Ron Paul Thread. "Farewell Address" Pt.1 Vid and text.

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

sad, but true
SMH
30t6p3b.gif
. I'm a liberal, why would I vote for a Libertarian.

Let me help you out Rusty... This is why you should vote for him
pimp.gif
roll.gif

1)      Voted against Unemployment Benefits Extension

2)      Supports the Bush Tax Cuts

3)      Does not support a woman’s right to choose and have control over her body

4)      Opposes Roe vs. Wade

5)      Signed a petition that states life begins at inception

6)      Opposes abortion for woman who have been raped or are victim of incest

7)      Supports Abstinence-Only Education

glasses.gif
      Opposes federal funding for birth control

9)      Doesn’t believe in Public Education

10)   Thinks vouchers are the best route

11)   Thinks the free market will regulate pollution and would keep from pollutants in our air and water

12)   Denies global warming

13)   Denies evolution

14)   Opposes the 1964 Civil Rights Act

15)   Does not believe in same-sex marriage

16)   Mr. Constitution wants to get rid of the 14[sup]th[/sup] amendment.

17)   Wants to get rid of Department of Ed

18)   Wants to get rid of Dept. of Energy

19)   Voted against giving a Congressional Medal of Honor to Rosa Parks, and Mother Teresa (but Reagan was a good guy to give it to) By the way was the only one to vote against Rosa & Teresa. Saying they were “undeserving

I really don't care for Ron Paul, but the fact that the media is outright ignoring him just baffles me.

I really don't care for Ron Paul, but the fact that the media is outright ignoring him just baffles me.

Originally Posted by bilingue23

SMH
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
roll.gif

3)      Does not support a woman’s right to choose and have control over her body

glasses.gif

11)   Thinks the free market will regulate pollution and would keep from pollutants in our air and water

13)   Denies evolution

19)   Voted against giving a Congressional Medal of Honor to Rosa Parks, and Mother Teresa (but Reagan was a good guy to give it to) By the way was the only one to vote against Rosa & Teresa. Saying they were “undeserving

SMH
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
roll.gif

glasses.gif

13)   Denies evolution

That was a pretty solid watch. I'm in no way the most knowledgeable person in regards to economics, fiscal policy, monetary policy, etc. but feel like I know a good bit more than the average American regarding the financial crisis. When will Americans wake up and realize what's going on here? Times are "bad" now, but if no true leaders step up and we keep procrastinating the fix of our problems what lies ahead for our future as a country?

That was a pretty solid watch. I'm in no way the most knowledgeable person in regards to economics, fiscal policy, monetary policy, etc. but feel like I know a good bit more than the average American regarding the financial crisis. When will Americans wake up and realize what's going on here? Times are "bad" now, but if no true leaders step up and we keep procrastinating the fix of our problems what lies ahead for our future as a country?

I'm not going through those one by one.

First of all Ron Paul IS NOT for vouchers, he believes that they should be left to the States. If the States want to have a voucher program, they should be allowed to have them if they choose.

Second, yes he is personally against abortion, but he doesn't think it should be illegal. He is against Roe v. Wade because the Federal Government increased its power to regulate abortion. He thinks its a States Right issue.

Oh that earmarks argument.
laugh.gif
Do you know who is in charge of dividing up money for earmarks? The Office of Management and Budget, which is part of the Executive Branch. Ron Paul doesn't request the money, it's given to the States.

The church and state thing was ridiculous. All he said was that the Declaration and Constitution was influenced by the Founders religion. Read the founder's memoirs.

That's all the bunk I'm going to touch on. Like I said. DO. YOUR. OWN. RESEARCH.

I'm not going through those one by one.

First of all Ron Paul IS NOT for vouchers, he believes that they should be left to the States. If the States want to have a voucher program, they should be allowed to have them if they choose.

Second, yes he is personally against abortion, but he doesn't think it should be illegal. He is against Roe v. Wade because the Federal Government increased its power to regulate abortion. He thinks its a States Right issue.

Oh that earmarks argument.
laugh.gif
Do you know who is in charge of dividing up money for earmarks? The Office of Management and Budget, which is part of the Executive Branch. Ron Paul doesn't request the money, it's given to the States.

The church and state thing was ridiculous. All he said was that the Declaration and Constitution was influenced by the Founders religion. Read the founder's memoirs.

That's all the bunk I'm going to touch on. Like I said. DO. YOUR. OWN. RESEARCH.

My man Essential1 just about killed Ron Paul's 2012 presidential run with that list and follow-up
laugh.gif
.  Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.    

My man Essential1 just about killed Ron Paul's 2012 presidential run with that list and follow-up
laugh.gif
.  Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.    

