....Robotech/Macross Zero.........

I did this a while back. It was my first artwork using Prisma Colored Markers (which I need lessons on). I didnt want to fork in $300+ on a huge set right awayso I picked up several colors and this was what I came up with. I think I did the nose of the aircraft a little too bulgy. I know there are a lot of artistshere that are excellent on using colored markers. I dont plan on using this medium that much but tips would still be be appreciated. I also did Optimus Primeand Devastator but they looked crappy.
8e8zxfo.jpg

Prismas work really well when used in conjunction with a black or white prismacolor color pencil. Your linework is good, but you need to work on usingdifferents shades of value. As it is, the unit looks too cluttered and is hard to read due to the fact that the whole plane is one shade of grey.

wait, so i can use prisma colored pencils with markers together? how about color blender? ( I saw one of those). Yeah you're right about one shade of gray,like I said I only bought several colors because I was only getting started. What would be the best brand of prisma colored markers to buy? I'm not reallya fan of this medium because I can tell I'm not really good at it, but I'd still like to give it another try.

The blender pen isnt really very effective, if anything it just makes the inks bleed more on the paper. regarding pencils and markers, lets say you lay down ablock of red in prismamarker and you want it to fade out, if you have the matching shade in prismacolor pencil, you can use that to fade out the red. Whitepencils are useful for reflecting small details, and adding reflections. As for the greys, I would recommend getting a 10%, 30%, 50%, and 70% cool grey just toexperiment with. I would just say to get good at markers takes some practice, but it's worth it in the end. You're already making real good progressfor a first try, just keep experimenting. Try using the markers like watercolors and layer shades.

Back
Top Bottom