Rock The Bells 2009 @ Merriweather Post - July 12th. **UPDATED** WITH SET LIST

Originally Posted by Jordan Freak 32

I'll be leaving the main stage to catch Rae and Slaughterhouse and maybe RZA...and spark an L at some point too.
pimp.gif

The two stages got me scheduling and planning my day out and s_
laugh.gif
Sir!
laugh.gif

hate the fact I gotta go to two different stages. I really want to see Rae, Rza and Slum Village. For those that went last year, how far is the second stage from the main one?
not to far at all
pimp.gif
....the only thing that makes it such adrag is the fact its crowded as @%%%...and the set list is always 100% wrong, meaning u may think ur gonna step for a quick sec, but end up missing who youwantd to see etc
mad.gif

Look for me tomorrow y'all. Tall asian kid with prob a C'MON fitted or somethin'...

Don't be afraid to say wassup or hit me with a tap tap pull
laugh.gif

Tommie I'll try to yell at your black *$% from where I'm sitting

KC Royals Fitted/Hundreds Tee/Camo Shorts/Penny Foams/Camera equipment.

See you there.

My-T.

Show was great. Buckshot,Talib,The Roots,Busta,Big Boi,Supernatural and Nas Killed it
pimp.gif

Baatin fell off stage
roll.gif

The replacements for Damien Marley killed it. AZ, Styles P, Pharoah Monch were a great addition.

Show was def. dope.

Some of my observations:

Ev/Alch def. ripped it at an early part of the day.
laugh.gif
@ taking dude's blunt and taking a hit from it

Common's set was dope. The lil' "hip-hop" segment was sick

There is no words from me about Supanat. He amazes me more and more every time I see him

Raekwon taking an hour to show up
smh.gif
but when he performed Verbal Intercourse
eek.gif

?uest is soooo
pimp.gif

Busta Rhymes look like he added 75 pounds...but damn near brought the entire pavilion down with his set
eek.gif

And last but not least...when AZ came out with Nas I screamed like a little girl. When they performed Affirmative Action, I damn near almost pissed my pants.

pimp.gif

P.S. - ol' boy Tommie walking around with like 3 camera

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Baatin fell off stage
roll.gif

Son I swear when I saw that I was so mad I didn't photograph it.

My-T.

At first I was concerned then, when he got up I laughed. You could def. tell he was on something. We will see how long his tenure in Slum laststhis time. T-3 and Elzhi looked didnt seem to care that much about his antics on stage.

On another note, I really hated the fact that I had to miss certain acts because of the split performances. I missed Slaughterhouse, Rza and Raekwon
ohwell.gif

I'm hoping they can get Outkast, Tribe and maybe Bun B next year.

Ev/Alch def. ripped it at an early part of the day.

QFT! Plus I was so glad Rae brought out Alchemist to spin for him.

M.O.P ... Words can't describe their performance. Them cats look like they're 60 but it doesn't even matter 'cus they put on one hell of ashow. Starting it with Cold As Ice was perfect.

Reflection Eternal was kind of disappointing.

Slaughterhouse isn't bad but I just can't get with Joe Buddens.

Common ripped it, although he took a while to set up. I was also disappointed he did so many songs from UMC but it's all good. He made up for it with his,"trip through Hip Hop". Also, like I said on Twitter, no one has more fun at their job then Common's DJ. He has a smile like a 4 year old onChristmas *pause* throughout the whole show, especially during his solo.

Big Boi put on a pretty good show but I didn't stay for the whole time.

Raekwon took a while but of course he killed it, and it was cool to see his kids rapping along with him. Then when he brought out I-N-S and he shouted"F**k Joe Budden", I busted out laughing.

RZA had me dying when he came out with the Grey Goose bottle and the Army fatigues. Also shout outs to ODB's first born wilin' out like no other. Kindof mad I missed The Roots, but RZA made it worth it.

Saw the latter half of Bustah's show and he's still live and Spliff is the perfect hype man for him. When he said he had 10 more minutes left the wholecrowd went wild. He paid homage to baby making music and it was quite hilarious...

What do I need to say about Nas? Nas...AZ...Styles P... Nothing really needs to be said other than I wish they would've done "How Ya Livin'"but it's all good.

Great concert, and the small stage was cool because all the acts chilled around after their sets.

BTW - Not comparable to my stint with Meth last year, but Evidence gave me dap on his way out. *faints*

and I think I won the Guitar Hero competition in that one tent, meaning I get free tickets
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

Baatin fell off stage
roll.gif

My-T.
At first I was concerned then, when he got up I laughed. You could def. tell he was on something. We will see how long his tenure in Slum lasts this time. T-3 and Elzhi looked didnt seem to care that much about his antics on stage.

On another note, I really hated the fact that I had to miss certain acts because of the split performances. I missed Slaughterhouse, Rza and Raekwon
ohwell.gif

He is schizophrenic. Dude was bugging on stage, but yea thats why el and t werent really tripping.

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

Baatin fell off stage
roll.gif

My-T.
At first I was concerned then, when he got up I laughed. You could def. tell he was on something. We will see how long his tenure in Slum lasts this time. T-3 and Elzhi looked didnt seem to care that much about his antics on stage.

ohwell.gif

He is schizophrenic. Dude was bugging on stage, but yea thats why el and t werent really tripping.

Back
Top Bottom