

Granted you probably won't see anything at all I drive from Houston to Little Rock 7 hours and don't see anything nothing worth stopping for besides lunch

Also go from Houston to Chicago and back but I stop halfway and get a room around 7pm and look around where ever I stopped

There's also a lot of racism in these small little towns tho

I actually don't mind driving.

After driving across the country, I feel like an 8-hr trip is nothing.

For me it's flying, I hate driving if it's more than 2 hours. I don't find driving relaxing at all.

I'd just drive. Flight from Houston to Lubbock is 1.5 hours long. Need to be at the airport 1.5 hours before flight. That's 3 hours right there. Factor in the rest of the **** like getting your bags, getting rental car, etc... and what are you really saving, 4 hours? For $2500+?

Back
Top Bottom