See this is why people don't like Ron Paul... And this is why people don't like his supporters even more.. Because it is a blind cult like following (Ironic they accuse the same of Obama voters).. Ron Paul is a god and you can't question his many egregious positions. The response will be "How dare you question Dr. Paul. He is the only one who can fix this mess, and America is just too stupid to understand his awesomeness to vote for him. It is a conspiracy. The media is trying to hold him down. People don't take us seriously." Maybe we don't take you seriously because you are not meant to be.

Rashi
1) He is against "government vouchers" but in his Family Education Freedom Act (H.R. 612) proposed a tax credit of $3,000 to families for the sole purpose of families being able to use the vouchers to cover tuition

Proposed the Education Improvement Tax Cut Act. Which gives $5,000 to be used only for school related expenses

He says he is not for "government vouchers" because of the "spending" but is for government action to give a tax cut that gives money to the family to shop for their school. That is pretty much the definition of a voucher. Just instead of using it as a spending program, it is a tax credit program (which is negative spending).

According to Merriam Webster the 4th part of the Second Definition of Voucher is: “d : a form or check indicating a CREDIT against future purchases or expenditures “
Merriam Webster
3: a coupon issued by government to a parent or guardian to be used to FUND a child's education in either a public or private school

It is a voucher. Get over it.

2) I’m not sure you read the title of the article I poster
"Ron Paul stresses opposition to abortion rights in Iowa speech"
http://thehill.com/blogs/...hts-in-straw-poll-speech

http://www.govtrack.us/co...lltext.xpd?bill=h109-776 Life begins at conception bill (which is nonsense). It also removes judges from the issue (like you said)
Him being against abortion. Against abortion rights. Allowing states to vote on if they want to or not (knowing that it will lead to several Southern States to ban it and cause women to undergo a risky self procedure) is AGAINST ABORTION. Also NOWHERE DID I SAY HE THINKS IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL. I said he is against a women’s right to choose and thinks life starts at conception. Opposes funding for birth control. Opposes women getting an abortion in cases of rape and incest because early on "you can use the morning after pill". Thinks abstinence only education should be taught. ALL TRUE. And I sourced every one with his words.

3) You tried to misrepresent the earmark process. The Office of Budget & Management does approve earmarks. But the Congressman request it.
http://washingtonindepend...-for-2011-budget-updated
"Ron Paul one of only four House Republicans to request earmarks for 2011 budget"
51 earmarks requests totaling $358,303,155 from libertarian favorite
“Paul’s largest request in 2010 was $51.5 million in federal money to be spent on “Reconstruction of Bluewater Highway Hurricane Evacuation Route Between Brazoria and Galveston Counties in Texas.

See this is why people don't like Ron Paul... And this is why people don't like his supporters even more.. Because it is a blind cult like following (Ironic they accuse the same of Obama voters).. Ron Paul is a god and you can't question his many egregious positions. The response will be "How dare you question Dr. Paul. He is the only one who can fix this mess, and America is just too stupid to understand his awesomeness to vote for him. It is a conspiracy. The media is trying to hold him down. People don't take us seriously." Maybe we don't take you seriously because you are not meant to be.

Rashi
1) He is against "government vouchers" but in his Family Education Freedom Act (H.R. 612) proposed a tax credit of $3,000 to families for the sole purpose of families being able to use the vouchers to cover tuition

Proposed the Education Improvement Tax Cut Act. Which gives $5,000 to be used only for school related expenses

He says he is not for "government vouchers" because of the "spending" but is for government action to give a tax cut that gives money to the family to shop for their school. That is pretty much the definition of a voucher. Just instead of using it as a spending program, it is a tax credit program (which is negative spending).

According to Merriam Webster the 4th part of the Second Definition of Voucher is: “d : a form or check indicating a CREDIT against future purchases or expenditures “
Merriam Webster
3: a coupon issued by government to a parent or guardian to be used to FUND a child's education in either a public or private school

2) I’m not sure you read the title of the article I poster
"Ron Paul stresses opposition to abortion rights in Iowa speech"
http://thehill.com/blogs/...hts-in-straw-poll-speech

http://www.govtrack.us/co...lltext.xpd?bill=h109-776 Life begins at conception bill (which is nonsense). It also removes judges from the issue (like you said)
Him being against abortion. Against abortion rights. Allowing states to vote on if they want to or not (knowing that it will lead to several Southern States to ban it and cause women to undergo a risky self procedure) is AGAINST ABORTION. Also NOWHERE DID I SAY HE THINKS IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL. I said he is against a women’s right to choose and thinks life starts at conception. Opposes funding for birth control. Opposes women getting an abortion in cases of rape and incest because early on "you can use the morning after pill". Thinks abstinence only education should be taught. ALL TRUE. And I sourced every one with his words.

