Robert Kraft: Tom Brady is better than Joe Montana

this really needs to be added to the equation when talking about montana.. because i know alot of people dont really know the game of football and only repeat whatever they hear said on ESPN

but people either forget or dont have a clue of how good those 49ers' defenses were in the on their championship teams
You act as if Brady carried every team he has been on and the Pats didnt have incredible defenses either.

Toms first SB win? They held the greatest show on turf to 17 points. The Pats Brady led offense was good enough to get destroyed in TOP, was awful in 3rd down conversions, and the win was largely aided by a pick 6 and Adam Vinatieri. Brady was named the MVP of the game simply because there really was no one else to give it to. His monster stat line 145 passing yards and one touchdown sure carried his team right?

Yes he dominated his second Superbowl win, and played well in his third, but please dont make it seem like Brady was leading a team that didnt have good defenses too.
so brady first two years their defense was amazing....after that it wasn't ...solid but not amazing and then it turned to ****....wipe that salt from your wounds 

You act as if Brady carried every team he has been on and the Pats didnt have incredible defenses either.

Toms first SB win? They held the greatest show on turf to 17 points. The Pats Brady led offense was good enough to get destroyed in TOP, was awful in 3rd down conversions, and the win was largely aided by a pick 6 and Adam Vinatieri. Brady was named the MVP of the game simply because there really was no one else to give it to. His monster stat line 145 passing yards and one touchdown sure carried his team right?

Yes he dominated his second Superbowl win, and played well in his third, but please dont make it seem like Brady was leading a team that didnt have good defenses too.
actually i'm just bring up how good those 49ers' defenses were.. i didnt mention brady or the patriots in my post

well, hell.. i should have probably said "people dont realize how good those teams were".. but i'm pretty sure everyone knows how good the offenses were

but even with the offense, people only mention montana and rice.. and forget how good other players were on the offense, like roger craig

EDIT:

and just for the record..

in my opinion i believe the '89 49ers are in the running for the greatest team of all time.. FOR ME, it's either them, '94 49ers or '99 rams

and the '91 eagles had the greatest defense ever

Last edited:
actually i'm just bring up how good those 49ers' defenses were.. i didnt mention brady or the patriots in my post

well, hell.. i should have probably said "people dont realize how good those teams were".. but i'm pretty sure everyone knows how good the offenses were

but even with the offense, people only mention montana and rice.. and forget how good other players were on the offense, like roger craig

My bad. I assumed that when you were speaking about Montana having great defenses, you were doing so in a way to diminish what he had accomplished. So naturally, if you were going to do that, I had to demonstrate that its not different with Brady in that regard.

so brady first two years their defense was amazing....after that it wasn't ...solid but not amazing and then it turned to ****....wipe that salt from your wounds 

Salt? Not a single thing I just said was incorrect. Sorry I hit a nerve though bud.

Last edited:
Let's just end this so called debate right now.........which era or decade of football was harder to play in??

I have no problem saying the Patriots are one of the premiere, if not THE premiere, franchise currently in the NFL. I have no problem acknowledging that Tom Brady is in my personal top three as far as QBs go.

What I DO have a problem with is the double-standard that comes with sports fans.

Bring up Barry Bonds, and what do people say? Keep him out of the hall, steroids, etc.
Bring up Lance Armstrong and you hear blood doping, give the Tour titles back, etc.
Bring up Kobe Bryant and people call him a rapist.
Bring up Ray Lewis and folks call him a murderer.
Bring up Pete Rose and people call him a cheater.

Bring up Spygate...... silence. Or denial. Or 'everyone was doing it.' The only other person who has even been found guilty of doing it was A FORMER PATRIOTS EMPLOYEE. In my opinion, I think Goddell destroying the tapes was extremely fishy and I wish we knew more on the subject.

take away the 00-02 seasons and Brady is STILL a HOF and #1 or #2 all time qb ever......

What I DO have a problem with is the double-standard that comes with sports fans.

Bring up Barry Bonds, and what do people say? Keep him out of the hall, steroids, etc.
Bring up Lance Armstrong and you hear blood doping, give the Tour titles back, etc.
Bring up Kobe Bryant and people call him a rapist.
Bring up Ray Lewis and folks call him a murderer.
Bring up Pete Rose and people call him a cheater.

Bring up Spygate...... silence. Or denial. Or 'everyone was doing it.' The only other person who has even been found guilty of doing it was A FORMER PATRIOTS EMPLOYEE. In my opinion, I think Goddell destroying the tapes was extremely fishy and I wish we knew more on the subject.
Barry Bonds did use steroids.

Lance Armstrong did dope and is about to admit to it.

Kobe Bryant...well I am not gonna go there.

Ray Lewis did get away with murder.

Pete Rose did gamble and gambled on his own team.

Your list consist of individual players who did what you listed. Spygate was something orchestrated from the top up & none of us know how much of a real advantage it gave New England. We also don't know for a fact if any other teams were doing this at the time. If you were to listen to talking heads in the league at that time; everyone was doing this. Your opinion about Roger Goddell destroying tapes is just that, an opinion.

Amazing how Joe Montana never even threw an interception in the Superbowl....the highlight being a 22-29, 297 yards, 5 TD, 0 interception performance vs Broncos top ranked scoring defense. :x

Last edited:
Amazing how Joe Montana never even threw an interception in the Superbowl....the highlight being a 22-29, 297 yards, 5 TD, 0 interception performance vs Broncos top ranked scoring defense.
sick.gif
thats just stupid

joe montana three straight one and done playoff appearances
you can nitpick anyone , but both are all time greats

Those Giants teams that he lost to though were ridiculous teams (Vikes were a bad loss). Not like what the AFC offers recently. Again not Tom's fault but the conference hasn't been overly impressive lately

These debates are pointless.

Especially when this is coming from the OWNER of the New England Patriots. You know how much money Brady made that man? Of course he's going to say Brady is the best QB ever.

But like I said, all of this is pointless.

Dolphins fans say Marino...

Denver fans say Elway...

49ers fans say Cool Joe...

Patriots fans say Brady...

Last edited:

Especially when this is coming from the OWNER of the New England Patriots. You know how much money Brady made that man? Of course he's going to say Brady is the best QB ever.

Denver fans say Elway...

Packers fans say Favre..

Steelers fans say Bradshaw.....

Cowboys fans say Aikman...

Oilers fans say Moon...

Bills fans say Kelly...

Vikings fans say Tarkenton...

Falcons fans say Vick....

It could go on and on

Denver fans say Elway...

Packers fans say Favre..

Do they?

Back
Top Bottom