Rona Economy Thread

wr

Let's post things in this thread regarding Economy after Rona.
So many companies closing filing bankruptcy and changing long established business practices.

Looks like Bezos and Amazon are in a prime( no pun intended) position to really dominate the market. Their business model has been chipping away at big box retailers for a while. Is Rona the final nail?

Bezos & Amazon has too much ****ing power & our government being as "lenient" as it is w/ them financially in regards to things such TAXING, is a crock of ****.

We're literally witnessing a developing monopoly & no ones doing anything to prevent it. This is a major issue.

Yeah it really is starting to get a little crazy. I mean Amazon can theoretically get into any segment and just chip away and gain control of that segment.

Hard to stop people from buying stuff on Amazon, getting it delivered in 2 days, and it is usually the cheapest price (what majority of people care about)

I saw that about Nike. Actually i looked on their careers page and they have no openings up. Also Macy's laid off a bunch of people

b9ba4cc3ae1e91e9db557b14242f49d0.gif

Thought Nikes profits were through the roof with their online sales. Feel the worst for the smaller retailers and businesses. Its hard enough getting banks and start up money for those to begin with (especially the minority owned ones)

McDonalds times quite closed after many years. It was a 24 hour spot and they couldn’t get up off the mat.

All the Modell’s sporting goods stores shut down around my way.

people had better been saving them funemployment checks...

I have a high paying, stable job and have never been more motivated to quit this **** and try something new.

this **** really illuminated how crappy things are when you aren’t calling the shots.

I just don’t know what to do. I have six months of expenses saved... gonna get a little more cushion go try some ****.

idk of its consulting, building up small businesses, or whatever... but some **** gotta shake

This will only help keep Gap afloat for a couple of more years. I have a friend at Corporate and she's been telling me there have been so many re-orgs within to try and save money.

Curious to see what trash Kanye put out. Gap clothing line has been more miss than hit the past couple of years.

Reactions: wr
I have a high paying, stable job and have never been more motivated to quit this **** and try something new.

this **** really illuminated how crappy things are when you aren’t calling the shots.

I just don’t know what to do. I have six months of expenses saved... gonna get a little more cushion go try some ****.

idk of its consulting, building up small businesses, or whatever... but some **** gotta shake

it ain’t even necessarily about calling the shots. It just proves that human beings DGAF about one another. It’s all a fallacy. People still will never come together. Look how they started price gouging for hand sanitizer and tissue
:lol:

I’d respect people more if they just admitted that they only care about themselves, and we all just coexist . But hey, a narcissist society created by people, hit with a pandemic during said era of narcissism, and this is what happens

People are working from home and thinking about their future like retired folks. I think the way you feel is how a lot of people with established jobs feel. Major cultural shift coming. This is bigger than the introduction of the smart phone. People are seriously questioning their careers right now.

So many of my coworkers have side calls with me just fed up for the most random reasons. I know that's code for I'm about to quit and figure things out.

I just feel bad for the people that are not working right now and I feel fortunate, and at the same time I feel like work is currently being re defined.

Especially if these stimulus payments turn into UBI.

people had better been saving them funemployment checks...

I know we joke about the Donald bucks and extra money on the unemployment checks but realistically, if you were already struggling or living paycheck to paycheck, I dont see a lot being saved.

They gave us just enough to catch up on some bills, credit cards.

Maybe take care of some car and home troubles you've been putting off and maintain your current bills.

Like it's been nice, but this **** ain't here yo set people up NOT to work.

Once the $600 ends in June, I could probably maintain a month or two.

Back
Top Bottom