3) You tried to misrepresent the earmark process. The Office of Budget & Management does approve earmarks. But the Congressman request it.
http://washingtonindepend...-for-2011-budget-updated
"Ron Paul one of only four House Republicans to request earmarks for 2011 budget"
51 earmarks requests totaling $358,303,155 from libertarian favorite
“Paul’s largest request in 2010 was $51.5 million in federal money to be spent on “Reconstruction of Bluewater Highway Hurricane Evacuation Route Between Brazoria and Galveston Counties in Texas.

Merriam Webster

Tax credits aren't school vouchers moron.� Know the difference. Why don't you actually read the bill, thanks.

To do research is to actually get to know the POV. You clearly aren't doing that because you have an agenda. This is actually encouraging because you are exposing yourself by trying so hard to suppress Ron Paul when he supposedly is unelectable. He's a not only a threat to your views, but the views to an establishment that dictates and negates Individualism.

By your flops, misreadings, and already misquotes, your credibility RE: Ron Paul is shot.

Be gone peon.

Merriam Webster

Tax credits aren't school vouchers moron.� Know the difference. Why don't you actually read the bill, thanks.

To do research is to actually get to know the POV. You clearly aren't doing that because you have an agenda. This is actually encouraging because you are exposing yourself by trying so hard to suppress Ron Paul when he supposedly is unelectable. He's a not only a threat to your views, but the views to an establishment that dictates and negates Individualism.

By your flops, misreadings, and already misquotes, your credibility RE: Ron Paul is shot.

Be gone peon.

Ron Paul believes that the government should STAY OUT of most social issues (marriage included). He is not against gay marriage. He has stated many times that it should be up to the states and the churches to decide who can marry. He does not have a vendetta against gay people and is not a homophobe (unlike most of the other GOP candidates.

He opposes any federal spending increases no matter what they are for. Not sure why you are making it into a race issue, when he is against all federal spending increases, no matter who is the recipient.

OK, he is against abortion (he was an OB-GYN), but is for the morning after pill for rape/incest victims. Did he say that the woman should carry the baby full term and give birth? No. But that's what your OG post on that issue insinuated.

Yes, RP is a Christian, but he does not believe in policing morality (ie drugs and prostitution). He does not force his Christian beliefs on the American people (unlike most other GOP candidates).

He believes that no group (gays, blacks, hispanics, etc) deserve any 'special' rights (ie hate crime legislation). He believes that we all have 'God-given' rights as humans, and noone should be considered 'more important' than anyone else because of their race, religion, or sexual preference. Here is an excerpt from his book: 'Imposing preferential penalties endorses the concept of relative rights, which of course is a very dangerous, slippery slope. It implies that some victims have greater worth than others.'

He has never voted to increase taxes.

He would end all wars and bring the troops home, if elected president.

He is FOR property rights, liberty, and extremely limited government.

And as Rashi has stated, you fail to mention his REASONS for the way he votes/believes, which makes your comments very biased and ignorant. Once again, if you read his book i believe it would at least open you up to a different way of thinking. The man is very smart, that you cannot deny.

Ron Paul believes that the government should STAY OUT of most social issues (marriage included). He is not against gay marriage. He has stated many times that it should be up to the states and the churches to decide who can marry. He does not have a vendetta against gay people and is not a homophobe (unlike most of the other GOP candidates.

He opposes any federal spending increases no matter what they are for. Not sure why you are making it into a race issue, when he is against all federal spending increases, no matter who is the recipient.

OK, he is against abortion (he was an OB-GYN), but is for the morning after pill for rape/incest victims. Did he say that the woman should carry the baby full term and give birth? No. But that's what your OG post on that issue insinuated.

Yes, RP is a Christian, but he does not believe in policing morality (ie drugs and prostitution). He does not force his Christian beliefs on the American people (unlike most other GOP candidates).

He believes that no group (gays, blacks, hispanics, etc) deserve any 'special' rights (ie hate crime legislation). He believes that we all have 'God-given' rights as humans, and noone should be considered 'more important' than anyone else because of their race, religion, or sexual preference. Here is an excerpt from his book: 'Imposing preferential penalties endorses the concept of relative rights, which of course is a very dangerous, slippery slope. It implies that some victims have greater worth than others.'

And as Rashi has stated, you fail to mention his REASONS for the way he votes/believes, which makes your comments very biased and ignorant. Once again, if you read his book i believe it would at least open you up to a different way of thinking. The man is very smart, that you cannot deny.

