Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

Scorsese directing a campaign for Kith x Armani is wild. I know we clown on his for some things but it's impressive what Ronnie has build and transformed the company/brand into.
Scorsese shooting a trailer for you Giorgio Ammani Collab is a crazy flex. Having that be the follow up to Wesley Snipes modeling your fall collection is out of this world.

Dude is pulling some elite level talent just to push clothes that would already sell just fine despite the price.

U just can't convince me Kith ain't doing it right now.

The real question here is, how limitless is their talent budget???
Can’t believe any of these guys were getting over a million (Seinfeld, David, Cranston, Cox. Brody, Snipes, Scorsese). Still a lot but if their revenue estimates are to be believed that’s a piss in the bucket for Kith at this point.

all they really need to do is design and sell cool clothes. the rest is whatever to me. i'm not buying **** because wesley snipes was in a video, or scorsese directed something. maybe i'm in the minority here. or not the kith target audience (likely)

All these campaigns with recent celebrities gotta just be a flex for Ronnie, and great for him.

Clothing is often marketed to the youth and with these campaigns, that's not what he's doing. I'm not sure lots of youth are into or even know the Scorsese's, Brody's, Wesley Snipes;, Seinfeld's, John Leguizamo's, etc. etc.

BUT...regardless, he's getting lots of sales and it's possible he wants to attract the older/more mature audiences for the actual Kith brand. And then the youth/kids can buy the other hyped brands and sneakers that their stores sell.

Which products and which celebrities?
Gangs of NY and Goodfellas collabs with Scorsese who owns the rights to those, Curb Your Enthusiasm with Larry, less direct collabs with Cranston on BB (southwest style clothing shot in the desert), Ed Norton (Hulk) for BMW, Seinfeld NYC jackets, Tommy Hilfiger collab, Michael Imperioli for Bergdorf Goodman collab, LeBron collab, KD for Team USA collab… probably more I’m forgetting.

Gangs of NY and Goodfellas collabs with Scorsese who owns the rights to those, Curb Your Enthusiasm with Larry, less direct collabs with Cranston on BB (southwest style clothing shot in the desert), Ed Norton (Hulk) for BMW, Seinfeld NYC jackets, Tommy Hilfiger collab, Michael Imperioli for Bergdorf Goodman collab, LeBron collab, KD for Team USA collab… probably more I’m forgetting.

I read your previous message as Ronnie dealing with all these folks directly before hand, doing business. Scorsese, Hulk, etc. all seem like licensing deals all indirectly. Ronnie said he met Scorsese through Armani. Your message about business dealings before these campaigns was confusing.

I read your previous message as Ronnie dealing with all these folks directly before hand, doing business. Scorsese, Hulk, etc. all seem like licensing deals all indirectly. Ronnie said he met Scorsese through Armani. Your message about business dealings before these campaigns was confusing.
every collab kith has done is a licensing deal. Who do you think is licensing curb or goodfellas? Those guys own the licensing rights.

every collab kith has done is a licensing deal. Who do you think is licensing curb or goodfellas? Those guys own the licensing rights.

Exactly, I know this. But I read your message, and it seemed to me that you said these celebrities were directly doing business with Ronnie before the campaigns, thus how he got them for the campaigns.

What do you mean exactly?
You would just think a lot of these highly successful people would be above this sort of thing. But if the paycheck is good, no one (even Scorcese) turns it down. Related, I read an article that basically you can get any music act to play at your kid's Bar Mitzvah--even Beyonce. Just have to pay enough. Although with someone like Seinfeld, I think having kids makes a huge difference. I am just surprised the caliber of people who he gets to do this and it seems he's paying a lot for it. Then again, his entire marketing budget goes towards this stuff rather than print/digital media. Better use of resources. Probably has insane business deductions at the end of the year.

HBO owns Curb. They're getting the largest license fees. Larry gets something, but HBO owns the product and the licensing rights.
Scorcese doesn't own Goodfellas, Warner Bros owns it and licenses it. He probably gets a payment, but its the studio/producer who owns the licensing rights.

Point was they directly get checks when merch from licensing deals moves. Larry still owns part of Curb, Scorcese produced those films and owns royalties on them as well. Much easier to get celebs to sign on to make more money for themselves when you’ve already made them some money. Can’t tell me KD and his agent sign on to wear the Kith team USA stuff if Kith didn’t have an existing relationship with Nike. This is how the world works. Shocking it even needs explaining.

You would just think a lot of these highly successful people would be above this sort of thing. But if the paycheck is good, no one (even Scorcese) turns it down. Related, I read an article that basically you can get any music act to play at your kid's Bar Mitzvah--even Beyonce. Just have to pay enough. Although with someone like Seinfeld, I think having kids makes a huge difference. I am just surprised the caliber of people who he gets to do this and it seems he's paying a lot for it. Then again, his entire marketing budget goes towards this stuff rather than print/digital media. Better use of resources. Probably has insane business deductions at the end of the year.

Yeah, the Scorsese thing came about as he's close with Armani. Don't see him doing a random Kith ad for any type of bag at this point in his career.

Point was they directly get checks when merch from licensing deals moves. Larry still owns part of Curb, Scorcese produced those films and owns royalties on them as well. Much easier to get celebs to sign on to make more money for themselves when you’ve already made them some money. Can’t tell me KD and his agent sign on to wear the Kith team USA stuff if Kith didn’t have an existing relationship with Nike. This is how the world works. Shocking it even needs explaining.

But you really think Scorcese or Larry even sees or checks who's licensing these things? I imagine they just collect money monthly/yearly/whenever from a "licensing fee royalty" or something that their accountants handle. Your point was that these big names were familiar with Kith/Ronnie before he got them to do these ads, because Kith used their licensing. I think that's a reach.

But you really think Scorcese or Larry even sees or checks who's licensing these things? I imagine they just collect money monthly/yearly/whenever from a "licensing fee royalty" or something that their accountants handle. Your point was that these big names were familiar with Kith/Ronnie before he got them to do these ads, because Kith used their licensing. I think that's a reach.
I’d be shocked if their agents didn’t inform them where the checks came from when Ronnie approaches them for deals. And even a guy like Larry loves a free hookup on gear. Saw pics of them last basketball season together with Lar wearin Kith from head to toe. Relationships matter. Making celebs money promoting their brands is the easiest sell to cut them another check

IMG_2188.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom