Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

bro in law came up huge on his vacation to Hawaii.
9C242D55-307E-4A07-8BBE-6CE2014E38FA.jpeg

Is it me or did these last two collections (USA & Wilson) flop really hard?

I've been sitting it all out. I don't play tennis. Similar to BMW, I'd look foolish wearing this stuff as good as it looks. Clothing collabs have become oversaturated with the price going upwards for no good reason and the consumer is getting smarter. Even Supreme clothing is pretty attainable now. A week after the ALD release also didn't help.

Is it me or did these last two collections (USA & Wilson) flop really hard?

I think Wilson is super niche so that could be why. I thought USA collection had a lot of dope stuff and am pretty surprised how little sold out.

A theory about USA stuff, maybe it’s cool to be anti America these days amongst his core demographic?

I think Wilson is super niche so that could be why. I thought USA collection had a lot of dope stuff and am pretty surprised how little sold out.

A theory about USA stuff, maybe it’s cool to be anti America these days amongst his core demographic?
I don't think you have to be anti-America to not want a huge American flag on your shirt. It sucks that it's this way but a certain demographic deemed themselves "Patriots" and fly 10 foot USA flags out the back of their pickup truck and I'd rather not be confused to be associated with that group.

I don't think you have to be anti-America to not want a huge American flag on your shirt. It sucks that it's this way but a certain demographic deemed themselves "Patriots" and fly 10 foot USA flags out the back of their pickup truck and I'd rather not be confused to be associated with that group.

you would think the Olympic Rings would be the distinguishing factor. You would think…

I think it’s just the style of clothing. The loud branding and multi-colored items just don’t hit right now. Look at what’s successful right now like ALD with their tonal takes, New Balance is on fire, Yankee or Mets hat over a supreme 6 panel. People want longevity from their purchases, not fast fashion at a hefty price. Fashion is also cyclical so it will come back at some point. Kith’s regular collection sells better than these collabs because they’re tonal and last longer in your wardrobe. I assume another BMW one is in the works based on his IG hints so another one for me to sit out.
The Wilson collab is actually really nice, but just not for me as someone who casually checks in on tennis. My annual US Open visit is about it.

The whole look of the Wilson collab was dope IMO and I bought quite a bit but it’s definitely not for everyone.
I will say that Ron’s been missing the mark with his timing for sure. I think he released the Olympic stuff like 2 weeks after the games started and the Wilson stuff halfway through the us open. That means pretty much anyone outside of the Tri state area would get their stuff at the end or after the events are over. Even though the Wilson stuff isn’t inherently tied to the event like the Olympics, I still won’t get my Wilson stuff til next week here on the west coast, well after the us open is over.

Damn I thought they were just normal balls.

Back
Top Bottom