I'm the moron? A tax credit that is only available for the use of shopping for what school you attend falls under the 2 definitions of vouchers I posted from a reputable Dictionary... Just in case you want to suddenly question the integrity of the Merriam Webster dictionary..

May not be what you call a "school voucher" but it is a negative spending voucher.

Says the same guy who thinks the Civil War was an act of Northern Aggression...

Reason why people question your intelligence frequently rashi is because you are frequently wrong. I've never seen someone bungle history up so badly, and it is funny to me. I almost would rather have TBone (the resident NT conservative before you back)

And the 2 mistakes I made was a quote from a long time staffer, and the other was not distinguished or separated from his quote in the article....... And I admitted them... Every other thing I specifically sourced when asked and used his quotes and voting record...

It comes down to one thing: You're a sheep....I know his point of view immensely... More than you will ever care to admit or recognize.. But unlike you I don't accuse the other view point of trying to control our minds and being murderers as you often do to liberals. And it actually doesn't bother me because you come off as an ignorant *+@!%!+...

You're so angry someone questioned the "GREAT" Dr. Paul that you felt bad about your position because I pointed out a man with severely flawed logic.....A logic most people view as unrealistic and down right idiotic.. And it hurts that people think your viewpoint is idiotic doesn't it..

It hurts that the founders were majority liberal and created a living constitution, and almost all presidents who ranks consistently high on the all time presidential rankings (by the public and historians) are immensely liberal....  And most of the ones at the bottom practiced in the same ##%@%%@% economic policy you believe in leading to massive economic turmoil or massive business corruption.

So you have to resort to name calling, and deflection.. Fine just make you look like that much more of a tool.... Sorry Sheep....

When you look through your ##%@%%@% name calling all you can see is an insecure person whose arguments never have a leg to stand on.

I'm the moron? A tax credit that is only available for the use of shopping for what school you attend falls under the 2 definitions of vouchers I posted from a reputable Dictionary... Just in case you want to suddenly question the integrity of the Merriam Webster dictionary..

May not be what you call a "school voucher" but it is a negative spending voucher.

Says the same guy who thinks the Civil War was an act of Northern Aggression...

Reason why people question your intelligence frequently rashi is because you are frequently wrong. I've never seen someone bungle history up so badly, and it is funny to me. I almost would rather have TBone (the resident NT conservative before you back)

And the 2 mistakes I made was a quote from a long time staffer, and the other was not distinguished or separated from his quote in the article....... And I admitted them... Every other thing I specifically sourced when asked and used his quotes and voting record...

It comes down to one thing: You're a sheep....I know his point of view immensely... More than you will ever care to admit or recognize.. But unlike you I don't accuse the other view point of trying to control our minds and being murderers as you often do to liberals. And it actually doesn't bother me because you come off as an ignorant *+@!%!+...

You're so angry someone questioned the "GREAT" Dr. Paul that you felt bad about your position because I pointed out a man with severely flawed logic.....A logic most people view as unrealistic and down right idiotic.. And it hurts that people think your viewpoint is idiotic doesn't it..

It hurts that the founders were majority liberal and created a living constitution, and almost all presidents who ranks consistently high on the all time presidential rankings (by the public and historians) are immensely liberal....  And most of the ones at the bottom practiced in the same ##%@%%@% economic policy you believe in leading to massive economic turmoil or massive business corruption.

So you have to resort to name calling, and deflection.. Fine just make you look like that much more of a tool.... Sorry Sheep....

When you look through your ##%@%%@% name calling all you can see is an insecure person whose arguments never have a leg to stand on.

That right there is more than enough for me to vote for him not like that 2face Obama who ran on Anti-War platform and did the exact opposite.  

That right there is more than enough for me to vote for him not like that 2face Obama who ran on Anti-War platform and did the exact opposite.  

Your ignorance is running rampant now.

Webster's dictionary definition is not the same definition interpreted by LAW. Have you ever taken any Constitutional Law classes? Or any political science classes at all?

A Tax Credit is when the person pays DIRECTLY. A voucher is a government SUBSIDY. The money in a Tax Credit is money RETAINED by the individual that is never paid to the government, the voucher is money that has been allocated by the government and redistributed towards tuition.

laugh.gif
Using Webster's dictionary. Get out of here.

Your ignorance is running rampant now.

Webster's dictionary definition is not the same definition interpreted by LAW. Have you ever taken any Constitutional Law classes? Or any political science classes at all?

A Tax Credit is when the person pays DIRECTLY. A voucher is a government SUBSIDY. The money in a Tax Credit is money RETAINED by the individual that is never paid to the government, the voucher is money that has been allocated by the government and redistributed towards tuition.

laugh.gif
Using Webster's dictionary. Get out of here.

Back
Top Bottom